Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 02-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #1
Maverick

Send a message via AIM to Maverick Send a message via MSN to Maverick Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick
Default Scene Maker (Similar game)

I've heard of a game (In bits and pieces, I've filled in some of the gaps on my own) that is similar to truth or dare, but different in some ways. I thought
I'd share it. It's more party oriented, and would be very difficult to play with only one or two other people, but as such, for a large group, has its own advantages. If anyone else heard of it, maybe you can fill in the gaps I made up:

anyway, "Scene Maker":

Need:
paper and pens
a pair of different things for each person (like, a red and a blue M&M or a nickle and a dime or similar, everyone must have the same pair, so everyone would need one red and one blue M&M)
a bag/hat/box for voting

How to play:
Everyone writes 2(or more, if the group wants) "scenes" (dares or challenges), one per index card or piece of paper. These should be for one or two people to perform.

put these scenes in a pile and shuffle them.

Pick a person to be the "Scene maker" (doesn't matter who to start)

the scene maker picks up the scene on the top of the pile and reads it aloud.

Pass around the hat/box. Everyone puts in one of their two items (the red M&M to vote yes, the blue to vote no, or whichever the group decides is yes and no)

The vote is to determine if the dare is done or not

if there a more "no" items than "yes" discard the scene and the scene maker draws a new one, and repeats until a scene gets more "yes" votes than "no"

if there are more "yes" items than "no" then go on

the scene maker counts to three. on three, everyone hold out a hand, holding up 0-5 fingers. count and total the number of fingers

count from the scene maker that many people clockwise. you may end up going around the circle multiple times. (if the scene requires a second person, do a new finger count for the second person)

The person selected is the person who performs the scene. Once that person has finished, he or she becomes the new scene maker, and picks up the next top scene to start the next round.

--the end--

I know it seems a bit complex, but if you try it, its not so hard to figure out. Obviously it has some different factors from truth or dare, such as the random (or nearly) person getting dared, and the possibility of getting the dare (even one you wrote) etc.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #2
cheesy dude
Distinguished Member

wow sounds very good, ive never heard it before.

definatly something i wnt to have a try at though
thanks maverick
cheesy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
daremaster

Send a message via MSN to daremaster

That sounds like fun. I think I'll try that at my next party.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
anonimousbob
Distinguished Member

sounds fun, a combination of charades, TorD and pictionary lol, I'll give it a go sometime
anonimousbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:30 AM   #5
Maverick

Send a message via AIM to Maverick Send a message via MSN to Maverick Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick

I'm just curious, has anyone gotten around to trying it yet?
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:04 AM   #6
depp=noob=lol
Account Banned

it sounds good but also like much work and i think that ppl wont write the hard dares in the begining so you have to play multiple rounds
depp=noob=lol is offline   Reply With Quote