Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 AM   #1
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Default Search box on ban list page

I remember reading some things about people that would like to know the reason of people being banned. Then an important person comes by and says you can just find the ban reason in the ban list via 'quick links'. But it's almost impossible to quickly find the person you are looking for in the ban list.

So what about a box at the top of the first page of the ban list where you can write the name of the person you are looking for? This will be much easier for people to find specific banned nicknames (= persons) more quickly than usual.

I hope others agree with me and really hope that the developer of getDare agrees with me too.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:37 AM   #2
Siren
getDare Succubus

This is a very good point, but there already is a search box for the ban list- it's tucked away at the bottom of the page, so it's really easy to miss. If you click the link for the ban list and scroll right to the bottom you should be able to see it

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #3
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Oops... I missed that. And now that you said this, I actually totally forgot that it was there. :S I once used it. Somehow I forgot it... Thanks for saying.

Idea 2.0: move the search box to the top of the page? To make it more noticable.

—Hans Axgil—
Old 03-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #4
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

I always feel like the reason should be under the ''Banned'' on the profile.
Jah Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 04:29 PM   #5
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Brother View Post
I always feel like the reason should be under the ''Banned'' on the profile.
Actually, there's almost no reason to know why someone got banned, because you are no longer able to contact him any more. And when the banned one creates another account (which is against the rules), you won't even know it's the banned person. Also, having the reason in their profile may hurt their status. When somebody is banned for (e.g.) a month with the reason "spamming hateful posts", I think most of the people will avoid this person.

If you really want to know, you can just search their names in the ban list.

—Hans Axgil—
Old 03-23-2015, 05:23 AM   #6
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
Actually, there's almost no reason to know why someone got banned, because you are no longer able to contact him any more.
So why would you ask for a search box on the ban list? If a friend of mine is banned I want to know the reason

Quote:
Also, having the reason in their profile may hurt their status. When somebody is banned for (e.g.) a month with the reason "spamming hateful posts", I think most of the people will avoid this person.
With good reason, this are people I like to avoid.

Quote:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...08#post1696708
It isn't that clear

Last edited by Jah Brother; 03-23-2015 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Suck at dem links
Old 03-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
So why would you ask for a search box on the ban list?
Some people are banned themselves and they want to search themselves up in the ban list instandly instead of browsing.

Quote:
With good reason, this are people I like to avoid.
They are already punished by the staff of getDare. Why should they also be punished by the community of getDare itself?

—Hans Axgil—
Old 03-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #8
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Actually, there's almost no reason to know why someone got banned, because you are no longer able to contact him any more. And when the banned one creates another account (which is against the rules), you won't even know it's the banned person. Also, having the reason in their profile may hurt their status. When somebody is banned for (e.g.) a month with the reason "spamming hateful posts", I think most of the people will avoid this person.

If there's almost no reason to know why someone was banned, why is there a banlist? If there isn't a reason to know why, I vote to remove the ban list.

Reading the reasons on the ban list can hurt their status so it doesn't make a difference.

And knowing why a person got banned will let me know whether to avoid these people in the future. I would love the reason on the profile.

Quote:
Some people are banned themselves and they want to search themselves up in the ban list instandly instead of browsing.

They are already punished by the staff of getDare. Why should they also be punished by the community of getDare itself?
Because they were hateful and rude and abusive. Makes sense to me that they are avoided. That's like saying, why have a ignore list if they can be punished by staff?

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:17 PM   #9
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKidWithSkills View Post
If there's almost no reason to know why someone was banned, why is there a banlist? If there isn't a reason to know why, I vote to remove the ban list.
"Almost no reason." The people who are banned temporarily should be able to see what they did wrong when they are allowed to use their account once again.

Quote:
Reading the reasons on the ban list can hurt their status so it doesn't make a difference.
I assume not everyone is remembering looking at the ban list regularly and remember each reason and each nickname. So it'll only hurt the banned person when someone else is specifically searching for that banned person.

Quote:
And knowing why a person got banned will let me know whether to avoid these people in the future. I would love the reason on the profile.
What about the reasons like: hi; one ad every 30 days; bugmenot; you're not Angie Verona; so creative. And more things like these reasons. People will asume they did something bad, but the persons themselves most of the times aren't.

But there is the other side, so you're probably right. Yet, how many times do you wonder why someone got banned? I, for an instance, don't see many posts of banned accounts and wonder why that account got banned.

Quote:
Because they were hateful and rude and abusive. Makes sense to me that they are avoided. That's like saying, why have a ignore list if they can be punished by staff?
I assume the ignore list is for cases of when somebody is annoying you, yet they stick to the rules of the forum and do nothing wrong. How can the staff ban someone when they ask someone to be their ... (whatever) a few more times than once? Unless this example is in fact against the rules. In this case I would present to you another example the next time.

These are my thoughts about this subject.

—Hans Axgil—
Old 03-24-2015, 01:14 AM   #10
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

If you're banned and try to log in you get a you're banned message showing the reason that got filled in on the banlist. Experience talking here