Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Obedient_Calf
Account Banned

Default Staff?

Current Staff
In alphabetical order (active staff in BOLD)

Administrators

Depp
Chain
Daredude861

Moderators

Amelie
Andom4444
BettyBoop
Big_Joe
Cheesy dude
Chloe
Glutgod
Lestat221
LilAngel
Manbearpig
Merlin
Mephistopheles
Pikachu
Pingu
Trystaan
Userben
xxxMichellexxx

Not complaining at all, just wondering why there are so many staff that are inactive, theres a few names ive never even seen on the site before. If your not going to contribute even casually should you have moderator rights and controls?

You've got Manbearpig being as badass as ever and Boop ever so fitting in her role doing all the mod work for their perks (perks being the respect) while the others dont even come online.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
getDare Sweetheart

Some mods are urr... the earlier mods and stopped coming to the site, or stopped being very active in modding. Depp dont usually take away their status though, so they just become inactive.

Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z

Ohhhhsnap.

Hello.
444 <3 Softeyes
and we're in a relationship.
So, advances towards softeyes would very much not be appreciated.
TQTQTQ
Old 08-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

I don't know whether or to be delighted or angered by being called a bad ass

Some of the staff were once very active and did a lot of the stuff in the past to really help start the site kick off (Big_Joe, Lestat221, among others) who are sometimes still on, but don't have time to really do stuff anymore. But that is no reason to stop them from being a mod. Because, sometimes after their breaks, they do come back and help us again. Everyone needs a break here and there, and sometimes it needs to be longer. But removing them as mods is not necessary as they are always welcome if they come back.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Old 08-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Also, just because we don't see posts by them doesn't mean they do nothing. We don't know how much they do because, for all we know, some appear invisible and do moderating just without us seeing it directly.

But I do agree I've only really seen two active mods around. But there's enough, in that when people do take breaks, there are enough to interchange and we're never short of badass (compliment, MBP ) mods.

Last edited by Slenderman - Doctor; 08-10-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
Jacques
Distinguished Member

It's the same as ex-presidents remaining 'Mr President' after they leave- it's a mark of respect for the work they did and recognition of their former glory.

The MERICALE of LIFF!!!

Betty Boop:
"The Man. The Myth. The Legend.
You're awesome."

Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

I agree with you Doctor on all things except the 2 active mods. Of course Betty and myself have already been mentioned. If you look at the ban list, you still see active moderation by Pingu and Amelie and you of course Lilangel is still around as far as I can tell. Other mods still login but may remain invisible (myself included) but wish to be seen for various odd reasons. But I get where you are getting at.

One last note on your post Doctor: I have not seen a case where an old mod comes on and starts bossing people around. That doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. But I haven't seen it.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #7
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
I agree with you Doctor on all things except the 2 active mods. Of course Betty and myself have already been mentioned. If you look at the ban list, you still see active moderation by Pingu and Amelie and you of course Lilangel is still around as far as I can tell. Other mods still login but may remain invisible (myself included) but wish to be seen for various odd reasons. But I get where you are getting at.

One last note on your post Doctor: I have not seen a case where an old mod comes on and starts bossing people around. That doesn't mean that it hasn't happened. But I haven't seen it.
Fair points. I removed my last point because it was a bit naff. I didn't say there were instances of people abusing their written status, but I merely said I was well against it, implying people should use their status for good. And I agree with you when you say nobody's abused it or just sat sailing with a grin on their face just because they're staff.

And yeah. I recognise Amelie and Pingu as they do great work on banning spammers. I don't look at the list often and I guess that's where the idea of not knowing/seeing comes into it. You and Bella post quite a lot in the forums, especially when you're moderating threads but Pingu and Amelie don't because they can't. That's what I was meaning when I said some mods work "behind the scenes" some.

(God, I waffle xD)
Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #8
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Other mods are moderating but they may not be as active on forums or aren't openly moderating such as Amelie, Pingu and Chloe like MBP said, but they are doing the work. Though you can look on the ban list, the ban list isn't a way to see which mods are active and which aren't because moderating isn't only banning bad guys
There are inactive mods as I believe depp doesn't like to de-mod people as they might not be gone for good, though mods can ask to be de-modded if they wish.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 08-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

On another forum I visit, they have a "Groups List" which shows all the mods and admins. You can see whether or not they're currently online, you can hover over the purple/green button to see when they were last active (quite handy so you know how active/inactive they are), and can contact them easily.

(Names blacked out for privacy, obviously.)

Could be handy for people? Instead of having to look for mods with their dotted underlines (which some don't seem to have, or didn't the last time I looked), you can click on a link and you have a list of everyone available. And even with those appearing invisible, you could still contact them.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Additional: I know we have the current thread with bolded names but this is out of the way and often there are bolded names who are inactive. And it has to be constantly updated. The suggestion above would remove that manual update and, maybe a link could be situated next to "Quick Links" in the navbar so everyone can find it quickly.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #11
Trystaan
getDare Succubus

Contrary to popular belief, I am still alive and I am on here every day
Old 08-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #12
Obedient_Calf
Account Banned

Kinda all makes sence with me being GMT user I guess I'll never seen some of the others I rarely see depp on the times I am. What would happen in some unlikely situation were MBP, boop and Chloe went on holiday (not together, or maybe) would others be called apon or would depp be pullin his hair out trashing rubbish?

MBP your the guy on the doors to club getdare, your the badass somehow I doubt boops puppies and cupcakes approach to getdare would suit you.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
LilAngel
getDare Addict

I am so tempted to show how 'badass' MBP really is.

Permission to move a certain stickied thread please?

And also, the amount of stuff a mod does has a lot to do with when they log in. For example, the peak hours in Australia would have a significantly less amount of posts made during the peak hours in US. There would be less people reporting things either, and less interaction amongst the users overall. Basically, reports are done as soon as they are soon by who ever is online at the time.

Plus, a lot of the moderators here are just around to deal with PMs we get, and editing posts quietly, or getting rid of personal information.

Quote:
What would happen in some unlikely situation were MBP, boop and Chloe went on holiday (not together, or maybe) would others be called apon or would depp be pullin his hair out trashing rubbish?
Other mods step up. :P (AND FINALLY GET TO DO SOMETHING. GOSH.)

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
Old 08-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #14
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAngel View Post

No idea what this is about

But when people have been gone for awhile (such as myself) the site has survived. I think we would all be good.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAngel View Post

Completely 'badass' if I recall.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Closed Thread