Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 08-18-2014, 03:12 AM   #1
Hiddenuser

Default User reviews

A big problem on this website are the people who post in every thread but don't do the dares or give the dares when they are supposed to.
Could it be an idea to have a subforum that contains user reviews and recommendations? Just one thread per user where other users can reply if they are worth your time for future reference.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I like the idea in theory of users having quality ratings, but the reality is they just turn into popularity contests and witchhunts. There used to be a karma system and that went exactly the same way.

I like the idea of somehow being able to highlight all of the quality posts, but I don't see any practical way to actually do it.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Hiddenuser

The big difference with a karma system is that you need to put some effort in a review. It can be as simple as someone who doesn't give/do dares when he/she has to like in the person above section but also if someone actually wants to invest some time in online play.

The biggest magnets would obviously still be the most populair users but also the attic trolls that come here to masturbate.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Right but then you're going to be writing a ton of bad reviews for every random with awful posts that then just makes a new account as soon as they get a bad review anyway and then the entire process has to start over.

Surely it'd be more successful to simply ignore anyone who writes a crappy post?

Of course the other factor that comes into play then is that there are a ton of people who make no effort spamming stupid things at a ton of people who make no effort's threads. When the majority rule is low quality, low quality wins.

I feel I'm supposed to say something impartial at this point like the site is what people make it, and if only crap people make anything then it'll be crap, but that's what people chose.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #5
Hiddenuser

Hmm true, but it's hard to ignore people in some sub sections like person above.

I don't know if it's possible in vbulletin but how about average rating and total votes? Karma never works but this has a more balanced system.

Last edited by Hiddenuser; 08-19-2014 at 01:05 AM.
Hiddenuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #6
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Maybe, but I also don't know if that can be added or not. Plus don't rating systems wind up being all 1 or 5? You can also rate threads right now, but no one ever does except on stories. You can thank people for threads too.

(I know this is at the thread level, not the user level, but it's better than nothing.)

I should also add that I have zero control over what features are added or not; I'm just giving my opinions as a fellow user.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #7
Hiddenuser

I'm aware, but even if the only votes are ones and fives, you'd still get a reasonable average.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:08 AM   #8
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Well, that system is there for threads right now, but almost never used. If everyone starts rating threads that would be a good start.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #9
DanHenceworth
getDare Devil

problem is people would only review people for negative things, people wouldn't bother with positive stuff
DanHenceworth is offline   Reply With Quote