Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Default Thanking Threads

You know how reputation points are removed because of the negative feeling a user can get from them? Well, wouldn't thanking threads give that same affect? Because users could get discouraged that their threads are not getting thanked when they see other threads that got thanked.

Me? I could careless if my threads get thanked or not.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #2
Stix
getDare Devil

Not trying to start any arguments...

But I think this thread is kinda silly...

1) If you don't care, then why create the thread?
2) Why make the point unless you can come up with a suitable solution?
3) I don't think this is a problem at all. Thanks are only given to threads which people feel personally are the best! i.e. thanks are opinions.

One shouldn't take offence by opinions, as they're not fact...

But then, this post is just my opinion
Old 07-26-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
sekai
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to sekai

I give "Thanks" whenever I feel that the post is a good one and the authour should be thanked for it. Usually I thank for good ads and stories, sometimes dares.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"What a beautiful woman! Would you mind showing me your panties?" - One Piece
Old 07-26-2010, 06:05 AM   #4
adam160818

not trying to couse and argument nither :P but i think that thanking threads is good because if it does not get thanked it has not benifited the fourm in a grate deal where as the stickys and things like that have so they get thanked becasue with out them we would be lost lol :P

and i have no clue whant i jsut said realy but i like thanking threads lol :P x

"Marowak From birth, this savage Pokemon constantly holds bones. It is skilled in useing them as wepons."
Old 07-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #5
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Most people on here don't create threads for the purpose of being thanked. That's stupid. They create them so others can enjoy. If, however, the post is good, other users will reward the post and say it is a good one. It is like saying that someone helps an old person shovel the snow without asking and expecting to be payed. You might, but that isn't the reason why you did it.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Old 07-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #6
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Most people on here don't create threads for the purpose of being thanked. That's stupid. They create them so others can enjoy. If, however, the post is good, other users will reward the post and say it is a good one. It is like saying that someone helps an old person shovel the snow without asking and expecting to be payed. You might, but that isn't the reason why you did it.
This.

Also, "thanks" are usually rare anyway. I don't see them that often.

Rep was visible 100% of the time, under people's names. "Thanks" are only visible in threads.

We have a person. Let's call him Tim.

Tim goes around getDare viewing threads. He has 10 threads himself and views however many other threads. Some are "thanked", some are not. If he gets upset that he has no "thanks", in my opinion, he's stupid.

The moment you demand or expect something, you fall down. You make a YouTube video. Your video may get 50 views whereas your friend's may get 500. You shouldn't try and compete, just be happy with the current status. You cannot force people to watch yours, just as you cannot force people to "thank" your threads.

To be honest, I find this whole thread topic daft in that it falls apart and there's no weight to the discussion. It's just silly.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
Ribbit101
getDare Sweetheart

Personally, I view a thanks as extraordinary, and thus am not bothered if a thread of mine does not get any :-)

Seeking Submissives

Old advert
Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
lokelake
getDare Succubus

How about instead of going right from positive reinforcement to negative reinforcement, just stick with positive reinforcement. Not just to me, but other people as well. I notice that pattern a lot on here.

A couple reasons why I came up with that topic:

1. To add to getdare discussions.
2. This is what I thought. This what I think. Sorry if my brain sucks in comparison to the rest of the getdare community.

Some of you guys can be like my mom's side of the family sometimes: Just always have to give negativity and when you do give positivity, you go into negativity after.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

So you're banning negativity?

How negative. And biased. And not every idea is good. We're all allowed opinions.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #10
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
So you're banning negativity?

How negative. And biased. And not every idea is good. We're all allowed opinions.
You totally missed my point.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #11
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
You totally missed my point.
If I missed it, I don't get it.

'Pologies
Old 07-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #12
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:

If I missed it, I don't get it.

'Pologies
You won't give out negativity to a young child. It would discourage them. It would just be downright rude if a young child said something but then someone else was not giving positive reinforcement for it. You can agree, right?

So, it is not different with people of any age.

My sister reads at church from time to time. She is not bad but still needs some work.

Here is mom (which is exactly like some of you): You need to talk louder. You need to talk just a little slower.

My dad: You did a fine job.

So, there. Negative reinforcement. And positive reinforcement.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #13
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

I think I'm getting you now. So how do we deal with your suggestion/problem? Get rid of the "thanks" idea altogether? That's the only suggestion I could think of and, quite frankly, that's a naff idea.

Oh, and just because a thread doesn't have "thanks"... doesn't mean it's shit. That's reading into things too much. It's a website (I tend to say that a lot).
Old 07-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #14
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
You won't give out negativity to a young child. It would discourage them. It would just be downright rude if a young child said something but then someone else was not giving positive reinforcement for it. You can agree, right?

So, it is not different with people of any age.
Arguably, it is. But any negatives, I believe, should come with constructive criticism.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #15
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
I think I'm getting you now. So how do we deal with your suggestion/problem?
Maybe say how I said yours in your thread. I don;t think me saying or anyone saying "I don't think it will be a good idea" shows any negativity.

And I even said your suggestion is a good idea in theory. See, right there, it still doesn't hurt to right after you give positive reinforcement, you give your opinion about it. Which I did. But I did it in a way where it won't bring you down. You see the difference now?
Closed Thread