Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 03-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #61
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

So you can't be atheist because there's no 100% definite proof that God is or isn't real? So, by that logic, you can't be Christian either because there's no definite proof if God exists or not. You're saying it's stupid to believe in something which cannot be proven, so surely your logic there works both ways. Correct me if I'm wrong?
That's how I see it.

But people BELIEVE that there is, or isn't, proof that God exists. Or that there is no way god could/couldn't exist, even without proof. It's illogical, basically. And atheists always say "God is illogical." They're criticising themselves!

Not everyone, of course. But a large majority of people who've no idea what they're talkin' about.

They call me killer - Killer Wingfield. I carry a tommy gun in a violin case; a simple, honest warehouse worker by day, but by night a dynamic czar of the underworld. I wear a patch over one eye, and a false moustache, and sometimes I put on green whiskers. On... on those occasions, they call me "El Diablo!"
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #62
Spanked

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatsayaman View Post
But a large majority of people who've no idea what they're talkin' about.
Isn't agonisticism basically admitting you have no idea what you are talking about?

So, by your logic(!), no-one knows what they are talking about. I could defintely accept that argument.

"I don't want to sound callous. I mean, even if I have nothing to offer, that doesn't matter, because that still doesn't mean that what anybody else has to offer therefore has to be true."
Richard Dawkins
Old 03-16-2010, 10:30 AM   #63
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanked View Post
Isn't agonisticism basically admitting you have no idea what you are talking about?

So, by your logic(!), no-one knows what they are talking about. I could defintely accept that argument.

"I don't want to sound callous. I mean, even if I have nothing to offer, that doesn't matter, because that still doesn't mean that what anybody else has to offer therefore has to be true."
Richard Dawkins
Agnosticism is admitting you don't know, and no one can know, whether or not God exists. There're too many possibilities.

Hard atheists who say "God is illogical" don't know what they're talking about, because to doubt ANYTHING that can't be proven is illogical. Thus, it's a paradox.

They call me killer - Killer Wingfield. I carry a tommy gun in a violin case; a simple, honest warehouse worker by day, but by night a dynamic czar of the underworld. I wear a patch over one eye, and a false moustache, and sometimes I put on green whiskers. On... on those occasions, they call me "El Diablo!"
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #64
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

roman catholic for the win! however it must be considered there is endless amount of possibilities and the chances of us been perfectly correct is the same as us hitting a star in the sky with a cricket all and our eyes shut.

before anyone calls me a bible basher that would b a) racist n b) i really dont care much for the religion just like the title.... sex at the age of 15 with contraception.

ps. im aware thats illegal
Captain Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #65
citruspunch

I'm Catholic. Sex and religion don't really mesh well, but I don't think God would be upset with me because I'm such a sexual person - depriving myself is like stifling artistic ability or creativity or something.
citruspunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:04 AM   #66
The godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

So you can't be atheist because there's no 100% definite proof that God is or isn't real? So, by that logic, you can't be Christian either because there's no definite proof if God exists or not. You're saying it's stupid to believe in something which cannot be proven, so surely your logic there works both ways. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Theres a difference, atheism claims to be logical, religon does not. Faith and belief are central to religon.
I'm agnostic
limits: public, very painful, permanent/ long lasting, illegal, dangerous, poo
The godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #67
Glavial

I do not follow one religion strictly per say as i believe the concept of religion is flawed. However i believe faith is good. So if you have faith in Christ and the Christian god so be it but in my opinion you shouldn't have to be apart of a group of people to have that faith

Personally I like to think of my self as a Laveyan Buddhist.

This means that to a slight degree in believe in the Buddhist disciplines tho i still eat meat I use it as more of a basis of morals like understanding peace and harmony etc.

The Laveyan side is darker and I am sure it will be instantly shunned but for those who haven't heard of it, it is Laveyan Satanism. Laveyan Satanism is based on a collection of philosophical essays compiled by Anton Lavey. He surmised that man was made in the image of the entity known as the "Devil" and not the image of "god". While i do not believe that any gods or devils exist i do believe in the philosophy of how to act. for example it is explained that should a man come into your home and be rude or ignorant that man should be removed or punished swiftly.

Laveyan Satanism is often coined as simply violent and Anti-Christian but i promise if you delve deeper you will simply find a set of moral guidances which differ from those of Christianity and, to me, make more sense.

I would also like to add that prior to finding either Laveyan Satanism or Buddhism I had a set of moral codes and the only reason I call myself a Laveyan Buddhist is because the combined values of those two "religions" happen to match the way I see the world, the way I behave and what i believe about myself and others.

Last edited by Glavial; 03-20-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Glavial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:29 AM   #68
Bubblegum
getDare Sweetheart

I'm athiest for the pure reason I could not make myself believe in God. I do not have the conviction and admire people who do but I want answers to questions and I want to know why. I suppose I would be considered agnostic by many people as I do not know but what my faith lies in, what I believe in, is atheism.

I ADOPTED EEVEE
ADOPT A POKEMON HERE!

FOURTEEN|FEMALE|ENGLAND

Bubblegum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #69
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_i_kka View Post
I'm Catholic and very religious. End of story.

I am very religious myself and as you know and everyone else knows, I am not afraid to preach on the internet.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #70
V_switch

Satanism. I believe the unholy father dictates my life and will always take care of me if i respect and worship him.
V_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #71
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...

I cannot place my faith within any established boundary, defined by any religious precept or doctrine.

I was born into the Roman Catholic Church, baptized, and went to church for several years before severing the ties.

Along the way, many varied spiritual doctrines have enlightened my life, from the most profonds views of Buddhism and Hinduism to the most exalted virtues of hedonism, all across the path of Pantheism and to the burlesque of Pastafarianism. Many spiritual writings have made me who I am today, from deep tomes of thought to light religious satires. Television pop-religion such as those mythological and mystical ideas in science-fiction shows like Star Trek and Babylon-5 have molded my thoughts to ideas of universalism.

There is no single faith to which I adhere to, nor can I name it, nor do I want to name it.

I am a Spiritual being, and that is all that is required of my faith.

You can visit my erotic stories website at:
interestinglifestories.weebly.com

This link can get you to all of my stories on this site as well:
Blog for my GD stories

interesting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #72
loveiswaiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mereslutgirl View Post
I am a Christian, yes I believe God will come on Earth, take the good people to the new world and the bad people would be thrown into a lake of fire, and will have to burn for eternity. I used to feel suicidal, but again, ending your life is against Bible, and will have to go and burn in the lake of fire. I am, a little relaxed about everything, but definitely I am a Christian, and I hope God comes back to Earth in my life period..!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
I am Christian.
And I don't really want to return to this thread as I feel like a debate is going to happen which I don't care for.

Pretty much said perfectly by these two.
Christian.

Only ask for my MSN if you're not a dick, and you're going to use it.
loveiswaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #73
thewhufan

Wait

I am athiest but wondering bout conscience/afterlife
thewhufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #74
Matt Uk
getDare Sweetheart

I do not have "A Religion" instead i have taken different philosophical views from many religions in order to base myself.

For example:

I do not believe there is an all powerful being (God) which is Atheist

But i do believe in the afterlife, more specifically i believe in reincarnation - Which is Hinduism.

I believe that whatever works for the individual themself, is all that matters. And that it is a personal belief.

I also think it is wrong when people go around preaching their religious views and forcing people to see the same way. That is your way, and your way only, not anybody elses. Even if you got 2000 Christians, they will all practice in a slightly different way, and believe in slightly different things. Nobody is alike.

End of.

Loves: Semi-Public, Masturbation, Little Pain

Hates: Permenant, Lot of Pain, Other Guy, Anal, Faeces, Urine

I Do NOT Do Webcam
Nor do I want a Master, and no I don't want a slave either

>>>>>>>Ask Me Anything<<<<<<<
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #75
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Uk View Post
Even if you got 2000 Christians, they will all practice in a slightly different way, and believe in slightly different things. Nobody is alike.

End of.
Alright, this is where I will take a stand. You cannot practice Christianity different since Jesus never taught one thing, and with that one thing you can practice that different ways. It's impossible for Christians to practice what Jesus taught in different ways. And don't come over and say, "but the churches..." a lot of the Churches they do not follow the Bible even though their job is to lead people. Jesus even condemned priests/churches during his time because of what they teach, and priests and churches these days are not very different from the ones in Jesus' time.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk