Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Kink and Education > Humiliation and Degradation Den

Old 05-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
nina@
getDare Succubus

Sign Submissive Positions and Objectification

Submissive or slave positions are an effective way of putting someone in a submissive mindset or even subspace and can be used in various aspects of a D/s dynamic like inspection, training, 'parking' the sub, implementing protocols or even punishment.

Objectification when simply put is treating someone as an object (like a piece of furniture, footstool, coffee table etc) or removal of certain qualities (like free movement, speech, opinions) that are associated to being a free adult human.

In BDSM, both position training and objectification when practised in a committed D/s can evoke intense feelings of submission and ownership. They can be a powerful tool of humiliation and even degradation by stripping the sub of their right to free will and reducing them to a possession, property or mere object of desire put on display for their Dom(me). Contradictingly they can also induce the empowered feeling of belonging to someone.

This can sometimes be an intense form of play leading to Dom/sub drop and should be followed by appropriate aftercare. Just like exploring any other kind of humiliation or degradation, it is crucial to gain knowledge and understanding of the sub (and what makes them tick), and keep in mind their physical constraints and mental well being while designing tasks and rules.

Please enlighten us by sharing your views, experiences and any other relevant information on submissive positions and objectification kinks in this thread including things like :

Submissive Positions
* Which submissive positions appeal to you and why? Which ones do you find to be the most utilitarian?
* What are some ways in which you incorporate submissive positions in your D/s dynamic? (everyday, casual play, combined with other kinks etc)
* Have you ever given or received position training? If yes, please share your experience.
* Is position training relevant or just boring protocol? How frequently should it be given, if at all?

Objectification
* Have you ever endured objectification in the context of kinks? What was your experience?
* What are the different types of objectification play that you are familiar with?
* Any ideas that you want to share about objectification tasks you have given out or have in mind? Any specific safety tips or other things to be considered?

* What precautions do you generally take while ordering submissive positions or objectification tasks or carrying them out? (like physical and endurance capabilities, duration of the task, mental state of the sub)
* Do these tasks induce any intense feelings or emotions in you? What kind? Does it depend on who is receiving/giving them or any other conditions?
* What kind of aftercare do you need to give/receive after these tasks to return to the normal state of mind?
* Are you comfortable in giving/receiving dares based on these kinks outside of a committed D/s or is a Dominant or submissive mindset a prerequisite?

Last edited by nina@; 05-31-2018 at 04:43 PM.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to nina@ for this post:
Old 06-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
nina@
getDare Succubus

My answers for the following

Submissive Positions
* Which submissive positions appeal to you and why? Which ones do you find to be the most utilitarian?

The position kneel appeals to my submissive side but I can't keep it for more than 10 minutes without hurting my knees. I also like standing position with hands behind back/head and legs spread. This is a very good display position, makes me feel submissive and humbled. It is also a good utilitarian position as it leaves one vulnerable with boobs and pussy exposed for torments etc.

* What are some ways in which you incorporate submissive positions in your D/s dynamic? (everyday, casual play, combined with other kinks etc)

I am currently not in any dynamic but will share my prior experience

When I was subbing for someone, I was introduced to these positions and my dominant seeing how much I liked it designed something called "submissive contemplation time" where I would assume a subby position with a tit torment for 10-30 minutes regularly and the duration and torment varied based on how I fared in other control areas within the dynamic. I really loved it as it put me in subby zone.

As a Domme, I used the concept of contemplation time with the sub but modified based on my purpose and their suitability and made my sub do half an hour of submissive contemplation time once a week, the position/torment and restriction details of which were given weekly.

I find this system to be very effective in an online long distance format as it has several advantages
1) gives opportunity to a sub to reflect on submission and developments in the D/s during the week
2) enables exploring favourite torments weekly (sometimes we like simple dares eg. pegs on nipples which we feel the urge to do weekly and sometimes it is more enjoyable to do a simple repetitive dare than a creative variant)
3) instantly puts the sub in subby state and enhances submission
4) reminds them of their submission and helps keep in touch with their subby side in weeks of sporadic contact due to irl

* Have you ever given or received position training? If yes, please share your experience.

never given or received position training in its pure sense but in some modified ways which have been already discussed above

* Is position training relevant or just boring protocol? How frequently should it be given, if at all?

I feel it depends on the dynamic. I do not know if it is even practical to be implemented in a 24x7 dynamic, however it definitely works fine in an online dynamic when implemented periodically (not everyday, neither very occasionally)

Objectification
* Have you ever endured objectification in the context of kinks? What was your experience?

Currently I cannot recall any memorable objectification task that I have done to have a lasting impact.. might have done smaller dares involving some elements though

* What are the different types of objectification play that you are familiar with?

I feel any play that devoids us of our human qualities is objectification. So in my view, petplay, bimbofication (thought of as a mere object of lust), forniphilia (human furniture) are all types of objectification play.

* Any ideas that you want to share about objectification tasks you have given out or have in mind? Any specific safety tips or other things to be considered?

I haven't given any full fledged objectification tasks in D/s. Yes sometimes in forum games I might have given smaller tasks with relevant precautions. I have definitely read blog entries of reports of some very intense objectification tasks done by other gD members. Reading those made me feel these elaborate tasks do involve carefully considering a lot of aspects related to safety etc

Both
* What precautions do you generally take while ordering submissive positions or objectification tasks or carrying them out? (like physical and endurance capabilities, duration of the task, mental state of the sub)

As a sub myself, all I would do is be completely honest if I am unable to hold positions for longer or facing any other issues in doing the task and trust their judgement.

As domme I would consider all of the ones mentioned above like endurance, flexibility, duration, mental state do design the task suitably for the sub. Many of these positions like kneeling and standing with hands behind head sound easy but are difficult for many to hold for longer durations of time.

* Do these tasks induce any intense feelings or emotions in you? What kind? Does it depend on who is receiving/giving them or any other conditions?

In a D/s, both giving and receiving such tasks make me feel dominant and in charge/humbled and owned as a sub respectively. It enhances bonding. Outside D/s if I give, they are generally a lighter variant that are just like giving a random dare for me without inducing any strong feelings

* What kind of aftercare do you need to give/receive after these tasks to return to the normal state of mind?

I feel some communication after the task like sharing the task experience enhances the overall experience, followed by some lighter talk to make sure they are fine.

* Are you comfortable in giving/receiving dares based on these kinks outside of a committed D/s or is a Dominant or submissive mindset a prerequisite?

No, I generally can't do subby positions randomly for someone outside D/s. While giving dares I can give some variants just as creative dares outside the D/s but then I do not have a dominant mindset with the dare receiver like I would have with someone subbing for me in a D/s.

Just to add, the underlying idea behind my thread Nina's Easter Egg Challenge was to spread awareness about this kink in gD!

Last edited by nina@; 07-01-2018 at 03:52 PM.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to nina@ for this post:
Old 06-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #3
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

Submissive Positions
My favorite is on the back, each wrist bound to the same-side ankle. I like it because you can be moved around pretty easily for different purposes, but when you are left alone, your legs kinda naturally open up and it feels very vulnerable despite how little you are bound.

I generally don't. Most of my kinky relationships have been purely sexual. I love being submissive during playtime, but I'm not comfortable with a D/s dynamic outside of it.

No

Objectification
A little bit. Nothing beyond short term being used as a footrest or table in a teasing way. I think I would find it kinda hokey beyond that.

I like it in a erotica/fantasy sense, but I don't think going deep in it is for me irl.

Nothing beyond extensive conversations both before and after. Though I have never been in a dominant position for an extended time so I've never doled anything out that has had big physical risks, so emotional check ins were the only big concern.

It is thrilling. It unlocks me. It's the same feeling whoever is giving it, but I am quicker to open up the more I know the person.

Like I said, I'm not comfortable with D/s dynamics extending past playtime, so I need to feel humanized. If it is someone I really know I don't need to be reassured. But if I haven't built real trust with that person yet I will need the aftercare. When I am the dominant in the scene, I need to give a lot of aftercare whether they need it or not. I am not a natural at it and I am always super worried about people's well being so I need to triple check that I am not doing harm.

Yes, it is almost better.

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to amethyst353 for this post:
Old 06-30-2018, 07:24 AM   #4
sir sam
Distinguished Member

Objectivication and just “waiting” are a very essential part the play I have with my pet. It’s fun to answer your questions! All answered as a dom. I’m never subbing.

Submissive Positions
I like my pet to sit on her knees , tits forward, hands on the back. Simply because I like tits.
I also like to give her cornertime. Or betterly phrases, wall-time. Just standing with nose pressed to wall.
The position I like most however is “nose on ground, hands on ground before, ass up”. Getting her in this position gives the best feeling of power. It is just very nice to just look down on her.

When she gets bratty I put her with nose down. It always helps.
If she gets really bratty I put her with nose to the wall. Very often I get her with her nose to the wall for about 20minutes after an intense session for a cool down. Nose to wall also gets used as punishment. If she really fucks up she gets nose to wall, pants down for an hour. She hates that.

No. Positions are easy in my opinion. They do not need training. They need to happen if there is a reason.

She does not get it as training, but she gets it frequently as control. It varies, but I think my pet has some form of position excersize for 1 to 2hours weekly.

Objectification
Not endured but definitely given.
Yes, it’s a favorite.
It is a bit tricky to design, on the one hand a complicated somewhat painful position (like with clamped nipples) is extremely arrousing. On the other hand a too complicated position cannot be hold for long time. Finding the compromise is tricky. Objectification I would see as a position being hold for an hour or more. It should not be felt as a punishment but as a complete uselessness. Or better, as an extreme minimal use.

My pet has been a chandelier having candles on her tits, she has been a note holder, having notes clipped to her nipples, she has been an alarm clock making a waking sound when it was time. Also many other things.

Safety is always a concern. Never get things too tight. Always have scissors or knive available for emergency. Think well about whether it “can be done”. When in doubt, choose to make it lighter, there is always a next opportunity. I also take notes in a logbook about “what we did” and “how it went”. Such is a good reference for designing next tasks.

Physical: just think it over well.
Mental: always talk before going for it. Get a feeling of her mental condition and make a conscious choice on whether she is ok or not before starting.
Finally: I make sure not to drink or be on drugs when we play.
I also design tasks in advance and set times in advance. This prevents me from getting “taken away with the scene “.

Oh yes. It is just nice to have her suffer. The biggest sensation is that I know she is fully submitting herself. Being a receiver of submission is just great.

Make sure she gets comfortable. Talk. Talk for at least an hour, probably two.

We have a committed “24/7” alike situation. “Alike” because we don’t play 24/7. We did that for about a year but it became too intensive to me (yes me, the dom, not my pet). We scaled that down but my pet still has a few rules and it is clear that at any time I can just “command her into something”. On the one hand she maybe hates that a little but on the other hand she falls in instant subspace if she gets a clearly dominant command.

Proud owner of sweet little pet

Want to read? my pets 2016-awarded story

Last edited by sir sam; 06-30-2018 at 07:28 AM.
sir sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to sir sam for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk