Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 03-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #46
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanked View Post
Atheist.

I have less of a problem with the believing in a God than the pseduo-hierarchies and the preaching of hate and fear that usually results e.g homophobia. (Usually, I'm not talking about the parish down the road that gives away free biscuits.)

Though I find atheists who claim there defintely isn't a God to be as a bad as those who claim there defintely is a God. I also think that atheists do not need to go out of the way to offend religious people.
Atheism: The belief that there is NO God.
Agnosticism: The belief that there could be a god, but perhaps there isn't. No one knows, so shut up already.

They call me killer - Killer Wingfield. I carry a tommy gun in a violin case; a simple, honest warehouse worker by day, but by night a dynamic czar of the underworld. I wear a patch over one eye, and a false moustache, and sometimes I put on green whiskers. On... on those occasions, they call me "El Diablo!"
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #47
war990
getDare Sweetheart

I'm Christian, but I don't go to Church because I feel that they make their own rules and I don't believe in what Church's say.
I believe in Evolution though, I just think that it didn't happen on its own. I think some other being helped evolve everything.

Limits: No poo, family, friends, extreme pain, cross dressing.

Likes: Light public, discrete friends, light pain, underwear control.

Maybes: Major public, more noticeable friends stuff, mild pain.

Items I own: Jockstrap (with and without cups), speedos, briefs, compression shorts, compression shirt, compression pants, cycling gear, wrestling singlet, butt plugs, dildos, chastity.
war990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #48
emo boy
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to emo boy

i belive in myself, everything happens for a reason, im the reason everything happens.
that is how i view my life and i might be wrong maybe its a terrible tragedy.
but i have seen too many failures and screw ups who trusted God and fell back. i took a shortcut and hit bottom before i rose..

I AM
x

As a result of a post in the signature thread, a post which I expanded on, I must now accept any dares, regardless of them crossing my limits.

doing webcam dares most nights if intrested PM me

I am a Captured Enemy of the getDare Castle 2.0
emo boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #49
Spanked

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsayaman View Post
Atheism: The belief that there is NO God.
Agnosticism: The belief that there could be a god, but perhaps there isn't. No one knows, so shut up already.
Yes, yes, but I feel "Atheist" is a better label for me. I think the possibility of a "God" existing is infintely small. If we get into an arguement about semantics, I'll love you forever.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #50
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Yes, yes, but I feel "Atheist" is a better label for me. I think the possibility of a "God" existing is infintely small. If we get into an arguement about semantics, I'll love you forever.
Still, to be pedantic about it, you're technically agnostic, because you don't refute the possibility of a god entirely. :P

To do so would be moronic, as it can't be proven. To believe in what can't be proven, is stupid. :P

They call me killer - Killer Wingfield. I carry a tommy gun in a violin case; a simple, honest warehouse worker by day, but by night a dynamic czar of the underworld. I wear a patch over one eye, and a false moustache, and sometimes I put on green whiskers. On... on those occasions, they call me "El Diablo!"
Old 03-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #51
Spanked

Quote:
Still, to be pedantic about it, you're technically agnostic, because you don't refute the possibility of a god entirely. :P

To do so would be moronic, as it can't be proven. To believe in what can't be proven, is stupid. :P
Of course. I stand by my decision <3
Old 03-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #52
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Of course. I stand by my decision <3
Haha. Fair enough! XD

Old 03-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #53
Spanked

Although slightly off-topic, I do think that atheism has an image problem. People who represent atheism, like Richard Dawkins are excellent scientists but don't have a clue how to mitigate.

Last edited by Spanked; 03-15-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Spanked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #54
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:

So you can't be atheist because there's no 100% definite proof that God is or isn't real? So, by that logic, you can't be Christian either because there's no definite proof if God exists or not. You're saying it's stupid to believe in something which cannot be proven, so surely your logic there works both ways. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #55
fitzy
getDare Sweetheart

what do you call the belief that you dont not believe in god and dont not believe he doesn't exist whatever its called i am that after reading this again dose it make sense???

i have been a very naughty boy and deservie to be punished
fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #56
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy View Post
what do you call the belief that you dont not believe in god and dont not believe he doesn't exist whatever its called i am that after reading this again dose it make sense???

Quote:
There we go
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #57
fitzy
getDare Sweetheart

thanks marvin really should have read the thread but im lazy lol also could have googled but same reason lol

i have been a very naughty boy and deservie to be punished
fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #58
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:

To believe in what can't be proven, is stupid. :P
I thought you respect other people's beliefs? So, how is that respecting someone who believes in a god?
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #59
openinvizion

Location: I live in my house, in a small country with other countries nearby
Send a message via Yahoo to openinvizion

I am a buddhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam7178 View Post
atheism for me... its hard for me being a science major to believe otherwise
And on the subject of science.. this could be argued by both religious people, and scientists. If a god, or superior being created this world, he/she/it must have been able to use SCIENCE to control or aid in the creation of life. If you believe that it was an explosion that created this world, or some other chemical reaction, then so be it. But if you expect people to believe about far out planets and stars, yet have no solid evidence, you are being contradictory. You are saying that as the "Superior Being" cannot be seen, it cannot exist, but in that theory, because we cannot see Saturn or Mars with our bare eyes from earth, does that mean they dont exist.

There are people who combine Science and Religion, one famous to me is:
Deepak Chopra, M.D. He has written many books about buddhism, and is a scientist.

My point is.. Why the war between Science and Faith, as many Scientists will have "faith" in their workings when 2 SRB's(each weighing 1,100,000 lb (500,000 kg).) and a STS(weighing 4,470,000 lb (2,030 t)) takes off from this earth, leaves the atmosphere, and has enough force to re-enter.

Last edited by openinvizion; 03-15-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Double word
openinvizion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #60
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
I thought you respect other people's beliefs? So, how is that respecting someone who believes in a god?
I respect your beliefs, I just don't see the logic in them. =)

And as for the science dude... it's hard for me to believe, as a 17 year old, that you've a major in science with an outlook like that.

If God created everything, he created Science. Simple as pie.

Science is the knowledge of how things work. Maths, Physics, Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, etc.
God, if he exists, would have created that knowledge.

So we're back to square one.

Advertisements
Kink Talk