Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Kink and Education > Humiliation and Degradation Den

Old 05-31-2019, 04:38 AM   #16
JnAO

I think humiliation lies more towards shameful acts we consciously do, whereas degradation, often comes from others (criticism). However, I feel that both are often weighed against society standards.

Here is a scenario where one begs for someone to touch his/her privates.

(Society standards) He/She know as "normal" humans, he/she shouldn't be begging someone to touch him/her because society says so.

(Humiliation) The fact that he/she begged for it consciously makes him/her feel humiliated.

(Degradation) The criticism that others give him/her for his/her conscious act degrades him/her.

In conclusion, humiliation is the act, degradation is the criticism. Of course, there lies on the integrity of the person to actually feel humiliated/degraded but that's another dynamic in play.

P.S. It can be humiliating for an actual accident to happen, but since we are on the topic of BDSM, I suppose it is not relevant.

JnAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:16 AM   #17
Kitten
The One & Only

Humiliation is when you're ashamed because you feel that you're too good for "that" (whatever "that" is). Degradation is when you're ashamed because you feel "that" is what you deserve (whatever "that" is).

For example:
I'm a really good girl, how embarassing I am/like being fucked by 10 men.
vs
I deserve/want to get fucked by 10 men, how embarassing that I'm such a slut.

In my view- which is based on the definitions of the word, namely:
- the action of humiliating someone or the state of being humiliated, where humiliation is used as would be shame (a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behaviour)
- the condition or process of degrading or being degraded

Which to me suggest that in one case it was a behaviour or act despite the possible good character (or whatever) of the person, and the other concerns actually taking away from their "goodness", so to speak.

Last edited by Kitten; 06-17-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Kitten for this post:
Old 02-24-2020, 12:51 PM   #18
natethegreat
getDare Sweetheart

Everyone is going to have their own variations of the definitions but the following is what I have determined is the best way to explain the difference.

HUMILIATION IS RECEIVED. What this means is that humiliation all depends on the person receiving the humiliation and what they consider to be humiliating. This could differ based on the person. For example, a guy who is gay enjoys sucking cock yet a straight guy sucking a cock finds it really humiliating. An exhibitionist loves to show their body off yet someone who does not like to show off their body being forced to would be humiliating. This can be verbal but in most cases is actually all about action. Making fun of someone because they have a small penis is not about the verbal part but instead all about their penis. This must be genuine always meaning telling someone they have a worthless cock that is useless is not genuine because their are tons of people who love small cocks. Again, just an example.

DEGRADATION IS GIVEN. What this means is that degradation is about the person giving the degradation. This could involve humiliating the person of course but the main part is to degrade them and ensure they understand they are not equal. This could be telling someone their cock is pathetic or useless or too small when they are average or even in some cases, bigger. This could be calling them names like slut, faggot, etc. This could be spitting on them, pissing on them, writing names on them, etc. This is all about the person giving the degradation and does not really matter at all about the person receiving the degradation since anyone and everyone can be degraded about anything and it does not necessarily need to be genuine.

Many people into one are into the other. Many people are only into one but don't know how to differentiate to discover which one they like. So when it comes to humiliation/degradation it is highly recommended that discussions between both parties take place to ensure what is wanted is fully clarified.

For example, my biggest kink is humiliation. One of my limits is degradation. I do not like being called names, belittled or degraded or treated as less then anyone else because I already know I am equal to everyone else. Humiliation for me is things that could be considered homosexual like anal, oral on a guy, etc. I have a small penis which also helps with the aspect huge. Mostly it is about the action and very little verbal other then my small penis. However being told my penis is useless and pathetic is a turn off for me because even though it is really small (under 4" hard), I know it is not useless. I have 2 children and have also played with many many people, most of which not only loved my cock but also took pleasure from it. Yes you can make a girl cum with even a 3" cock. Length and thickness does not matter other then for those that enjoy the "good pain" from a hard pounding. However the g-spot is only 2"-3" inside the clitoris and anus meaning if you know where to go, its no problem getting someone off. Back to the main point, telling me my penis is useless or pathetic would be degradation. Saying "look how small it is" or "i wish it was bigger" would be good examples of humiliation without degradation.

I really hope I explained enough for this to all make sense as most I explain this to usually like my explanation. Note that many people who said humiliation was a turn off or limit even to give, changed their mind after my explanation because they realized that with humiliation, it could be something completely normal to them that I find humiliating. Like sucking a cock or stripping naked. Lol.

LIMITS: Anything to do with poo, extreme pain, blood, bruising, breath play, illegal, friends & family or extreme public, self infliction, social suicide, degradation, body writing, body odor, feet, messy, food, financial and silly dares.
natethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk