Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 09-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
Dune
getDare Addict

Default person above evaluation

well im not sure how to phrase this or if it has been done before so i thought i would leave it here and let others expand on it possibly

but in alot of the person above threads (such as the loser has to) the loser or winner is expected to reply to the other person so i think it would be an idea to create a section on someones profile with notes or a poll on if they responded to a message and if they did if the dare was good, bad, dull fun and so on ... not sure if it would work so i would like other peoples ideas.

Thanks for reading.

25/male

likes - mild humiliation, chance dares and sleep
limits - social suicide, bodily substances, chastity, pics, anal :P
Dune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
perkygirlie
Prodigy

Send a message via ICQ to perkygirlie Send a message via AIM to perkygirlie Send a message via Yahoo to perkygirlie

You could expand it to deal with doing and reporting on dares throughout the site. However, it would cause the problem of sites like Yelp, eBay or Amazon: fake accounts for boosting or tanking ratings, reciprocal bad ratings if you rate anyone less than perfect. So, good idea but beware.

I generally rely on wall posts and friend lists to get a sense of whether people are respected or not.

Spoiler:
If you're in a denial thread, add 1 day of denial. :rolleyes:
This spoiler only counts once per thread per day.

perkygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Dune
getDare Addict

yeh i agree that there would need to be a little bit more thought put into it which is why i decided to suggest it but also ask for ideas on how to improve it... to stop with the creating a new account to do it just make it so you cant post evaluations until you have been a member for at least a month? and made at least 10 posts or so?

25/male

likes - mild humiliation, chance dares and sleep
limits - social suicide, bodily substances, chastity, pics, anal :P
Dune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
alias
Distinguished Member

Maybe also make it so that nobody can rate a single person more than once, and if your opinion changes based on subsequent dares you can just change that rating rather than post a new one? It would make it harder (though admittedly not impossible) to significantly alter your rating with multiple accounts because there would be no way for a second account to make more than one rating for you. If you wanted to boost your rating dramatically you'd need like 5 or 6 accounts, and hopefully the mods would notice that many registrations suddenly popping up; rating this one guy, then never being heard of again

All credit for my sig pic goes to BondageLisa

AMA
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
perkygirlie
Prodigy

Send a message via ICQ to perkygirlie Send a message via AIM to perkygirlie Send a message via Yahoo to perkygirlie
Star 1 other ways

You could simply post a "rate me" thread with a poll, or else simply post a thread and use the thread rating system. For example, I just rated this thread 4 stars, which indicates my opinion of Dune.

Spoiler:
If you're in a denial thread, add 1 day of denial. :rolleyes:
This spoiler only counts once per thread per day.

perkygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote