Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 06-07-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
redambergreen

Default Tackling bumping in Slave/Master Area advertisements

The ability to bump ads in the Slave/Master forum is creating a completely unfair environment for the majority of people. In the past 24 hours I've reported at least 10 ads there due to people bumping their own ads or being creative about satisfying the rule about adding new information with each bump.

The issue is that people are generally given a warning, and then if they keep it up they get their thread locked. After a warning or lock, the thread still remains sorted as per the timestamp of the last post. That's essentially two free bumps until the person can just repeat the whole process again the next month. Those of us who actually obey the rules are at a distinct disadvantage here, and it's incredibly disheartening to watch your thread get shunted to the second page because of serial bumpers.

Can the rules be tightened up here a little?

If a user needs to add more information they can simply edit their original post. There is absolutely no reason to need to make a new post on-thread.

Posts which break the rules on bumping should be deleted and the user be given a warning via PM. If the user persists, the post used to bump is deleted and the thread is locked.

Persistent offenders get a ban from that forum for a period of time.

I'm aware that there are limited moderators available, but something like this would make things a lot less frustrating for the people actually following the rules.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:53 AM   #2
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

You can only edit your post in a limited amount of time.
Therefore new Information can only be added via a comment. Im aware of the "abusing" there though.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #3
redambergreen

I wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Is there anything being done about this though, or any change of procedure in the pipeline?

As of right now there are 11 bumped threads on the first page alone, out of 27 threads. That's 40% of threads on that page.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Well some of those are legit. Since youre allowed to bump a thread once every 30 days
Old 06-08-2015, 04:26 AM   #5
redambergreen

When I counted yesterday there was a single legit one, and that wasn't included in my total. 11 illegitimately bumped threads.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:16 AM   #6
Red
Sona Forever

You can bump a thread every two weeks or so, not every 30 days. The 30 day rule is for making new ads, not for bumping.

The people that get their threads locked are those who are posting on it daily or every other day or so or just plain posting "bumping"/trying to get around it.

We do not look at every thread every day, please report those who you think are being obnoxious.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote