Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 10-19-2015, 04:26 AM   #16
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alja View Post
If the signature is too long it annoys me. Also there is a length limit for the signature. If you got some limits to list, you'll end up filling your whole signature with limits and nothing else.
Still, it would be easily possible to put the likes, dislikes and limits in one's signature. You have a limit of 1000 characters, so enough space I think. Your likes, dislikes and limits are only 263 characters long including the colors, excluding the unnecessary lines like do not cross any limit without my prior consent because it's obvious what limits are for.

I've seen some people having a signature of a thousand pixels long signature (= approximately one screenview) and use only about 500 characters while others write until they reach the limit and only have a 150 pixels long signature. It just depends on what size characters you use and how many links, colors and images you use.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So some people don't read the likes, dislike and limits. Well, then the person who requested the dares won't do them. Still, this person should be kind enough to tell the person why he/ she doesn't want to do the dare. There are lots of thread made by someone who are asking for dares, get lots of replies and don't even post a second comment with either the message they he/ she won't be doing the dares or a report.

My point being, people should say it when someone gives a dare that is within the limits of the person. Sure, you can complain about how people don't read your signature, but does this really help you? As you can see, only people who do read post in this thread, not the ones who don't. So wouldn't it be better to just tell the person it in your thread instead of talking about it later?

Just my thoughts on it, because I see some of you get frustrated when the you get a dare that is within your limits. Well, I get frustrated when someone receives tons of replies and never responses to them. Not that I am accusing anyone; I assumed all of you respond. So I checked and only one doesn't respond after getting dares.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 10-19-2015 at 04:37 AM.
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #17
WalkingWholockian
getDare Sweetheart

Apparently no one wants to read signatures in general. I don't know about anyone else but I have had people jumping on me with their first pm pretty much saying "I'm your Master now"....I've even told some to go away and yet they don't listen or act confused (when I have it clearly stated I'm NOT LOOKING in my signature). It's getting really frustrating and needs to be addressed (if you do this, can you not???)

If you are really interested, then reading their entire signature/likes and limits, even if it takes a while, should not be an issue. Consent is a thing!

Also, please STOP assuming because someone IS a slave/submissive (EVEN IF THEY ARE LOOKING!!) that they are immediately YOUR slave/sub and treating them as such before asking them if they want to be. That's rude. I'm A submissive but I'm not EVERYONE'S submissive and unless I am yours, I deserve respect

LIKES LIMITS TOYS SUPPLIES ECT

I DO NOT FACETIME/SKYPE/ETC.!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: WalkingWholockian_official

WalkingWholockian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #18
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

How about this one: while my list of limits isn't finished, my likes/will-do/punishments are quite clearly listed. In addition, I have a gallery full of pics of my toys, each numbered, and with an explanation of how the toy is used. Yet, when a potential playmate asks me for a list of likes and what toys I have, and I respond "it's all in my signature and my gallery," nine times out of ten they will respond "I don't have time to go through all that, just tell me." Arrrgh.

For the record, I read the full profile and signature of anyone I might be interested in, as well as read as many of their posts as I have time for.

As a final note, with regard to the people who mentioned the size limit of the signature, you can always put your likes/dislikes/punishments/limits and anything else in a log post, and just link to the post or posts in your sig.

DJ
DJ-playmate is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
dislikes, likes, limits