Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 04-18-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
SassyTomato

Default Slave/Master area suggestions and a few others

Hello, so there are issues with spammers, fake accounts, and people using the slave/master area to message users from there on kik maliciously. I have some suggestions.

1. Require a user to be logged in to see any post in the slave/master area of the forums.

This seems..... very fair to me. That section is specifically designed for 18+ users, and often holds somewhat personal information or topics. I think this would help a lot with spammers, or troublesome users.

2.Require an account to be at least 14 days old to post an advertisement in the slave/master section.

This also seems very fair, as if the user is truly new, they will take a bit of time to used to the site. I'd also suggest when they DO go to post a first time advertisement, it give them a popup with a link to a thread that explanations a good and bad advertisement.

3.Do not allow users to post their kik/skype/instagram/etc. publicly in an advertisment

Ohhhh controversial. I know..... but my view is that 90% of the time these people post terrible advertisements. They are usually not even "real" people, and not long term. I know GetDare wants to allow even the worst advertisements to have their chance, but still. I feel like it would help increase the quality of the site to at least require people to private message other users for that information, and make better advertisements.

4.Also, hide the other 18+ subforums from users who are not logged in.

This is really, really fair. If it is not meant for underage users, or not for the public to see unless they are prepared to look, then why would the site allow people who are not logged in (and have a higher chance of being underage) to see those posts? I see no benefit to allowing that.

5.For the advertisements, allow more options.

Currently, you can type in your age. Which is good. However, for the sex, there is only two options. I suggest changing that to gender, and adding "male, female, FtM, MtF, nonbinary, other" as options. This is a wider selection, but not too many (it would be better if it were a drop down box with options, instead of bullet points).

For the "master, slave, switch" options I think it may be best to give a few more options as well, and make it a drop down box (master, slave, switch, submissive, little, daddy/mommy, top, bottom).

For the Age Range option, let us type in our own (or select, with 18 being the minimum and say 85 being the highest).

That's what I have for now, but I may add more in the future. Please discuss ^_^

20 / Male / Dominant

Last edited by SassyTomato; 04-19-2016 at 12:14 PM. Reason: 5th suggestions
SassyTomato is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 6 users say Thank You to SassyTomato for this post:
Old 04-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Default Pretty Bold or not, fine purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyTomato View Post
Hello, so there are issues with spammers, fake accounts, and people using the slave/master area to message users from there on kik maliciously. I have some suggestions.

1. Require a user to be logged in to see any post in the slave/master area of the forums.

This seems..... very fair to me. That section is specifically designed for 18+ users, and often holds somewhat personal information or topics. I think this would help a lot with spammers, or troublesome users.

I feel this is fair. These ads do have a lot of information in it. Sometimes down to their name and all their contact information. And plus being logged in means you are over 18 (usually).

When logged out I can garuntee underagers look at 18+ sections. They will look. You can't stop them.

And people who go on this site and intend to harass, if they're smart will go to the advertisements because it has the most information. This stops them from being able to harass a user.

2.Require an account to be at least 14 days old to post an advertisement in the slave/master section.

This also seems very fair, as if the user is truly new, they will take a bit of time to used to the site. I'd also suggest when they DO go to post a first time advertisement, it give them a popup with a link to a thread that explanations a good and bad advertisement.

This is also a good way to keep users intending to harass away as if they can't post a advertisement for their own gain, they'll go away. And it keeps the people who are not serious away.

And the expansions would be helpful. I know there's a sticky. (I looked at at least a bit of them.)

Also, I suggest they still not be able to see the advertisement page the first active 14 days they are here.

3.Do not allow users to post their kik/skype/instagram/etc. publicly in an advertisment

Ohhhh controversial. I know..... but my view is that 90% of the time these people post terrible advertisements. They are usually not even "real" people, and not long term. I know GetDare wants to allow even the worst advertisements to have their chance, but still. I feel like it would help increase the quality of the site to at least require people to private message other users for that information, and make better advertisements.

I disagree. If a user wants to post that stuff let them. If anything make a page with the consequences of that and make it where they agree they are responsible for anything off the site and I still disagree with that suggestion.

Some people post their contact info off the site because they aren't on the site a lot or want to let others know how to contact them if they end up being accepted.

4.Also, hide the other 18+ subforums from users who are not logged in.

This is really, really fair. If it is not meant for underage users, or not for the public to see unless they are prepared to look, then why would the site allow people who are not logged in (and have a higher chance of being underage) to see those posts? I see no benefit to allowing that.

This is very true.

That's what I have for now, but I may add more in the future. Please discuss ^_^
You used my old so I used purple.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:18 PM   #3
SassyTomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKidWithSkills View Post
I disagree. If a user wants to post that stuff let them. If anything make a page with the consequences of that and make it where they agree they are responsible for anything off the site and I still disagree with that suggestion.

Some people post their contact info off the site because they aren't on the site a lot or want to let others know how to contact them if they end up being accepted.

Hmm.... I just feel like by allowing users to post their kik/skype/etc. (at least in the advertisement section) it just allows a few things.

1. People will respond to advertisements with things like "hey, great, my kik is xxxxx!" Which, is an awful response and gets it all clogged up

2. People will post an advertisement that reads "19/M/Dom hmu kik xxxxx!"

3. People will be able to message users on kik/skype/etc and harass them.... with NO consequences, because we have no way of knowing their username here.

4. People will post an advertisement with their kik, and then not use getdare for awhile, if ever again. Like you said. That degrades the quality of the site too.

I'm not saying users shouldn't be able to give away their kik/skype/etc at all, just not in the advertisements at least I feel

20 / Male / Dominant
Old 04-19-2016, 12:15 PM   #4
SassyTomato

Added a 5th suggestion .

20 / Male / Dominant
Old 04-19-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Added a 5th suggestion .
I like the 5th. Especially not being able to put submissive annoyed me. And where I wanted 26+, I wish I could've specified that and I couldn't and put any age instead since it was the closest to a match for the age range which is way off.

I feel this will help a lot of people, especially nonbinary and etc as they'll be able to accurately describe their gender in the title too.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:31 PM   #6
sewerwatergas
Account Banned

I agree with most of these.

Requiring a login, and the account to be at least 2 weeks old makes it take just enough effort that even if it drops off a little bit of the garbage, it'd be worth it. Hiding the 18+ from people not logged in would be good, too. I'm a newer member, but this has been a very useful and fun community so far.

The kik/skype/etc. bit doesn't directly affect me as I've got no cellphone, nor skype account (nor a machine capable of running skype at home), but such is the way of the world. I think having folks PM one another for that info makes the most sense, but mine is a theoretical assumption there. Enough of a road block that low effort trolls can't just cast a wide net and collect a bunch of usernames to have fun with that evening.

The fifth bit about expanding the gender, preference, and age options would be lovely.

Likes: Enthusiasm, communication, unsolicited offers via PM, receiving confirmation, a willingness to try new things

Dislikes: Rudeness

Need to be punished? We can help
BDSM Test Results

I am in the Slave Economy, and the owner of collegegirl20 since 13 May 2016.

Last edited by sewerwatergas; 04-20-2016 at 09:34 PM.
sewerwatergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #7
sir stefan
Account Banned

Good suggestions.
Real good.

Indeed forbidding the kik i would say is too much,
The point is: if your smart, you just dont include it.
Forcing it from site does not add so much ( well prevent the fake adds maybe, but i thought it was more about preventing fake reactions)
sir stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:56 AM   #8
nedkelly

I have noticed that a lot of the S/M ads are really short with not much information in them so maybe have a minimum amount of words you have to put into an ad before you can post it.

Maybe a minimum of 200 or 300 words so people have to put in more info.

Email me at [email protected]

and introduce yourself by telling me about yourself and why you want to be a slave.
nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:04 AM   #9
Iodine
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Also, hide the other 18+ subforums from users who are not logged in.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I personally agree with all of these except this one,

This entire board is pretty much all 18+ content in some way or another at this point, If you hide most of the forum all its going to do is reduce the amount of new users to this site who dont actually know what its about and If you describe what the sites about, It wont stop underagers who want to look. It doesnt take 1-2 minutes to make a account after all if they know whats here.

Take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.

Mysterious hyperlink!

Last edited by Iodine; 04-24-2016 at 02:25 AM.
Iodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:36 AM   #10
Katie77

100% agree with all of those

18 year old female student from the UK

LIKES: humiliation, anal, orgasm denial, spanking, messy, pussy torture, bondage, ice, pain, toys

LIMITS: illegal, scat, family, permanent, public, photos (the usual, really!)
Katie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:52 AM   #11
Big White
getDare Sweetheart

I'd like to bump this.

It is very demotivating to see your advert get drowned to page three by threads that are literally 20 words long. We have to be realistic, nobody checks out any advert past page 2.

Maybe if there was some sort of way to bump up your advert without leaving a message, or like a kudo system.

Also, the points that were made about needing an older account and a higher world limit are valid, imo.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:32 AM   #12
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big White View Post
We have to be realistic, nobody checks out any advert past page 2.
Guess I'm nobody then.

Note: even though these are great ideas, I am just being critic.

But on the topic, I don't mind the lesser quality s/M adverts. By letting them write such bad quality adverts, others know who to ignore and who deserve some attention. If those who'd normally post a lesser quality advert write one following your five rules, they still don't change at heart. Meaning, for instance, if they don't include their Kik. Someone interested gives this person a message and in reply, he just says to contact you on Kik. And besides, some people just prefer Kik better than the inbox of getDare.

Bullet point #2 and #5 are great, though. As for #1 and #4, which are somewhat the same, I disagree with 'em.

As for #1, the s/M advert poster may decide what to write on the internet him-/herself. It's their responsibility to decide what (sensitive) information can be publicly shown and what not.

As for #4, I think it would hurt getDare's growth. By blocking a great portion of getDare's content to people who are not logged in isn't very smart. 18+ Sections of getDare include both the Slave/Master Area and Request TORD Online section, and to my opinion, the Dares section as well. New visitors see only the Lounge, Truth-, Stories section.

Edit: I just read that Iodine wrote the same as me on bullet point #4. (link)

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote