Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 03-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
OneMoreTime
getDare Sweetheart

Default Better user experience in chat.

Ive been thinking about what an un-named mod mentioned, and I agree. This site needs something done to give a better user experience. Its not bad how it is now, there are just some aspects that make stuff difficult. I dont use the forums much, But i check the trashcan every now and again for fun, and its clear that some people post the wrong things in the wrong places frequently enough. Im starting to forum more, so maybe i can suggest something for that in the future, for now, its the chat that needs help.

There are only 4 available rooms, and they just dont make sense. one room is in a constant state of "off topic chatter", one is almost literally unused, and the other 2 are generally ghost towns with MAYBE 5 people in them at a time. There NEEDS to be a change of names for the chatrooms, and if possible a change in functionality for the currently named BDSM exchange.

The Lounge has a certain mindset attached to the word itself, a place to simply hang out and kinda do whatever. Nothing about the name makes it sound appropriate for discussion about any particular topic, let alone a BDSM related topic. I imagine talking about the weather, or how a current sports team is doing to a lounge. I dont feel right interrupting someone elses chat about their favorite TV show with "Hey guys, lets talk about why people like putting things in their ass!!!!"

Truth or Dare is better, if you want to play a game of truth or dare, on a website thats more or less built up from that idea, thats where you want to be. This room's problem is that not everyone really wants to play a traditional game of truth or dare. More likely, people just want to receive dares from someone else who wants to give them. It just wouldnt feel right hijacking this room to do so.

The Scene ... is a joke. I've actually only seen it being legitimately used twice. Role play is weird to me so I cant say much, but I just dont see a reason to have this room at all. If someone who enjoys roleplay wants to speak up and justify it staying for the handfull of people that have ever used it, they are welcome to defend the room. I just cant say we need it :/

Then there is the BDSM Exchange which is just fucked nearly beyond repair as a chat room. Nobody agrees on what it is for. Some think its for general talking about BDSM related topics. Some people think it is for spaming advertisements. Some people exchange dares here. some people do their role play here. Some people discuss tasks/punishments and interact with the others here. some people simply join the room because the other rooms are not being used. its just .... broken.

4 chat rooms IS enough to handle everything well, I think it would be an incredible help if they were just more tactfully named to.
a room for talking about whatever could be called General Discussion, its cliche but it makes so much more sense than The Lounge.
a room for exchanging dares, either through a proper TorD game or just people looking to give/receive dares could be called Truth or Dare Exchange.
Instead of The Scene which is never used, why not have a room specifically for discussion about heavier BDSM topics, separate from the "general discussion" room?

There is now a clear place for hanging out and friendly chat about whatever
There is now a clear place to go if you want to focus your chat to something related to your kinks
There is now a clear place devoted to playing games with other members.
All thats left is ad spam.

There can still be a room for that, but god knows that we dont want people to try and have normal conversation there when there are other perfectly good places to talk. Which can be easily avoided with a change in functionality. Give us a room called ... M/s Advertisements maybe? and limit the chat to a form similar to how the advertisements forum works. Give a person 50 characters to say what they are looking for, and when they post it will fill in other details automatically.

I wont say that a change like this will fix everything. but it certainly cant make it worse can it?

just kinda disappointing that the BDSM Exchange ends up causing so many problems for the other rooms.
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to OneMoreTime for this post:
Old 03-09-2014, 02:19 AM   #2
res

Hey there,

I have to say, I could not agree more with you here. I was in the chat once and really had no idea where to go as seemingly only one room was really 'used', while the others were kinda empty.
Still one thing I would do different is the renaming of The Lounge, I like the name and don't feel the need for change here.
Just my two cents.

I am here to have fun and talk to people. I am looking for the thrill of doing stuff I normally would not be able to.

Keeping this in mind: If you simply want to talk about stuff besides Dares/SM/Sex, simply hit up on me via a PM and I am sure I will take my time to answer
res is offline   Reply With Quote