Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 03-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #16
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

I'd also like to remind you to tread carefully. One could easily see that as satire towards all theist beliefs. :P
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #17
lokelake
getDare Succubus

I am a Christian. I am part of the Catholic denomination.

I would not want to believe that once you die that's it, you don't get a second life. I don't like the feeling I guess. I like to be able to live. But hey, I don't know if I am right, but the Muslims and Jews and Christians believe in the same God. Again, I don't know if I am right about that.

I believe no matter what denomination you are, you are still a Christian because being a Christian means you accept Jesus as your savior and the Son of God who died for you.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
Roll,ova,and,beg

I grew up a christian and am a christian and go to a christian school too
I am kinda not so stressed about it though like I believe in everything but then some things like sex before marriage and other stuff like you shouldn't do this or that or other things I don't care for but I like talking like being able to just talk with God
Roll,ova,and,beg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #19
maxim
Account Banned

Grrr, I hate threads like this.
But I am a chrishtain Babtist.
Nuff said.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #20
Aisukaze

Send a message via AIM to Aisukaze Send a message via MSN to Aisukaze

Im a Christian
Aisukaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #21
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

I would say I'm mostly a Christian. I believe there's a God and that he cares about us and injustice. I've just been burned/hurt/betrayed/manipulated/etc by too many Christians to care anymore.

I don't currently go to church or anything. When/if I had kids I would probably want to take them to church and learn about God, but let them decide what they want to choose in the end.

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
sweetsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #22
person on get dare!

whew this will be long so bare with me..

my belifs change every now and then but this much stay true always i belive that god could exist i do not belive that he is perfect though i belive he would be live you or me or anybody he is just another person except well... gifted! and i belive that life was not meant to be a strive for perfection in everything and for everyone to be 'good' because if there was no bad there would be no good ( very ironic huh?) i belive that all of the religious books and such have one message in them all and that is simply stated do not wrong others (this may cause controversy)... without reason

and well thats it
person on get dare! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #23
Nixie
getDare Devil

I believe in what I believe in and it is good enough for me. I believe God exists, I believe in guardians. I part believe in wiccan... No people research it before you judge. And part shamanism. My Mom and sisters and Brother and I have coffee talk for church. Even though we were raised Catholic. Yeah uniforms and all.... Anyway it suits me and fits me and my beliefs. Yes I HAVE read the bible, Too many holes for my liking. And it annoys me. Leaves more questions for me than answers. So that's it. I could go on and on and on but I'm not going to. It will all end in a debate.

Leo:YOU HARLTOT

Simple Tips

Last edited by Nixie; 03-13-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #24
Jones
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jones Send a message via Yahoo to Jones

I am Christian. Baptist to be more exact. I dont go to church often and I often act like a "non christian".

I know everyone was fearing an argument when this was posted and I know that atheists or people of different religions get other religions get shoved in their face and get very annoyed by it. (I know as a former atheist) But I believe that the only reason is because they care not cause they just want to show you up. I mean if you thought you had the key to eternal happiness you'd probably be waving it peoples faces.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #25
davykamikazi

i'm an agnostic, i used to be christian, but the more i muddled in it, the more i hated it. It just isn't for me, honestly, i think religion is something for people to believe and to have hope in. I believe there is a 'god' but i'm not so sure that his "all powerful and all-knowing reasoning" isn't so reasonable. according to the bible, i apparently have no place in heaven because of my sexual identity...i thought sin kept you out, not who you're attracted to. soooo.....thats one of the things that started me in doubting god's "divinity" and "mercy"

if we're all equal in his eyes, then why does he want us to change? ya know?

thats just my reasoning, i don't want anyone to reply to this, i don't wanna start a fucking religious debate, this is just my reasoning and views
fetlife Tumblr
davykamikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #26
Sagefire135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Hmm..

I dont exclude any of the major religions, I think all of them hold part of the answer. Mostly, I'd say im a christian but very relaxed about it.

I also believe time doesnt exist, it is created by our minds. Thats why race drivers say that if they crash, it seems to take forever.
Its not just race-car drivers...when you crash bad, time STOPS. Interestingly enough a nasty crash is the reason im not atheist.

I used to be absolutely "religion is made up by man because we didnt understand things, now that science explains stuff we dont need religion or gods, blah blah blah". But i was in an accident where the car literally (yes...literally, as in not joking at all...) looked like it went through one of those car compressors at a junkyard. All three people WALKED away without a scratch, but looking at the car nobody should have lived.

I defiantly label myself as agnostic now, i believe that SOMETHING exists. that something metaphorically pushed the start button on the universe, and is watching it play out while periodically pushing pause to change some things. Sorta a sick twisted game of The Sims.

Always willing to cross-dress for the ladies, just have to ask me (and prove you are a lady)

Pi, a haiku:
Three point one four one
Five nine two six five three six
What am I doing?

Last edited by Sagefire135; 03-09-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Sagefire135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #27
Hunterman36
Distinguished Member

Me I am an athiest I don't belive that there is any supreme being rather that the universe and everythingin it was a result of science not of a god that being said I respect others religious views, so long as they respect mine.
Hunterman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #28
Warped Perfection

I was brought up a Christian, and stayed such until I turned sixteen. It took me a while, but I eventually realised that Christianity wasn't the right path for me personally. I'd now consider myself a general Pagan. Possibly with leanings towards Wicca, if only because there's so much more information on it out there, and it tends to get muddled up with a lot of other information on Paganism in its various guises. I've always thought of my general religious beliefs as being summed up neatly by one Sikh belief: 'My god is your god'. I've always seen different religions as being different ways to worship the same supreme being. Even atheism has its place. I've never prescribed to the belief that theism makes me better than atheists. So long as theists and atheists live their lives as morally as they can, I see no problem with either.
Warped Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #29
Dutch
getDare Sweetheart

As long as your beliefs incorporate you living your life while respecting and loving others, I love you!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #30
Cuffed
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
I part believe in wiccian... No people research it before you judge.
I am wiccan. Psst Nixie spelt it wrronngg

No thoughts, only ✨ Depp ✨
Cuffed is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk