Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Default Resident Evil Vs It's movies

Just seen a RE Movie and To be frank, it was terrible. How can a game be so much better than the movie?
Does anyone else agree the movies do seem some what lacking and the games brilliant. Or do some like the movies?
It seems very much the games are the books like in the harry potter franchise. Liking the movies without the books is a big no no just like RE without the game the movies seem far better
Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 AM   #2
b00gity

Quote:
How can a game be so much better than the movie?
A game is interactive- you decide the outcome. It is a more enveloping experience.

A game is longer so can flesh out storylines, character development, atmosphere, etc.

It's like you said, a book is also (99/100) better than a movie.
b00gity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:21 AM   #3
juggernaut_lloyd

Send a message via MSN to juggernaut_lloyd

to be honest , i played the extinction game and was like shit this game is so not good , watched every resident movie there is , the newest one is not as good as the others , but imo , i think the RE franchise are one of the best around aggh milla jovovich is so hot too D:
ok: risky, nude outdoor, school/college, piss, cum play
hates: poo , messy, wedgie,
looking for a mistress , so add me on skype:lloydeh123 , kik: lloydehtbh, snapchat: lloydeh

ASK ME ANYTHING <3
juggernaut_lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
b00gity

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut_lloyd View Post
but imo , i think the RE franchise are one of the best around
Care to expand on this- why do you believe they are the best around?
b00gity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
juggernaut_lloyd

Send a message via MSN to juggernaut_lloyd

for me the story lines are unpredicitive , always ahve kept me intrested throught out , where most fail and i skip forward etc or loose intrest
ok: risky, nude outdoor, school/college, piss, cum play
hates: poo , messy, wedgie,
looking for a mistress , so add me on skype:lloydeh123 , kik: lloydehtbh, snapchat: lloydeh

ASK ME ANYTHING <3
juggernaut_lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #6
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

ive played most of the games, and watched all the movies... just on principal. i enjoy undead and zombie movies and games.

i didnt watch twilight on principal that im over the age of 18, they fucked up my vampires, and im not a moron. if you liked twilight, go sparkle somewhere else.

but yes we are talking Resident Evil

downside to most of the games, the piss poor invitory system, the fixed camra angles, the fact that you can beat most of the badguys by slowly walking backwords and shooting, ect...

but the story and character development there is where the games actualy shine. in the games its one guy vs the mutated zombie hord. no super powers, no half infected state. just run and gun, herb smoking fun. and the story was all about the survival horror, exploring the umbralla house, trying to excape racoon city, ect.

now in the games they did have super mutants, albert, victoria, nemmisses, the tyrent. but you never got to play one.

now in the movies, i liked the first one, its something someone would do, hire a bunch of goons and go explore the hive, it fit the story line.

the retelling of the game resedent evil 3:nemmisses was not needed, alice was now super powered. in the game jill killed nemmisses with a huge laser with no super powers. why did it need to come down to a one on one fight between nemmisses and alice? it was not bad, but when your hero is so so much stronger then the zombies, the move loses that feeling of the game.

movie number 3 - 4... garbage pure and simple... end of humanity, cruseing in a convoy killing zombies looking for a safe place...
them taking away alices super powers as an appology for giving her them in the first place. throwing in albert even though he had nothing to do with the prevous movies whatsoever..

i meen albert kickes ass lol but

Last edited by MasterPain; 01-27-2011 at 08:35 AM.
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut_lloyd View Post
for me the story lines are unpredicitive , always ahve kept me intrested throught out , where most fail and i skip forward etc or loose intrest
One of the features of RE is that it is predicable but you love it regardless.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
fromo
Distinguished Member

Theres very few good video game based movies saddly.

The movies seem to get worse as they go on, but that being said, I've never thought that the cgi films where to bad.

Tbh, the games have lost what they once had, I RE5 was just plain awful, it wasn't survival horror, It was just another shooter.
Will find a vessel in the paleblood moon..."

My Current Add Searching For A Sub:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=431569
fromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #9
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromo View Post
Theres very few good video game based movies saddly.

The movies seem to get worse as they go on, but that being said, I've never thought that the cgi films where to bad.

Tbh, the games have lost what they once had, I RE5 was just plain awful, it wasn't survival horror, It was just another shooter.
Trying telling me that at 3 in the morning when playing the DLC in the mansion. Trust me it is most defiantly scary and on Professional it is a survival game.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:53 AM   #10
fromo
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Harkness View Post
Trying telling me that at 3 in the morning when playing the DLC in the mansion. Trust me it is most defiantly scary and on Professional it is a survival game.
I never bothered with the dlc, I didn't enjoy the main game enough to buy it, I would mind play the one thats coming out for the 3ds, if I get one, looks alot more like the original luckily. ^^

Personly for up to date survival horror now though, I tend to play dead space, new ones great.
Will find a vessel in the paleblood moon..."

My Current Add Searching For A Sub:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=431569
fromo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk