Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 07-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
123wedgieking

Default Bondage Advice

A friend of mine and I have been talking for a while, and as of late, the possibility of a meet up has come more and more likely. One of her kinks is bondage, and I'd really like to impress her with that. That's where the problem lies, though. The closets I've come to tying with a rope would either be fishing or tying my shoes.
If anyone has any advice at all, it would be more than greatly appreciated. I would really prefer to avoid being in the moment and having to spend fifteen minutes trying to get her arms tied together, and I would hate it if I ended up goofing up and hurting her with a bad tie.
If the meet up occurs, it wouldn't be for months if not a year or more, but I figured I would be better off taking the learning slow and really perfecting things before hand, so I can be smooth and as close to flawless as possible.
If anyone has some videos or instructions (seeing it really helps me, I'm bad at learning from words alone) on how to do some of the more basic things, such as different cuffs and knots, and how to tie clean looking knots and make it pretty, it would be greatly appreciated. A few different ties that are more intricate would also be nice.
I have three lengths of rope, one maybe twenty-five-ish feet, one twenty-ish feet, and one ten or fifteen-ish. Sadly, I have no one to practice on, though I do have myself or any common house hold items that might work. I'm going to assume that there won't be any ceiling anchor points available, so things that use one wouldn't really be viable. Things like bedposts and table legs would be available though, I assume.
Thanks in advance to all replies, anything will help.

PS) She's also into spanking, and any bits of advice on what implements would be save and what wouldn't would be helpful.

Last edited by 123wedgieking; 07-12-2014 at 09:54 PM.
123wedgieking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
SageLeech
Longtime User

Your in luck I doesn't most the day researching Sabari and learning knots. Here are a few links to get you started. I did the first one around my ankle. If you can sit cross legged and still tie you could use both legs for the second. (My rope wasn't long enough)
http://naturallytwisted.co/community...le-column-tie/
http://naturallytwisted.co/community...le-column-tie/
I would suggest doing these on your skin a few times so you know how your rope feels especially when it is sliding on your skin.
Here is a more advanced technique.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=taTF1frSooQ
The also suggested are also worth browsing depending on how into it you want to get.
For spanking I would say start with your hand. If something more is needed a wooden spoon works wonders. Hair brushes are nice as well.

Likes,Dislikes,Limits
My Tools

PM Dares

KIK: ieech
Twitter: @SageSwitches
SageLeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
123wedgieking

Thank you for the links! I'll watch the videos now and get to practicing them when I can.
I just found this website called ropespace.com that has some tutorials on a few simple ties, like the Somerville Bowline knot, the Reverse Tension knot (along with a few variations of it), and the Futomomo. It also has a quick tutorial on how to prevent your rope from fraying and how to coil it so you have a neat coil that, when a specific loop is pulled, will uncoil and not have knots.
I'm gonna start practicing, and anything else would be wonderful!
123wedgieking is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk