Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 01-22-2016, 01:09 AM   #1
herpderp42
getDare Addict

Default Roll command

There are many threads depending on rolls and "somehow" the majority of the posters got the best possible result. For this reason a roll command could be very useful.
I thought of something like this:
The command can be used in the post like "/roll(1-6)"
and once the text gets posted the command will give out a result between 1 and 6.
Just an idea.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:35 PM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Great idea, though it's easy enough to delete the post and re-post the same, thus getting new results. But besides this, I don't think it'll work. It's not like people are forbidden to opt for the numbers themselves. They can choose whether they want to do the dare according to the rules set by the writer or to bend them.

One last thing. When they use this command, then you only see the numbers. They can still choose for the numbers themselves afterwards if they don't like the results, since 99/100 of the people who do the dare don't write a report and because they don't write one, no one will find out that they changed the outcome for themselves.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #3
herpderp42
getDare Addict

You are exactly right with your critics, but I had some trust-involving threads in my mind.
For example in one post a female (don't know the username anymore) bet that the reader couldn't roll a 4. If the reader won he got control of her for some time, else he had to edge 4 times the number for her.
Strangly enough there were like 70% 4s.
And the existence of a command like this would not mean that it has to be used. And I feel like a lot of similiar threads would be started when this command exists since it would be way harder to manipulate the result to to the desired one.

And yes, deleting and reposting would be possible, so maybe the command can make a bot post so this would be impossible for the normal user.

Nonetheless, thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it.