Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 06-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
peaceful_soul
Account Banned

Smile A few suggestions.

I just thought of a few suggestions for the M/S forum. I don't know if this is the right location for this posting, but if its not please excuse me.

1. When submitting an ad, I always thought it might be a good idea to add another option to the choosing to what is best to describe someone, by adding "mistress" to the menu option. I understand that it means the same thing as Master but it may seem a little more appropriate for females.

2. I think the option "no limits" may seem a bit misleading or misunderstood, as due to the fact that it would be hard to believe that someone has no limits, and it sets up the ad to be taken for a joke and might be advertising to people who might not be taking the idea of being a Master/Slave seriously. If the "no limits" option is their to show people that the person does not yet know his/her limits, then maybe the option should be changed to, "limits unknown".

3. Let say one has set up a good ad and his/her ad has a lot of potential to finding someone serious. Well if that person does not get any responses due to the fact that his/her ad was pushed down a few pages due to peoples ads who are only short and are not taking the time to write or read what a good ad is made of (not saying this is always necessarily the case) but that advertiser will need to wait another month for this ad to be advertised again, to avoid this problem, maybe the person who has set up the ad could pm a staff member and would like to have the staff member bump up the ad after the staff member sees that the ad has potential to attract people who are going to take his/her ad seriously, limiting one or two free bumps per ad before waiting again for an entire month.

I put in my two cents in lol. Let me know what you all think.

Got a question or looking for a friend?
my inbox is alway open PM me
*Interesting individuals welcome.*

"Life to too short to be taken seriously."

-Oscar Wilde

Last edited by peaceful_soul; 06-13-2010 at 07:35 PM.
peaceful_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
Redx000x

This will probably get moved to the getDare.com section, or maybe the S/M Lounge. But that's up to a mod.

Anyway, my two cents!
1) You can specify gender, so it is redundant to to add Mistress to the menu.

2) I ignore anyone who says "no limits" because everyone has limits >.> I do believe there is even a thread that Cloe started in the lounge on this. So yeah, I agree with you on this one.

3) There is the S/M Ads of the Month Sticky which serves this purpose. And if you have a good ad, there are plenty of people who are going to reply saying so, effectively keeping your ad on the first few pages.

ASL: 18/m/USA
Limits: Permanent, family, public, garbage, scat
Redx000x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #3
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Moved to the Suggestion Zone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceful_soul View Post
1. When submitting an ad, I always thought it might be a good idea to add another option to the choosing to what is best to describe someone, by adding "mistress" to the menu option. I understand that it means the same thing as Master but it may seem a little more appropriate for females.
This has been suggested before and it seems that there will never be any solution that will please everyone. Sure, I guess "Mistress" could be added... but then again there are lots of female dominants who do not like to be called that way... But personally, I have no objection with editing thread titles to make it more to the liking of some users when they request it via PM to me.

Quote:
2. I think the option "no limits" may seem a bit misleading or misunderstood, as due to the fact that it would be hard to believe that someone has no limits, and it sets up the ad to be taken for a joke and might be advertising to people who might not be taking the idea of being a Master/Slave seriously. If the "no limits" option is their to show people that the person does not yet know his/her limits, then maybe the option should be changed to, "limits unknown".
This has also been suggested recently and I'm still in favor of taking this one out completely. I agree that it is very misleading. However other options such as "limits unknown" etc. goes without saying in my opinion... These are things that should be discussed once you've contacted someone and done in private anyway...

But hey one thing about the "no limits" thingy I liked when I was searching the ads section a few years ago was that it helped me skim through the ads a bit more easily as I knew who not to take seriously

Quote:
3. Let say one has set up a good ad and his/her ad has a lot of potential to finding someone serious. Well if that person does not get any responses due to the fact that his/her ad was pushed down a few pages due to peoples ads who are only short and are not taking the time to write or read what a good ad is made of (not saying this is always necessarily the case) but that advertiser will need to wait another month for this ad to be advertised again, to avoid this problem, maybe the person who has set up the ad could pm a staff member and would like to have the staff member bump up the ad after the staff member sees that the ad has potential to attract people who are going to take his/her ad seriously, limiting one or two free bumps per ad before waiting again for an entire month.
Like it's been said, I've already put up a stickie to bring more attention on good posts in the S/M Area. I'm always open to other suggestions and see what can possibly done in there. But to be perfectly honest, I don't like the idea of receiving PMs asking to bump ads because I can see how some members would abuse it or get pissy if we decide not to do so... It's already subjective enough to read through the ads and decide which to include in the stickie...

I know I repeat this very often but I also would hope that users would depend a little less on both mods to do their research in general (there has been lots of different requests and suggestions in that direction as of late) and on advertising only to try to find their partners... Advertising is, in reality, just one tool among many others to find someone, and often not the most reliable one.

I'm still very open to hear people's suggestions when it comes to help people in their search but as far as bumping goes I just don't think it would help much and would possibly frustrate those who would be denied that privilege.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote