Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #16
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone View Post
I don’t find that strict legalism is a good thing myself; people need some room to move and express themselves naturally or tension builds up.

It’s all about getting a correct balance but as different people have different temperaments that can be difficult. Being courteous and respectful goes a long way. Bans will be necessary as some people will never learn, and will continue to be abusive or violate the principles and intent of the community.
Didn’t the Apostle Paul say some where in the NT “I show you a more excellent way?” Isn’t it the Christian thing to do, to find that more excellent way?
But, it was still in the rules, so it was legit.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
Mephistopheles
and amen I say unto you

idle notes from Mr. Here A Long Time But Rarely Posts:

axiom: flaming is bad.

axiom: flaming is unavoidable in a community as large as getdare.

axiom: getdare staff is/are (grammatical usage preference on that one varies by region) not large enough to catch all instances of flaming.

THEREFORE: there will always be some flaming that goes unnoticed.

Things you can do to help this situation, users? Report. Report and report and report.

another thing?

Severe flaming is almost always mutual, and often results from a dysfunctional relationship between two users who both have a history of flaming/provoking the other. Responding to a flame in kind or doing something to somebody which you know will result in yet another flamefest is just as bad, mmkay kids?

(also it is p. easy to tell the difference between mild teasing and real flaming. the issue is rarely "so and so made a joke and Mr. Z took it as a flame and now everybody is too upset to resolve anything". That almost never happens. What does happen, far more often, is "Ms. Y is gonna be an asshole to Mr. Z because of ABC and then at a future date Mr. Z is going to reciprocate in kind and then Ms. Y is going to act very innocent and put upon and UNJUSTLY DOWNTRODDEN BY THE MAN and etc".)
Old 09-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #18
Pingu
Be afraid

Reeeeeeeet. I have some time for a proper reply. Here are a few reasons why are some reports are "ignored". I use the word "ignored" very loosely because I don't think that's the correct word.

- If you insult someone and then they insult you back or provoke them to say something then generally, a warning will be sent to said person but action won't be taken.

- Some reports we get are incredibly silly. If someone you don't like says "Hello" to you out of general courtesy then it's not an insult.

- Some reports we get are subjective. i.e The person that gets "insulted" might find it incredibly offensive but most people who aren't biased wouldn't find it offensive. These reports are generally done by the mod who is online at the time.

- Some "insults" are borderline and usually get discussed in the mod forums about whether any action should be taken. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. A very recent report I thought should have been actioned but other mods thought not so it wasn't done.

- Some reports are dealt with but not done publicly so are conducted via PM either in chat or via the site PM system.

Hope that answers some questions.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
Reeeeeeeet. I have some time for a proper reply. Here are a few reasons why are some reports are "ignored". I use the word "ignored" very loosely because I don't think that's the correct word.

- If you insult someone and then they insult you back or provoke them to say something then generally, a warning will be sent to said person but action won't be taken.

- Some reports we get are incredibly silly. If someone you don't like says "Hello" to you out of general courtesy then it's not an insult.

- Some reports we get are subjective. i.e The person that gets "insulted" might find it incredibly offensive but most people who aren't biased wouldn't find it offensive. These reports are generally done by the mod who is online at the time.

- Some "insults" are borderline and usually get discussed in the mod forums about whether any action should be taken. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. A very recent report I thought should have been actioned but other mods thought not so it wasn't done.

- Some reports are dealt with but not done publicly so are conducted via PM either in chat or via the site PM system.

Hope that answers some questions.
That helped Pingu, thanks
Old 09-23-2009, 04:09 PM   #20
theone
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
But, it was still in the rules, so it was legit.
I’m not really sure what your point is or what you are referring to but in general most rules need to be interpreted and the Mod’s do that. You may have missed my point because I wasn’t necessarily referring to rigid rules but rather to attitudes and temperaments.

Last edited by theone; 09-23-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 AM   #21
fork
Account Banned

Well maybe, since many users feel that their reports are ignored, they should be informed of the outcome of their report whether or not action was taken.. For example, a user reports an incident and they get a PM from a mod saying "I have received your report on 9/24/09 and discussed it with the mods and we together have decided that no action is necessary." or "I have received your report ... and that user has received a private warning/infraction/3 day ban/7 day ban/etc etc etc."

In the case of the first one, where no action was taken, the user should also be informed that if they decide to take the law into their own hands, they would face being banned or warned or something of the sort as well so it's best to just leave it to the mods decision.

I know most mods on this site would not want to do this as it takes too much time out of their precious days so I'd suggest "hiring" a bigger/better staff. A staff that cares enough about this that they would actually follow through with it.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:32 AM   #22
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fork View Post
Well maybe, since many users feel that their reports are ignored, they should be informed of the outcome of their report whether or not action was taken.. For example, a user reports an incident and they get a PM from a mod saying "I have received your report on 9/24/09 and discussed it with the mods and we together have decided that no action is necessary." or "I have received your report ... and that user has received a private warning/infraction/3 day ban/7 day ban/etc etc etc."
I actually think that this is a really good idea

Quote:
I know most mods on this site would not want to do this as it takes too much time out of their precious days so I'd suggest "hiring" a bigger/better staff. A staff that cares enough about this that they would actually follow through with it.
This reminds me of something. Sometimes in chat, the mods are signed in but they're not at the computer... What's the point in being there if you're AFK? If you've got something else to do, why bother logging in here in the first place?

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
Old 09-24-2009, 06:06 AM   #23
fork
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollaredBlondie View Post
This reminds me of something. Sometimes in chat, the mods are signed in but they're not at the computer... What's the point in being there if you're AFK? If you've got something else to do, why bother logging in here in the first place?
That's exactly how I feel.. Even though this isn't a paying job, the mods should have some kind of hours (very flexible obviously) that they should be on the site and ON DUTY not just sitting around idle until they feel like being active. If there isn't a mod available for a certain time slot, a new mod should be "hired" to be able to fill this time slot. If a mod doesn't want to do things this way then well, maybe they shouldn't be a mod. It's like those policemen that park their car on the highway and take a nap. Why bother coming to work at all?
Old 09-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #24
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Quote:
they should be informed of the outcome of their report whether or not action was taken..
For example, a user reports an incident and they get a PM from a mod saying "I have received your report on 9/24/09 and discussed it with the mods and we together have decided that no action is necessary." or "I have received your report ... and that user has received a private warning/infraction/3 day ban/7 day ban/etc etc etc."
A message to say its been read, can be useful . . but if you select the notify when read thingy if sending a message to a mod you'll know it has been.
Being told how long they're being punished for being mean to you or posting an under age ad in the M/s section etc doesn't matter. That's between the mods + the person who gets warned/banned.

Quote:
In the case of the first one, where no action was taken, the user should also be informed that if they decide to take the law into their own hands, they would face being banned or warned or something of the sort as well so it's best to just leave it to the mods decision.
Isn't that the point of mods any way? It should go without saying

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
Old 09-24-2009, 06:45 AM   #25
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinfairy View Post
A message to say its been read, can be useful . . but if you select the notify when read thingy if sending a message to a mod you'll know it has been.
That doesn't work if you report something though. Although it's handy to remember if you're PMing a mod

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
Old 09-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #26
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Quote:
I think this is a brilliant idea. Did you put it in its own thread in the Suggestion Zone once? I think I agreed with it then too. It would be nice to know if your report has been received or acknowledged at least.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 09-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #27
Coyote
getDare Addict

Quote:
I made a thread about this awhile ago in the suggestion area but it was denied. Maybe this will bring reinforcement into the idea
Limits:Public,Involving Other People, Illegal, Pee/Poop, High Risk of Getting Caught,Extreme Pain,Anal,Messy/Water,(Backyard might be ok), Masturbation
24/M/USA
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=32347

AFTER HOURS!!(GOOD READING)
Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #28
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollaredBlondie View Post
That doesn't work if you report something though. Although it's handy to remember if you're PMing a mod
(:
Hearing back is good as I agreed before. But it depends on how many (silly) reports they get. All that will happen is an auto message will get set up "your message has been recieved + will be looked into asap" ;D

Eveyone should just be happy that it is modded at all + generally well.

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #29
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I suppose if the reports were just crappy it would get annoying to have to reply to each one. If it was something like
"Person didn't say hello to me when I said hi"
You wouldn't want to bother reply to that.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 09-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #30
fork
Account Banned

None of you are listening to me at all. The reports of "he didn't say hi to me" should result in a warning/infraction/ban of the person who reported that, for "abuse of the report system" therefore that is feedback in itself.
An automatic message of "We have received your message and will look at it shortly" is completely not what I am saying at all because that is the same as not having one. What I am saying is for legitimate reports of harassment or whatever, it is nice to get a personalized, caring message back on what the outcome will be of their report.
For reports of underage SM, this obviously doesn't apply because it has no relation to the person who reported it.
None of you are reading what I am saying. I'm talking about reports of HARASSMENT AND CRUELTY.

For example,
user1: FUCK YOU FAGGOT
user2: ok..
user2 reports this..
Response: "We have received your report on 9/24/09. [insert copy of the report]. The mods and I have discussed this and decided that user1 will receive a 3 day ban because they have a small history of harassment like this." or something of the sort.

Quote:
Isn't that the point of mods any way? It should go without saying?
No, it can't go without saying because some users have no idea of the difference between right from wrong. Using the same example as above, with a different response:
"We have received your report on 9/24/09. [insert copy of the report]. The mods and I have discussed this and decided that user1 will receive a warning about his/her behavior. We have decided that just a warning is sufficient and advise you not to take matters into your own hands. Retaliating further to this event could result in you receiving a warning/infraction/ban as well." or something of the sort.

Please take the time to carefully read what I have written and not twist it around to make it look like I am saying something else.
Closed Thread