Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

View Poll Results: Who would be interested in a verification system?
I think this could be a good idea 22 37.93%
I don't mind/not interested 16 27.59%
I'm against it (state why) 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 06:04 PM   #46
perkygirlie
Prodigy

Send a message via ICQ to perkygirlie Send a message via AIM to perkygirlie Send a message via Yahoo to perkygirlie
Default Have sex with a Moderator

It's the simplest way to get verified. It's also fun. Then a Mod can be like "yup. that's my ex. Want to date them? Feel free to send them a messag....ohwait, BAN." See? Simple. You can rest assured that a person you can't contact really is who they say they are.

Another angle, guys: why wait to find out, and why not verify yourself first? Always include a pic of your cock in your first message to someone. It lets them know you're a male, and scores huge points with the ladies.

Spoiler:
If you're in a denial thread, add 3 days of denial. :sado:
This spoiler only counts once per thread per day.

Old 06-16-2015, 06:36 PM   #47
alias
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perkygirlie View Post
Another angle, guys: why wait to find out, and why not verify yourself first? Always include a pic of your cock in your first message to someone. It lets them know you're a male, and scores huge points with the ladies.
I can't show the goods in the first message, they'll fall massively in love with me and I won't be able to run away if I decide I don't like them. Pros wait til the second message to show your dick

All credit for my sig pic goes to BondageLisa

AMA
Old 06-16-2015, 06:40 PM   #48
lta9613
Distinguished Member

Personally, I would have no problem verifying my gender. Again, that's my personal choice.

The issue I would see is that any way to actually prove it would against the TOS of the site with nudity.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #49
qwerty12323

Hey, so this is my view on this, 90% of the guys are ok with this because there horny guys and would show-off to anyone, 90% of the girls are not because it my body i get to choose who i show it to and dont take my right away. (Sorry if im wrong not trying to piss people off)

So here my big problem with this is that anyone with basic photoshop skills could fake a photo. Secondly anyone who is verified will now think that the other person will share photos because of the verification set up.

If you are a sub to a master get to know the person first and you should be able to work out if they are real or not also they problaly want to see you naked so at the start dont sent nude or face pics.

Lastly, if you just have a forum post with a list of fake people then you can look through that and hopefully it will reduce the nude of fakes.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #50
minimarshmellow
Distinguished Member

Thumbs down

I am against this for many reasons. Most of which have already been stated.

If you want to verify the person you are playing with, YOU do it. Don't try making more work for the mods, they already have too much to do. Also, why trust you. Who are you? I been on this site for years and have no clue who you are.

As a female, I am much happier with people thinking I am male. Being female comes with, "dare me plz", "plz b my miss", "kneel slave", "send me tits", "I going to fuck you slut", etc.

I also look like I am 14. So I could potentially be marked as 14 because that is how I appear. Looks can be decieving.

If people don't want to believe me when I say I am female and 22, they don't have to. My Daddy and my friends know it, so why should I care that some random doesn't.

tldr:
If you want to verify, do it yourself. There is no need to make more work for the admins/mods. Stop being butthurt because you fell for lies.

Married. Asexual. Certified Professional Hypnotist. Wholesomely Evil.
Neurodivergent. Official Snack Professional.

Ask me all of your hypnosis questions HERE!
Old 06-16-2015, 07:43 PM   #51
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Post

How did Lola prove she is who she says she is just by making her album public? I could have sent her those pictures. (She is, and I didn't but hopefully you'll get the point...it's the internet. Anything can happen.)
I was going to type up a long thoughtful response to your reply, but it just doesn't seem worth it..so I'm going to quote Frosty here. Just because I put photos in my album [which normally aren't public] doesn't mean that I couldn't have used stolen photos. Even with your proposed standards of verification, there are plenty of loopholes around finding out if someone is who they say they are. Even if a person who claims they are a woman, is verified that she does in fact have lady parts, it doesn't mean that she does the things she say she does. She could have tits and still lie through her teeth about all the tasks she says she does. She could send you a picture of her beautiful clothed body with evidence the photo was taken in real time just for you..and still have a penis. She could look 25 & act like it, but still be underage. Unless you're doing a full body inspection along with a background check and several personal references, it's a cinch to be deceived even with "verification".

There's a litany of other arguments I could make about how I don't believe this would work, but if you really believe it to such a great idea then put it to action. That's the only way to prove your idea is doable. The mods won't do it, so it's up to you to come up with your system, round up participants, safely store their proof, and so on. I just don't think it's going to pan out the way you envision it to.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 PM   #52
Shadowice
getDare Addict

To be honest its all part of the risk. You should just spend time getting to know someone then before things get serious ask them to record you a quick audio saying some random words, or write something on a piece of paper for you. I for one always tell a sub this up front whenever I have had my ads open looking for a submissive that proof of some sort will be required before we can officially start. But like I said before I take time to know them talk and make sure it has the potential to be a good match up. After that I never ask for pictures/recordings etc that's all up to them if they want to do it great if not that's okay too.

I do agree with the others it sounds like you have been burnt 1 to many times, and this is just going to create more problems for the females then it solves for the males. There's already way more males on the site then females to begin with and if they have to get verified many would just disappear rather then going through the hassle of verifying then everyone on the site harassing them because they are a known female. Guys don't see the kind of unwanted attention and pms girls get on a day to day basis.

Also just remember its hard to get to know someone if your guard is always up because you are expecting them to be a fake.

Curious to know about me? Visit my AMA
Ladies if you are feeling brave please try my Hell Tease
I love detailed reports
Old 06-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #53
gentlemaster

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your answers, it seems like this is really a half/half situation (regarding the poll vote) but I heard you.

For all the people saying why I, should verify, well I hope you don't really expect a concrete answer because this is a kind of childish question (I don't mean that in a bad way) but why should you trust any of the mods here then?

But I understand it, and well I volunteered but honestly it could just be anyone trustful and I don't mind if it's not me, it would even be better (no work me)
You all seem to refer about female slave but I still think a lesbian female slave would be happier to know if "her mistress" is really a mistress, again, I did nit think in my personal interest, I did it for you guys, it is just an idea and a lot of you project themselves too far because you all seem really scared about this system. You all seem to talk about the peer pressure like everybody would get verified but you, when I think only a very few would be which means there would be no pressure on the others.

Of course they will always be ways to corrupt the system like everywhere else but this could at least preclude some of the wannabe fakes. (a kid wouldn't photoshop etc)

Lola.fox when I wrote about you I had this idea in mind but didn't want to play the paranoid guy again my point was if you can put pictures of you in a public album you could do it privately to get verified but yes, who tell me you didn't stole those pictures? Maybe that's why you're against the verification system (kidding but you get my point) and maybe the 15 people who voted against it are indeed, fakes (again kidding but you get my point)

I don't mean this system to be a requirement, I don't know how many people there is on the site at the moment? (maybe someone could tell me) but I doubt there would even be more than 5% doing the verification thing, that's why I'm not afraid there would be peer pressure, I don't think there will ever be.

I will wait a bit more to see the results, for now noone can really take decisions
Old 06-17-2015, 01:19 AM   #54
eivins
getDare Sweetheart

Scissors

I voted against this. Frankly? The best way to get gender verification is to get to know the person. Can it be a waste of time? I actually don't think so. Even if they turn out to be fake, you can learn something from the experience. You can also choose to ask a person to verify. But for you- not for the public. I verified with the my Dom via voice. That's actually a pretty good option. I understand that voice could be faked (DrW's friend jokes that I use a voice simulator). However, that was nearly a year ago.
And now we're more than D/s. And we send pictures and cam and waste days talking to each other. We send packages and gifts. My family knows about him and his family knows about me.

A guy who is pretending to be a girl is going to fuck it all up eventually. You can tell a lot about a person from the way they communicate. I make friends and share things with them because I trust them. I
don't trust you. I don't necessarily trust the mods (although they all seem quite decent). If something like this was implemented? You'd get plenty of men verifying but probably not that many females. Because we don't like having to prove ourselves to strangers.

Lola, can I verify myself to you in person?
Old 06-17-2015, 01:25 AM   #55
muddz
getDare Sweetheart

What annoys me a bit is that you (probably unintentionally) sweep criticism under the carpet while saying you listen to it (why should I verify... childish question), using your lesbian example as if a female slave has less 'right to know' the gender of their conversation partner, you sweep the counter argument of peer pressure away by saying only a few need to get verified.

These things are simply not true, first of all, the 'why should I' is the real right of privacy while ' the right to know the gender of your conversation partner' isn't. This is not a dating site setup to find your (life) partner, like it or not but on most places on the internet, the right for privacy weighs more than knowing who you are replying to (this goes for comment sections on news sites, maybe you are replying to someone who is criticizing Russia but is really working for the propaganda team of that country) Right of privacy before mandatory Identification.

The way you sweep away the peer pressure argument is baffling to me, what do you think it would mean for a casual female visitor of GD if even 10% of the females voluntary proved their gender and/or age? Do you really think everyone would just go 'oh, no problem you didn't verify, you are probably female anyway. The argument will just slide, instead of 'could you send some pics, else I doubt you are female' will become 'could you just verify, else I doubt you are female'. Just stating this won't be a problem is not a defence.
Lastly, your two ' kidding but you get my point' remarks really fall flat. It seems you don't get the point at all and moreover, don't respect the others opinion.

Ill end with again telling why 'not a requirement' is not a good argument. Making something in essence voluntary but in reality mandatory is replacing a choice with an implied social and moral call: Maybe your municipality does not state you have to place your garbage outside on a given day, but if you just put it outside whenever you want, people will think you are a douche bag.

I would wager that even if almost no one uses the system at first, people will get pressured to use it because suddenly it is their responsibility to show their genitals, instead of their right not to.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:04 AM   #56
gentlemaster

I did my lesbian example because I wanted to say a female slave "has as many right to know as any other" so maybe you didn't get it right or I didn't explained it well.

And of course i'm trying to counter argue against something I do not agree with, this is the essence of the debate.. But still for what I agree with I said that I agreed or didn't counter argue so yes i'm listening.

And please, you can't put in bold "it is their responsibility to show their genitals, instead of their right not to" for me that is really overreacting.

First, nobody talked about showing genitals please do not do false propaganda and mislead people that haven't read all the thread..

Secondly again, this is still just an idea of a list of verified people and you already are projecting months or years later like everybody will be pressured to do so when you don't even know.

Finally, with my "kidding but you get the point" i'm a bit annoyed because I actually kind of quoted what lola said about herself. So I think this is really easy to stay "oh look, you're disrespecting the others" trying to claim loud and clear that I am the big bad wolf when really I'm not disrespecting anybody, so again I feel this is just like a kind of bad propaganda against my person. It was a matter of example which was totally logical so I don't know why I would be disrespecting anyone's opinion by saying that
Old 06-17-2015, 02:52 AM   #57
OllyS

How would this work?

Someone comes to you and asks to be verified - what next exactly? Skype/pictures? You're not asking for definitive proof of sex - educated guess? Proof of age - very difficult to tell some 15s from some 19s just by looking...no one would show age id?

What happens if you go away for a week, does it stop? Is there a team? Who verifys the verifiers?

One thing that bothers me is that this boils down really to just asking girls to prove they are girls, no male will need verifying as there is little incentive to lie about being male.

- edging/orgasm/clothing/exercise control, games, chastity
- anal, spanking, cbt, semi public
- cum eating, ruined orgasms
- public, face pics, blood, scat, illegal, underage

PM Dares
Old 06-17-2015, 03:00 AM   #58
gentlemaster

Just like two/three picture with your username, date, and "getdare" written on a piece of paper in front or next to your body.

I know there is risks but it can't be worse than it already is. I think most of the time you can see if someone is under 18 even if you can't tell the difference between 17 and 18 for sure, but I mean, can you tell for anyone at the moment? Everybody saying I'm 18 you can't know so that can't be worse than that, I hope i'm clear enough.

I don't know yet about a team or anything because this is still just an idea.. Should be someone everybody can put trust in, not especially me (as I came up with the idea I volunteered doesn't mean it has to be me!) hope this si clear for everybody.

And I think probably a lot more of male would actually be willing to do it so.. It isn't targeted for the females but just for anyone really
when let's say someone is looking for a 40+ Master, i can tell the difference if this person is 18 or 50 so that person could be verified and for the person looking she would be certain this is really a 40+ master

I know this can be done by talking etc etc but it's just a huge amount of time gained. I know this is not a date site but when someone post like "looking for a 22-25 master" this is really specific so it works a bit the same

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-17-2015 at 03:05 AM.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:01 AM   #59
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

How about we start getting the fakes banned from the site? How about you don't just try and respond in dares and tasks? I've had a few fakers tell me "wow you are pretty searous about this, i don't want to waste your time"

I don't give dares/tasks and want to know about them first.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:07 AM   #60
gentlemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPain View Post
How about we start getting the fakes banned from the site? How about you don't just try and respond in dares and tasks? I've had a few fakers tell me "wow you are pretty searous about this, i don't want to waste your time"

I don't give dares/tasks and want to know about them first.
I'm really sorry I didn't understand could you explain it to me in another way?

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-17-2015 at 03:14 AM. Reason: grammar
Closed Thread

Tags
fake, fakes, flair, real, verification