Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 10:53 PM   #31
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
Im basically saying that with either decision there will be a few people who disagree but thats life.
hmm yeah .. so you disagree with our idea... your problem, that is life...

ok what makes your new room different from the old lounge?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #32
getDare Sweetheart

i dont think telling people that you wont go in the lounge and that people should leave getdare and telling the mods not to talk to anyone on the site is going to help your case much

I for one wont be mad or bothered (in my case, just the opposite) if the scene closes down, but I dont think my vote counts anyway xP

*** fyi, can someone explain what kinds of arguments that have been going on so other people can actually try to help solve the problem?

Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z

Ohhhhsnap.

Hello.
444 <3 Softeyes
and we're in a relationship.
So, advances towards softeyes would very much not be appreciated.
TQTQTQ

Last edited by 444; 03-22-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: don't wanna double post.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #33
Jones
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jones Send a message via Yahoo to Jones

Haha i like that. Using my own words against me. Thats very true. if you decide to take the room out all together then yes its life and ill have to deal with it. But just because we cant make something perfect doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make it the best we can.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:45 AM   #34
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

what is a bit "funny" is that i was always the one saying to not see every rule as so set...
Old 03-23-2010, 06:04 AM   #35
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAngel View Post
This chatroom has been causing a lot more drama than intended and a lot of users are getting sick and tired of everything.
Why can't users just have fun in the room and be happy? If no one wants to start a scene, then just have fun. If users are getting sick of the drama, why are they in there in the first place?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #36
Trystaan
getDare Succubus

I am also with Merlin and Angel, I believe it has created much more harm than good and when we give you nice things you just turn them bad.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #37
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I never tend to go in there because whenever I do people are always arguing with each other, or it's silent. I'm sure the rules of the room have been posted somewhere so I don't get why people can't follow them so whoever wants to Scene can without interruptions.
Though it seems few people are getting to, whether it's because of arguments or people not allowing others to and being generally mean. I'm not saying it should be closed or not, I don't care either way, it just needs to be sorted out I think?

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

Old 03-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #38
Jones
Account Banned

The scene room wasnt a nice thing to the majority of getdare users. To most it was somthing close to a god thing so it was more of just a tease.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #39
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I have to say I'm with the mods on this one.... The room has become a mess of arguments and it's driving people away, myself included. I agree with loke that you should be allowed to talk a bit if no one is doing anything. No one wants to be in a silent room and a strictly no off topic conversation rule is not condusive to keeping people in a room. Without people in the room there will be little to no sceneing which completely kills the reason for the room. There are only so many times you can scene in a day and only so many topics of bdsm to talk about before things get really dull. Therefore it is kind of unrealistic to expect to have an active room without some talk in it.
As for backseat modding, I know it's a very touchy subject, but something should be altered a bit with it. We all know that it has sparked a fight on more than one occasion and that is something we are trying to avoid, correct? People have enacted rule 3 many times, so many that I no longer have to read the rules to know almost exactly what it says. I think the only problem with that rule is that it is way over used, and mostly for the sole reason to tell other people what they think should happen, basically thinking they have some extra power over other people. I honestly believe that if the rule is changed to normal users can only ask for the conversation to move if it is interupting a scene or conversation about bdsm, it might solve a few of the problems. (In other word if you don't have a little blue dot next to your name it really isn't your place to ask people to leave unless it is truly disruptive)
I'm really sorry this is long winded and all but I figured i would get it all done at once. I know some people won't like this, but it is my opnion, love it or hate it.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #40
Jones
Account Banned

Nelly would you think that the room would work if non bdsm role play was aloud and also some talking?
Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #41
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

I also have to agree with the other mods on this one. Pretty much see Trystans post and that would be my post.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Old 03-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #42
Jones
Account Banned

What is wrong with making a couple rule changes that will most likely stop the arguing and make everyone happier. And if it doesn't you can still remove the room.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #43
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Backseat modding is not allowed on the forums. There is no reason for it to be allowed on chat too. I understand that those doing so have the best intentions in mind, but it doesn't work because they aren't mods and the most they can do is start more arguments, even though that was not their intention.

I see no current reason for a room with special rules to exist, as much as I enjoy rp. People can easily make their own private rooms on other sites if they wish. Chat is here as a courtesy, not for users to demand it bent to suit their needs. Personally I'd prefer there was one big room for everyone, as separate rooms simply segregate things too much (and as has been mentioned, the possibility of privately created rooms.)
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #44
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
What is wrong with making a couple rule changes that will most likely stop the arguing and make everyone happier. And if it doesn't you can still remove the room.
Can you think of a set of rules that would not make the current situation worse if not any better?

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
Old 03-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #45
Jones
Account Banned

Its true that people can make private rooms but why not have one on getdare.
And this is kinda off topic but some what on topic. you should be able to have a multiple person private chat. So that if a few people do want to do whatever they can easily do that without bothering anyone.

Yes I have already mentioned the rules i think should be set in place multiple times. If you would like i will post them again.

Last edited by LilAngel; 03-23-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Closed Thread