Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

View Poll Results: Who would be interested in a verification system?
I think this could be a good idea 22 37.93%
I don't mind/not interested 16 27.59%
I'm against it (state why) 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 02:55 AM   #1
gentlemaster

Default Hunting the Fakes/ Verification process

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDIT 2/ PLEASE READ: FOR THE POLL, I FORGOT TO STATE THIS WOULD BE ESPECIALLY FOR THE SLAVE/MASTER AREA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I am especially talking about people in the Master/Slave Area looking for a relationship, this is just an idea but everybody do as they feel

Hi everyone. As many of you I'm sure have noticed by now, there are many many fakes polluting the site and thats a real pain in the a**... I've lost so much time building trust, taking times to find good dares etc etc ending up doing so for a fake..
I am really annoyed to the point that I'm becoming half paranoid and half completely pessimistic.

So my idea would be I hope quite simple. Any person who wants to be verified as real should send three pictures, no nude needed, no face needed, with its username, the name of the site and the date on a piece of paper in front of his body.

Any slave or any master should provide the same thing if her/his slave/master ask for it, otherwise this person could potentially be a fake

I don't know if a flair can be added to the verified profile but in the meantime I'm ready and willing to do the job of confirming who is a real, verified person.

I could do a thread listing all the people who I would have verified, so if anybody wants to try this let me know!

The pictures provided should:

-be clear
-with a good lightning
-clearly let me see if you're a female or male, and your approximate age

-Again, you don't need to be nude or show anything too revealing

Edit: As some stated, this isn't maybe 100% reliable but well it's better than nothing, it's not obligatory so everybody do as they want

EDIT 2/ PLEASE READ: FOR THE POLL, I FORGOT TO STATE THIS WOULD BE ESPECIALLY FOR THE SLAVE/MASTER AREA

I am very kinky and open minded. I always come up with a lot of ideas for training and plays
I'd say I'm sapiosexual, I like a smart kinky little sub

I'm your smart, kinky and hot Dom next door

Likes: Anal, Ass play, Holes stretching, Choking, Deepthroating, Gagging, Fisting, Ass-to-mouth, Pet play, DDLG, degradation.

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-16-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: More accurate
Old 06-16-2015, 04:33 AM   #2
OllyS

In what sense real (age/gender etc)? - everyone on here is a real person, they might not be who they say they are, but they are real

I'd have thought that if people were happy to verify those aspects with a third party on the board they would be happy to so directly

- edging/orgasm/clothing/exercise control, games, chastity
- anal, spanking, cbt, semi public
- cum eating, ruined orgasms
- public, face pics, blood, scat, illegal, underage

PM Dares
Old 06-16-2015, 04:36 AM   #3
gentlemaster

Well if a 14years old teenage boy say it's a 21 young girl who wants anal dares well that's a fake profile and that is really annoying. The person would keep lying and use other people pictures of pictures from the internet, like a catfish.
I don't want that to happen here

And yes but if they do directly well they're the only two people to know it, if a slave want to be verified, she's not gonna do it 100times for 100 masters, she do it just once here and then she's official for life
This is also intended for people to verify themselves!
If you're familair with reddit "gonewild" subbreddit, it's based on their verification system

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-16-2015 at 05:00 AM. Reason: More accurate
Old 06-16-2015, 05:07 AM   #4
OllyS

I think some sort of age verification would be good (but only to the extent of whether someone is over 18).

Everything else - caveat emptor - this is the internet, people aren't always who they say they are

- edging/orgasm/clothing/exercise control, games, chastity
- anal, spanking, cbt, semi public
- cum eating, ruined orgasms
- public, face pics, blood, scat, illegal, underage

PM Dares
Old 06-16-2015, 05:09 AM   #5
Dubs

Default Nope

First off, there was a similar discussion some days ago.
Similar but not the same.
Quite a few arguments would fit here.

My arguments are mainly about "Faking Gender and Verification of it", which I assume is your main point. But I am aware that people can be fake in more different ways. My arguments might touch different areas as well.

A lot of people don't want to send out any of their pictures, and this is okay. Maybe they are not happy with the way they look or they are just scared that someone COULD theoretically recognize them. Believe me, I send out only non-face pictures and make the background blurry, but since I know myself pretty good, there is constantly the fear that other people could easily recognize me as well. It always cost quite an effort to actually send or upload a picture! People don't just send pictures of themselves to people on websites with sexual content. NO matter if clothed or not.

Next problem. Photoshop. This might not be the biggest problem, but I suppose if you are really good with photoshop, it shouldn't be too hard to actually fake such pictures.
But how about crossdressers? Some crossdressers really can pass as females, if they are neither nude nor show their face. Therefore every somewhat passable crossdresser could be a verified female on this site. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
And no, it wouldn't be a good idea to tell someone: "Hey your body isn't feminine enough!" Simply because if it is actually a female with a slightly masculine body, it would just be an impolite dick move.
Genderfluid/Trans People?
Now, most Trans people have it written in their profile, and most genderfluid as well. But if they don't want to write it there, which they are free to do so, should we tell them "No, you are male, you look like a male!"? I highly doubt this would be a good idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemaster View Post
Any slave or any master should provide the same thing if her/his slave/master ask for it, otherwise this person would be considered as a fake.
I hope I understand this quote right.
You want people to provide evidence that they are the gender they pretend to be if their partner in their D/s relation asks them to, or otherwise they are considered fake?
So, if I go to my Mistress and ask her to send you the three pictures you want to verify her, and she doesn't want to, she should be considered as a fake? o.o What?

Also, Presumption of innocence. Pretty much this.
Again, someone might not want to prove their gender or whatever you want to verify.
Next, why should it matter to anyone apart from myself, if my Domme or my sub are fake or not? There are two (or more) people involved, who (usually) trust each other. No reason to involve anyone else. None of their business.

Furthermore you have a problem of inequality of genders right here. I can't consider myself a feminist for various reasons, but I believe that equality is important from a more physical point of view (Like, a pendulum won't stay up at one side, rather will find a state of balance).
Let's illustrate what I mean with an example:
I hang around in chat a lot, two new people join. SexyAlan and SexyAlice. Both ask for dares. Both just registered on this site. Let's assume noone in the chat know them so far. In SexyAlan's profile the Gender is male and in SexyAlice's accordingly female.
Now, people might doubt that SexxyAlan is actually sexy, but everyone would probably believe he is male.
SexyAlice is in a slightly worse position. There will be a lot of people who will believe she is sexy and a female and will spam her whispers trying to get something to fap to, but a lot of people would doubt that this person is actually female!
To sum it up, mostly females would require verification of Gender.

While writing and checking the forums, I saw you mentioned age.
No way you can properly confirm age with a body shot. I know people older than me who look younger than my little sister. Especially with a body picture, verifying age is an absurd idea.

And yes, Reddit has a verification system. But the use is different. It matters for Reddit because fake profiles might make announcements, pretending to be a professional organisation. For gD it just comes down, to knowing that the person you are fapping to is actually what that person pretends to be. They also don't confirm that Randomuser123 is actually a 45 old transexual, they confirm that GabeNewellBellevue is actually Lord Gaben.
You really can't compare this at all!

Finally, I completely agree, that it would be lovely to know who is fake and who is real.
But in my honest opinion there is more to the problem than "What female is actually female".
The problem is trust in general.
Just knowing someone is actually a female, doesn't mean that person actually did your task/dare or followed a rule or whatever.
You need to trust other people on here. Trust is anyway the most important aspect of a D/s relationship.
Not only you have to trust the task taker to actually do the task, that person also has to be aware of the fact that the task giver has to trust you. A lot of people who want tasks are not aware of this sadly.
(Note: If you take tasks and do the task, make sure to actually report, be detailed and show that you did the task! Don't pretend you did something, rather tell the person you can't do it because of some reasons, or you simply won't do it. That's better than actually pretending. Sadly too few people will read this, and act like this!)

Now some questions and small note:

Your verification seems onesided, although that might be because you are talking from your view point. Would you want a general verification for the rather dominant people as well?

Even if you wanted the task-giving people from gD to verify, why should they verify themselves? At least for the forum, I don't really see the reason for a task giver to verify themself, while someone who request tasks (and states female in their profile) will always be doubted.

PS: I wouldn't mind verifying myself and neither would I be sad if everyone was verified, but there might be no good way to implement this in gD.

How to gD Chat:

[22:10:51] dare girl567: i find dubs attractive not gonna lie
[22:11:53] sweetsong: i think most do?
[22:12:37] SweetTeen: ‹@dare girl567› ‹@sweetsong› id be gay for him
[22:13:14] dare girl567: ‹@SweetTeen› i feel like he'd be fun to fuck
[22:13:46] sweetsong: what a lucky dubs lol
Old 06-16-2015, 05:14 AM   #6
gentlemaster

To OllyS:
Well I don't really agree with you, age and gender verification is the minimum, It's too much of a struggle always asking if the person really is a girl and not just playing/trolling you and making you lose hours, days, weeks.

I think female lesbian slaves who are looking for a female domme and in the end are just being fooled by a horny teenager well that's really unfair and I'm sure for them quite disgusting and discouraging.

Maybe you're okay taking the risk but I find this a really weird choice

Edit: I am especially talking about Slave/Masters relationship and not really about just the dares, sorry for any misunderstanding

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-16-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:26 AM   #7
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

Let me be the first to welcome you to the internet.

As soon as verification is needed, the site will fall to death, I think a huge part wouldn't want to verify themselves and go find another site. People fake on the Internet, always have always will. Find a way to deal with it. I do that by just assuming everyone is real, sure might be dissapointed every now and then but overall it's more relaxt than constant worrying and doubting.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:37 AM   #8
gentlemaster

ToDubs:
Hi, first of all thank you for your very well written and interesting answer. I'm French and hope I do not do too many English mistakes.
I totally agree with most of what you say I will try to respond to what you highlighted:

I totally understand people who don't feel comfortable with their body and don't want to do that, yes I overreacted If I said they should be considered as fake, of course there is presumption of innocence.

But, in my idea I would be the one checking and I can assure you I would never judge someone on their physical appearance so there is no "Hey your body isn't feminine enough!" as you said and I would never upload something on the site so well nobody can recognize but eventually me (the odd are infinitesimal)

Your point about photoshop seems a bit too much to me, photoshopping a piece of paper in three different pictures with something written on it is something even professional would have hard time to do (I use photoshop a lot trust me)

Your point about crossdressing is really interesting but well if a guy wants to pass as a woman into crossdressing I don't see what's wrong about stating it, her verification would just be "man crossdressing as a woman" and there is nothing wrong about that.

Your point about the chat thing with sexxyAlan, well if it's in the chat or even in a Dare Thread I will be agreeing with OllyS saying "caveat emptor" you don't need to know if the person is real to just give dare, it's your own choice.
I thought about this more for the Slave/Master Area

Of course this is not one sided and as I just posted before I saw your post, The masters also should be okay if they're asked to be verified (happened to me and I was nearly glad than someone asked if I could verified myself)

So thank you very much for all your question, I can now be more precise about what I said

This would be general for all master, dom, submissives, slaves around here, and especially for the Master/Slaves area, not really for the getdare Dares, really sorry I did not made that clear earlier, my bad

This is intended to avoid catfish and troll for people trying to look for a real relationship with a real Male/Female Master or Male/female Slave

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-16-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:16 AM   #9
Dubs

After seeing videos like this or that, I believe anything is possible in photoshop. Although these two are rather obviously not real, but I hope you get my point.

If you mean mainly the Slave/Master Area, then I stick to the point I made.
It's a relationship, and it's only the business of the people involved. Usually if people are known, then they will get comments from other people stating that they are known and should be trusted.
I don't think there is a verification needed.
Also, personally I would never go into a D/s relationship without the other people confirming their identity, preferably on voice/cam!

How to gD Chat:

[22:10:51] dare girl567: i find dubs attractive not gonna lie
[22:11:53] sweetsong: i think most do?
[22:12:37] SweetTeen: ‹@dare girl567› ‹@sweetsong› id be gay for him
[22:13:14] dare girl567: ‹@SweetTeen› i feel like he'd be fun to fuck
[22:13:46] sweetsong: what a lucky dubs lol
Old 06-16-2015, 06:22 AM   #10
gentlemaster

Yes but that's part of my point! I lose so much time getting to know the other person and then i'm very good at busting fakes so I finally bust it and I'm furious because of the time I lost. So if someone is regularly posting but nobody know if he/she is who she/he is there is a long process of knowing the person etc before having the confirmation of the person really being the person.

You verify yourself once and then it's done, could be really fast and efficient hence my proposition
Old 06-16-2015, 08:03 AM   #11
techiegirl
Distinguished Member

But I know several females on this site who don't want to verify themselves as female to the masses.

If you get to know them, then yeah, they might send you a picture or a recording of their voice, but making it a public verification would push a lot of people away who aren't fake.

Many people are just uncomfortable with their body, myself included. The pictures I've posted have been on my own terms and not because I wanted to prove I was female.

Although I understand why you proposed this idea because fakes on this site are bountiful, the long run will just push away people who aren't comfortable showing themselves to strangers.

21~F~Brat
Likes and Such
[23:52:04] RiskyFlame: techiegirl is very real
#modapproved

Old 06-16-2015, 08:41 AM   #12
gentlemaster

Yes I agree that's why I added that it's not obligatory, you don't have to do it, it is just an idea, people who really want to prove they're real can do it but if you don't want to you don't have to.

And again I personally don't care about physical appearance and a simple photo wearing let's say a t shirt and jeans without a face is not extremely hard to do.

But I think of the girls who gets a ton of messages from guys well that could help them choose more easily if they'd know right away which guy is certified to be really who he say he is.

This is really just to help people and avoid them to lose time and hope just getting fooled by fakes
Old 06-16-2015, 08:46 AM   #13
at your service

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
But I know several females on this site who don't want to verify themselves as female to the masses.

If you get to know them, then yeah, they might send you a picture or a recording of their voice, but making it a public verification would push a lot of people away who aren't fake.

Many people are just uncomfortable with their body, myself included. The pictures I've posted have been on my own terms and not because I wanted to prove I was female.

Although I understand why you proposed this idea because fakes on this site are bountiful, the long run will just push away people who aren't comfortable showing themselves to strangers.
it seems to me he clearly said that the pics are not gonna be made public, just the fact that you're the age and sex (or gender) you say you are

however I get some people still wouldn't go in for that, but that's when you just keep scrolling

disgrace, cum, anal (stretch), ice, cbt, bondage, hidden public, candlewax, cam etc.
dislikes
piss, hard pain, light scat, atm, light blood, edging, toothpaste, shaving, hard cbt
limits
face (depends on situation), online exp., blackmail/social, public visible, permanent, very bloody, hard scat/shiteating, cost $, too extreme/long/painful
Old 06-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #14
gentlemaster

Yes I volunteered to judge by myself so I would be the only person seeing the pictures and then putting up a list of verified people.

Seems a simple but efficient idea to me
Old 06-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #15
techiegirl
Distinguished Member

But then everyone is supposed to just take your word for it?

This seems like just a way for you to verify everyone is who they say they are before you invest time in them. If that's the case, make it a requirement for people to send you a proof photo before you play with them.

21~F~Brat
Likes and Such
[23:52:04] RiskyFlame: techiegirl is very real
#modapproved

Closed Thread

Tags
fake, fakes, flair, real, verification