Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 08-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
**Mandi**
getDare Succubus

Default Singing

Well, earlier I was thinking about how I love to sing but I am absolutely god-awful at it and I got to wondering if anyone on GetDare had a secret singing talent so here are some questions..

1. Do you sing often? In private or in front of people?
2. How would you rate your voice on a scale of 1-10?
3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say?
4. In a negative way? (I hope these answers are funny)
5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favorite song or artist?
6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing?
7. What kind of music do you sound terrible singing?
8. Have you ever won any kind of award for singing?
9. On a different hand, can you rap?
10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice?

Please feel free to share anything else related to this, I am curious (:

Oh, and if you want I dare you to post a recording of you singing. If you're good please please do this! And if you're not, go ahead and do it anyway; just learn to laugh at yourself and it will be humorous for us and you!

I am a little princess, be nice <3 I am only on this site for FRIENDS. Nothing else. Please don't ask.

Ask Me Anything Thread

Last edited by **Mandi**; 08-01-2013 at 03:30 PM.
**Mandi** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
stan1980

1. not very often, in the shower and sometimes before I sleep :P
2. It is so bad that it could be used for humiliation in a dare son 1/10
3. My mother (because she is nice)
4. Yeah "that artist would kill her/himslef if he ould have heard that" and alot more but they are not as funny...
5. bruce springsteen, kinda rock, or sad songs
6. the river by bruce ^
7. All
8. HAH! right...

Interested in any contact or friends I could find on here so PM on!

Likes and Limits: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=68025
stan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
techiegirl
Distinguished Member

[QUOTE=**Mandi**;1042738]Well, earlier I was thinking about how I love to sing but I am absolutely god-awful at it and I got to wondering if anyone on GetDare had a secret singing talent so here are some questions..

1. Do you sing often? In private or in front of people? I will hum along and sometimes jokingly belt out to a song
2. How would you rate your voice on a scale of 1-10? like a 4 maybe haha
3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say? um they said i have a jazzy kinda voice
4. In a negative way? (I hope these answers are funny) oh god yes, i have been told (by rude girls) that my singing is god awful
5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favorite song or artist? I love singing alternitive, so like Blink182, Angels and Airwaves, oooor oldies like Billy Joel and Bon Jovi
6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing? I sound best singing low belty songs
7. What kind of music do you sound terrible singing? anything with high notes
8. Have you ever won any kind of award for singing? HA no
9. On a different hand, can you rap? i dont mean to brag or anything but i know all of Ice Ice Baby, it's kinda a big deal
10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice? around the same

21~F~Brat
Likes and Such
[23:52:04] RiskyFlame: techiegirl is very real
#modapproved

techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Dareholic
getDare Addict

1. Do you sing often? In private or in front of people? No, I rarely sing on the fact I can't carry a tune if my life depended on it.
2. How would you rate your voice on a scale of 1-10? Probly a 2.
3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say? No, but I know I can't carry a tune so I just don't sing in public.
4. In a negative way? (I hope these answers are funny) Check above answer.
5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favorite song or artist? I don't sing, and I will listen to everything... except Country.
6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing? Something with a good beat.
7. What kind of music do you sound terrible singing? Again, I don't sing.
8. Have you ever won any kind of award for singing? No.
9. On a different hand, can you rap? Not that good at rap either.
10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice? What I remember of trying to sing, my voice was about the same or lower.

RETIRED: THANKS getDare, I HAD FUN.

OH, JUST REMEMBER: "Life is not fun, unless you are having fun." - Dareholic

"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent." - Mark Twain
Yamask
Dareholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
Shadowice
getDare Addict

1. Do you sing often? In private or in front of people? Not often maybe a few lines when in car alone
2. How would you rate your voice on a scale of 1-10? Im glad your scale includes negatives because -10
3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say? nope
4. In a negative way? (I hope these answers are funny) So not really about my singing but it applies. After school in the neighborhood wed have singing talent shows. Would be like 3 rounds worth and i was in the finals got some random song i didnt know and was the girls judging us. So I start improvising, I pull my shirt off start twirling it around my head, and my uncle comes out and goes ok... and turns around and walks off and tells my aunt. They didnt let me forget that for a few months
5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favorite song or artist? Taylor Swift(Bet you didnt expect that) you belong with me. The chorus is so catchy
6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing? NA
7. What kind of music do you sound terrible singing? Probably rap
8. Have you ever won any kind of award for singing? No
9. On a different hand, can you rap? I cant freestyle but I can do some of them that go really fast
10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice? Not sure ive never listened to my singing voice to tell

Curious to know about me? Visit my AMA
Ladies if you are feeling brave please try my Hell Tease
I love detailed reports

Last edited by Shadowice; 08-01-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Shadowice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
Siren
getDare Succubus

As much as possible. I'm usually at least humming something, but I tend to forget that I'm not by myself and I start singing along to things properly sometimes. Today I walked into a shop and heard "So Lonely" by The Police and got to the end of the chorus before I realised it was in public, haha. However, if people pick up on my humming/singing then I tend to quieten down, but everyone who knows me either ignores me or joins in by this point

Hm... I'm really bad with talking about my abilities (or lack of them, as the case may be) but I'd go for maybe a 7? I should hope it's half-decent by this point seeing as I keep practising and my voice is finally maturing.

3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say?
Well, I get nice comments at church, but that's because they're all nice people :P But they always make sure to say when something sounds particularly good, or when I've done a solo.

I can't think of any funny things people have said, but according to one of my friends, someone at school gets really annoyed by my constant singing. No idea who, but I found it funny... and I'm almost relieved that someone's actually noticed enough to find it irritating. Wish I knew who it was so I could annoy them more, though ;p

5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favourite song or artist?
Ooh... I'll sing along to anything I can, really. I really like singing things from musicals, because I can get into it and be a bit silly But there are some choral pieces that are just... well, heavenly to sing :P Favourite song/artist... erm... too much choice! I quite like singing Blurred Lines at the moment (I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing it) but I often find myself singing Killer Queen, and as far as choral music goes... well, anything Christmassy. Or Advent-ish. And Stanford's Magnificat. And Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring... though I usually end up singing the organ part. I'll stop geeking out now :P

6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing?
Probably choral things. It's what I'm most used to because I've been in a church choir since I was little, and it's the music I practise most regularly. Oh, that and lullabies.

Haha, I think there are quite a few... anything vaguely rock-ish (though nothing will stop me singing Paramore songs when I'm annoyed :P) and anything all that jazzy, either, unfortunately *sadface* My voice just really doesn't suit it. Again, not that it stops me. Oh, and I really cannot rap though sometimes I do when I'm alone in my room

I won a talent contest at a holiday place (like Butlins) when I was 7 or 8 (which I'm still kind of proud of, ngl :P) but I can't think of any real awards or anything, and I'm guessing exams don't count, haha.

Not as far as I'm aware :P I've never trying rapping anything when anyone else can hear. Except my brother. But that was just to make him laugh, haha.

10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice?
I think it's higher. At the moment I really seem to be struggling with the low notes. I can't sing them loud enough.

Oh, and if you want I dare you to post a recording of you singing. If you're good please please do this! And if you're not, go ahead and do it anyway; just learn to laugh at yourself and it will be humorous for us and you!
Well, there is a recording of me singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Slut" on my Soundcloud, but I'm not sure that really counts as proper singing :P Still, it seems to make people laugh.

Thanks Mandi, I enjoyed answering these

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more

Last edited by Siren; 08-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Whenever I'm alone, and definitely in private...but yeah, pretty often.

4 or 5?

A friend told me once that I sound like a Siren. I responded: Yes, I do in fact sound like a police siren.

One time my brother heard a song that I used to sing a lot and he was like "Oh, THIS is the original song? The way you were singing it I didn't think it was a good song!" ...I popped him upside the head for that.

Symphonic Metal, Soft Rock, Comedy Rock, and yeah...whatever other songs are catchy.

I probably sound alright singing some rock songs and Disney songs.

Everything else.

Nope.

Hell no. D:

My range is about the same as my speaking voice.

Someday. Thanks for this thread.

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
**Mandi**
getDare Succubus

1. Do you sing often? In private or in front of people? I sing all the time. ALL the time... which probably isn't surprising since I asked these questions in the first place.. but yeah, I sing in private and in front of people. I have a bad singing voice but I could care less what people think

2. How would you rate your voice on a scale of 1-10? Ummmm maybe a 4 or 5. I know I said god awful but that was a bit of an overstatement I guess. I am by no means good at singing but I am not awful. Let's just say it doesn't make my ears bleed to listen to myself haha

3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say? Ummmm the recorded voices in the singing video games for the wii... they are pretty nice about it. They even called me a superstar once.. like no big deal.

4. In a negative way? Yes. My parents and sister specifically due to the fact that I am always singing. Normally it is intermingled with a plea to stop.

5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favorite song or artist? Ummmm I sing everything. But my favorite artists to sing along to are Taylor Swift and Lana del Rey I think

6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing? Songs with a lower register probably... or songs that are not big and fancy like kids movie songs maybe

7. What kind of music do you sound terrible singing? Most of it

8. Have you ever won any kind of award for singing? hahahaha.. no. I did get a solo in our third grade concert though and another solo in our fourth grade musical. I guess those were my prime years.

9. On a different hand, can you rap? Not freestyle but I can be a badass when it comes to rapping parts of songs.

10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice? Lower, lots lower.

Ummmmmmmmm maybe.. I will think about it. I have one on my soundcloud right now but it is private.

I am a little princess, be nice <3 I am only on this site for FRIENDS. Nothing else. Please don't ask.

Ask Me Anything Thread
Old 08-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

I have always loved to sing. I started singing in front of people when I was in 2nd grade (about 7 years old), singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow in front of my school for a music concert.

I did several talent shows throughout school, and had solos in choir. I got to play as Snow White in a musics my 8th grade year. However, I stopped having interest in singing/acting, and stopped performing all together.

By no means could I win Americon Idol, America's got talent, or anything like those. For the average person singing, I'd say I sound somewhere between a 7 and an 8, though with a few select Shania Twain songs, I dare say I'm near a 9.

Most people give me good feedback, and are shocked when they hear me sing for the first time.

Only when I attempt to sing stuff out of my element... like (c)rap

I like singing country, and songs to musicals. My favorite artist to sing is Shania Twain.

Same as above

rap, rock, other stuff I'm sure.

With all of the talent shows at my elementary school, there weren't any awards for best singer/performer or anything like that. The one time I did "enter a contest" I didn't even come close to placing. I'm not much of a performer... just a singer.

See above answers

I can sing in a long range. I don't really know how to answer this. I guess it's generally higher?

Please feel free to share anything else related to this, I am curious (:

Okay, I was just going to post a recording of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, but Mandi requested I also post a recording of 'dirty little mermaid' which is a parody to Part of Your World (as I sang that for her recently). I tried using my headset to get rid of an annoying ticking sound in the background... but I can't seem to get them to work right.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Dirty Little Mermaid

Last edited by Rose_Angel; 08-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Rose_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
Siren
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Mandi** View Post

Ummmmmmmmm maybe.. I will think about it. I have one on my soundcloud right now but it is private.
Ooh, what song is it? You should make it public

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
**Mandi**
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare... View Post
Ooh, what song is it? You should make it public
It is "This Is What Makes Us Girls" by Lana del Rey.. not because I am good at singing it or because it is easy to sing (it's not and I sound awful trying lmao) but because it was stuck in my head earlier and I kinda want to get better at singing that song so I posted it as private so I could compare later on.

Anyway, everyone should listen to the original song though, it is great.

Ask Me Anything Thread
Old 08-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
NorthlandDom

Quote:
Well, earlier I was thinking about how I love to sing but I am absolutely god-awful at it and I got to wondering if anyone on GetDare had a secret singing talent so here are some questions..

1.) All the friggen time. In private, in front of people, in front of strangers. It's great when random people get caught in my bardic performance area

2.) 6-7ish. It's not too bad. Not great, but above average.

3.) Yeah, I usually get told I should sing at least locally. Though I'm not too great in front of crowds, so nope. I'll stick with my chosen field of things and stuff.

4.) "It's 4AM, SHUT IT!" or "Do you HAVE to do that here?" at the Wals-Mart and occasionally the park.

5.) Classic rock and pre-2005 Disney, particularly(and this is funny as hell IMO) Hilary Duff for the most part. I've got some eclectic music tastes, and I can usually pull it off.

6.) See above

7.) Country. Not a fan, and as a result, sound like crap when I try to sing it.

8.) Nope. Never entered anything for singing, though I did go to court over it once.

9.) Nope.

10.) It's whatever I need it to be. A little less so the last few years(had a real good illness that nearly killed me three years ago, and my vocal range never did fully recover- can't hit the falsetto anymore )

Anything else to add... hmmm... well, I did help my friends 100% every song on Expert for vocals on the Rock Band games
Old 08-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #13
**Mandi**
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandDom View Post

5.) Classic rock and pre-2005 Disney, particularly(and this is funny as hell IMO) Hilary Duff for the most part. I've got some eclectic music tastes, and I can usually pull it off.

8.) Nope. Never entered anything for singing, though I did go to court over it once.
First of all, I am dying to hear you sing some Hilary Duff.. that was my thing for when I played karaoke with my friends!

Second, court? explain please!

Oh, and sing something and post it! We would all love to hear (:

Ask Me Anything Thread
Old 08-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #14
crazykinks

Mainly in private, loud if i'm alone int he house

about a 5, its in tune, i believe, but no where near a pop stars lol

Yes, in school I did Music, and was told my voice is good, and I sing like Sting

Erm, i always block out negative opinions so maybe, but would of forgotten by now

I like singing to RnB and Pop, fav artist, hmm, probably usher, as i like his highs and lows, i like too many songs to have a fav

I dunno really, I don't record myself, and I don't like listening to it back when I have in the past lol

High pitched female vocalists, I like trying, and i can reach the note, but it hurts after a while, and it probably sounds terrible, but on "Lips" it rates it high lol

Apart from Singstar and Lips agaisnt my family, no

I'd love to, tried, and failed hard, can't wrap my tounge around words fast enough, and most English voices sound terrible trying lol

I'd say I can go high, low and in the middle with my voice, I can use my chest voice and my throat voice with little change, but mainly i stick with my normal speaking tone.

Likes: edging, pain, light cbt, degradation, spanking, nipple tortue, orgasms, ageplay, dominating women

Dislikes: denial, pee, anal, ruined orgasm

Limits: loud, perminant, body writing, public, pictures, family, scat, illegal
crazykinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
NorthlandDom

Quote:
First of all, I am dying to hear you sing some Hilary Duff.. that was my thing for when I played karaoke with my friends!

Second, court? explain please!

Oh, and sing something and post it! We would all love to hear (:
For the court thing, my mom made me take choir in HS because I sang alot at home so why not? I wanted to take cooking but NO, had to put me in with those people. To sum up what would make a really interesting long story, they were all jerkoffs and I eventually got to the point where I threatened to kill the whole class. Fun times, fun times. Wouldn't undo it for the world. Came into school the next day right into the loving arms of the local police chief, who said "I know you didn't do this without provocation, BUT..." and thus began the long and annoying process of outsmarting the judge and prosecuting attorney at the tender age of 15.

And as for me singing... MAYBE. I only posted that one thing because Happy was all... well, happy and energetic about it when she asked me to. How could I say no to that rainbow face avatar? I normally don't do anything like that, not for public postings anyway. So we'll see if you get to hear me sing or not, but don't get your hopes up too high for it.

Advertisements
Kink Talk