Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 09-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
Smile Guy
getDare Sweetheart

Default A Popularity Update!!!!

The Truth or Dare Stories section is a success.

Type in "Truth or Dare Stories" into Google and it is literally top of the list. I'd just like to take this oppurtunity to congratulate all authors and readers who make sure this part of getDare is such a success. It couldn't be done without you so keep it up!
Smile Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #2
xxxMichellexxx
Distinguished Member

im not really surprised actually, this site is on the top 5 on google and the story section is arguably the most popular section of the site, especially for guests it seems. Anyway congrats to everyone as well
xxxMichellexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

One thing I have noticed though is that the majority of the stories actually have very little to do with truth or dare, more just general kinky erotica. The sort of "My sister's best friend caught me (insert compromising situation here), and now I'm her slave forever". The day's of Rob's truth or dare story, or the Interactive Truth or Dare story by Marc and Shawn, are long gone.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
Marc
Warning: Contains Nuts

Hampers, is that a challenge?!

Although I agree, the majority of stories are not TorD based - which is a shame because you can get quite a bit into a TorD story and, frankly, I get bored with the stories that have a main character who is a slave in increasingly difficult circumstances.

Some of the "non-fiction" ones are better - although I'm not convinced that "non-fiction" is the right description in all cases .... it may be to start with, but when readers say 'great story, is there more' and the writer says 'yes, here is more', then I do wonder! I don't have a problem with a non-fiction incident being used as the basis of a story (I've done it myself).

Warning: May contain nuts.

Likes: CFNM, WaM, Zentai, nudity, Cuffed, life model, body painting model, live TorD, being a naked chauffeur, to be continued....
Limits: No family, no work, no illegal, nothing beyond end of session, social suicide, swapping likes for dislikes, account control, to be continued...
Dislikes: Anal, blood, scat, to be continued...
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=150827
KIK: CFNM_Woody (mention getDare)

Vote on my current poll, please
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:56 AM   #5
Hampers
Kiss Kiss FIRE!

Yes, it is a challenge! We should write a story together set a Truth or Dare party. Oh, wait... we are...
Old 10-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #6
Slave_needs_master

heh im still a newb here and havent been around that long, but I cant help but agree. I'm not saying the stories are particularly bad. In fact most are written quite well. Its just that theres little originality. Most of the stories are more like fantasies than actual plots, ya know? Fantasies are fun, and more often than not they've gotten me a little frisky. But i dunno i just feel like theres very few actual stories going on right now.
Slave_needs_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
BeX25

Hiya,
I hope that you feel I have gone someway to correcting this issue. I try to ensure my sories have plots and always have some aspects of truth or dare involved. There are many other fine writers to be found on this amazing site.
I hope since the previous post you feel things are better

BeX
BeX25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
johnsalach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampers View Post
One thing I have noticed though is that the majority of the stories actually have very little to do with truth or dare, more just general kinky erotica. The sort of "My sister's best friend caught me (insert compromising situation here), and now I'm her slave forever". The day's of Rob's truth or dare story, or the Interactive Truth or Dare story by Marc and Shawn, are long gone.
Yes. I prefer the dares to the truth so I like to write a D Story rather than a TorD story!

Having said that - the site is "Get Dare" ;-)
Old 03-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
sweetashoney

I am writing about my experiences over the last couple of years and although they may seem far fetched they are basically truth Dare/Challenge stories. I admit that I may have stretched the truth a little but in my mind that is how the scenes went. Anyways I am glad that people are reading our stories and making the site popular.
sweetashoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk