Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares > Bets & Challenges

Old 01-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #3796
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPV View Post
As far as punishments go, I have mixed emotions and am honestly not sure what I even want. I really do fear the harsh punishments--especially from Triangle. They do make me less likely to play. At the same time, they make me WANT to play even more. Don't know if that even makes sense but it is how I feel. Knowing the punishment might be harsh, makes the game more exciting. Nina's "Punishment Dictionary" has some bad punishments, but you kind of know what you're getting into. I like and fear Triangle's creative mind.
I hear this, feel the tingle of feeling, understand it. But I also look at what people will or can do, so thus what can keep the game running. From what I read of the feedback, many don't appreciate heavy & harsh, they are playing a parlour game. Even then its fine if you live alone or with kinky people, but many live with family or in shared space, apartments or even student housing. For many of them (of us) that also limits possibilities. (I am one example, with very vanilla housemates, plus a girlfriend who has prior rights to whatever she wants.)

I think there are too many different motivations for playing to allow us to plan for much outside the middle range, even if that reduces the level of <tingle> to some extent. The same applies to getting to a place where punishment becomes competitive in its own right. The heavy players and the casual joiners (look at poor Martin98 in his first-ever GD posts last week!) and the parlour gamers and the general BDSMers are all in this together. Their tolerance for "consequences" is as far across the map as their reasons for playing. If most are to come together to play in one arena then it has to fit. If we can build different ways to have them play with those at the same levels then great, but right now we need to keep this game alive, I think.

As for scheduled games or cut-off times, I think Switch Lucy nails one key advantage of cut-offs: you know that you will be done in max 30 or 60 minutes. Start times reduce time spent moping around looking for a game and wondering who is there to play. As I noted before, it will also make it easier to have huge numbers playing - for better or worse. Imagine if 8-10 people, or more, post between your 35 second posts! Chaos? Battle royal? Both!

Anyway: I have thought too much and written too much. I will respond to questions or issues if raised, but others have to weigh in.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:05 PM   #3797
ntni11

Heres the thing about the punishments as long as it recognises peoples limits and provides a reasonable timeframe then I am perfectly fine with them, I think in general they do. There has only been 1 punishment in here in which I have struggled in terms of doing it and it was a group punishment Triangle set. The thing is none of it was actually triangles fault the reason I struggled was because of the other guys, if I remember correctly there were 5 of us or possily 6. 2 of the other guys never even attempted to do anything in the thread and one of the other guys said he couldn't do stuff cos it was physical exercise and he was unable to do it cos of a back problem which is a perfectly reasonable excuse but it wasn't in his limits or info anywhere at all so no one could know this when setting a task, it left 2 of us a 48 hour timeframe to get done what was set for 5 people.

People need to make sure their information is up to date before playing this game, that means limits and any other relevent factors. Posters are not mind readers they can't know someone has a limit or shares a flat or whatever if you don't tell them.

In essence if people keep everything up to date, the timeframe is reasonable and the limits are respected I have no problems with punishments, I mean there has to be some sort of reason to try and be competitive

Likes and Limits

PM Dares
ntni11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:06 PM   #3798
Dman1212
Butterfly’s Edging Bitch

Is tonight when we will get a chance to play the new game? Hopefully I'm kinda excited!
Triangles Task 19 out of 25
Dman1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:59 PM   #3799
Triangle
The Bitch who cares......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1212 View Post
Is tonight when we will get a chance to play the new game? Hopefully I'm kinda excited!
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?p=2599316

Any more comments are welcome x

BvG : 220 Wins & 12 Losses (including 3 by stupidity) & a few close draws
228 wins will be back to 95% win rate

:D
Random number of the week : 874
Triangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #3800
Master Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1212 View Post
Hey Master go to the threads original poster and view her profile it's Triangle. View her punishment threads she created. She's quite a creative punisher! Then you'll see what you're getting in to! She knows how to do it
It's a challenge and who doesn't love a challenge. It's only fun if there a high risk

My likes as a sub and Dom are humiliation, orgasm control/denial (not excessively long), control, dares, edging, spanking, rules, risky dice games, body writing, bladder control, pain along other that are yet to be discovered.

Limits are scat, messy, permanent, public, anal, social suicide and extreme pain.
Master Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #3801
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Triangle that looks pretty good. I don't know what else to suggest at this point. We learn by doing.

One suggestion would be to make it a bit clearer that a game auto-killed at 30 minutes is a properly finished game, and the scores and rewards and etc all matter at that point if outside 40-60 space. Right now it is not really crystal clear (to me at least) and maybe not to people reading through quickly their 1st or 2nd time -- and after that they see less because they think they know it!

Marv
Old 01-02-2017, 03:11 PM   #3802
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Quote:
If you join a game before the other gender joins, post before half/whole hour is reached or try to keep a killed game going you must edge 10 times as punishment for breaking the rules.
To start a game, the launcher waits until the appointed time?
I see right now there is a 9:48 post and your 2nd at 10:04 saying to wait until the next hour or half - so we wait to 10:30 to play.
In general does the launcher post anytime - with the "starts at the hour or half" notice? Then everyone has notice. This works until we see what happens!

Advertisements
Kink Talk