Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-25-2016, 01:22 PM   #31
The Slutty Princess

Here is another book I have chosen, feel free to read it and share your review!
Story: One Silent Night

Also, please share what stories you would prefer to read! I'd like to gauge what everyone is interested in.

I do not have a Master nor do I want one.

I'm a blogger! Follow my life through my blog! I blog about sex, dares, advice, and life events!

My Blog

7/8/16 <3

"Everyone comes with scars but you can love them away!"
The Slutty Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:19 PM   #32
MasterDaddy02
getDare Sweetheart

Default Re: Review Of One Silent Night:

My Thoughts

This story starts out with that imagine of how a poor young woman, who is named Mia, is working as a waitress. And doing whatever she must do at this diner to make enough money to take care of her little sister who is named Nikita. The diner where she works out, the owner is an asshole who uses his power and that control, to get or try to get sex favorites from his waitresses. Mia, walks to and from work, since she doesn't have a car. She must take her mother's place and was rape by her stepfather at the age of thirteen. Her sister Nikita, was from stepfather and her mother. Her sister has Cancer and is dying. Mia, holds secrets inside until she meets Carters and he slowly moves to get them out of her. Carter, becomes her shinning armour and falls in love with Mia. They end up supporting each other in that emptiness that leads to pure love and the romantic ending to happiness for one another.

The story does start out sad in the beginning and the writer does have trouble with word proof in her writing of this story. The base in the making of the story is very good as the foundation which is very solid. That first love making is pure so very beautiful for the both of them. This is a very good story that all should read slowly and not rush through it.

Clothing control, orgasm control, orgasm denial, degrading, edging, humiliation,
bondage, toothpaste, ice,
cold showers, role play, spanking, and corner time.

No thing great is created suddenly,
anymore than a bunch of grapes
or a fig. If you tell me that you
desire a fig. I answer you that there
must be time. Let it first bloom,
then bear fruit, then ripen.

On Patience
By:
Epictetus
MasterDaddy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to MasterDaddy02 for this post:
Old 03-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #33
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Review of the story One Silent Night by hornypixy

I have a mixed review. I feel this story has potential. The outline was decent enough for the most part. It could have had a little more. The descriptions were the same. When it came to the body of the story, the details, it fell short.

Perhaps this story was a rough draft. There were a few descriptions that didn't make sense or flow and could have been left out.

It seemed I was reading someone daydreaming about their fantasy.

Daydreams are like rough drafts in the moment.

The intimate moments were kind of boring because it seemed like it was trying to build you up to a crescendo, but the descriptions didn't help. The progression didn't flow well. I was trying to get into it and imagine it as I read it, but it didn't seem realistic. The kissing needs to be conveyed better if there is going to be a lot written about it. Licking the corner of a mouth a couple of times, describing most of the elicited pleasure as moans, and aroused nipples repeatedly as nubs doesn't do it for me.

Carter was portrayed as the more experienced one and Mia the opposite. The writing didn't correspond with this; it made them both seem inexperienced. It felt like this story was trying to be a romantic story, but it came off a little as cliché and a little predictable. I'd like to read something more memorable.

It could have been more tasteful with the romance. He meets her twice and gets too familiar with his speech at one point and just too soon in general. And then he tells her he loves her, and he has loved for her two years watching a sexy mysterious lady walk by his place from his upstairs window, who he hadn't met and whose face he hasn't seen until just a few weeks ago. Seems like lust to me.

Sure I understand that he needs to feel important, but I wish it didn't seem like he got the validation of his self-worth from Mia. If he was as good as his character was trying to be portrayed and actually got out of the house and spent time teaching, among friends, and living, instead of slowly wasting away from self-pity, I'm sure he wouldn't have a hard time finding someone then also. Sure he has a crutch and military knee injury, but he's not like an injured animal that needs to be taken care of. People can look beyond the injury and still love him.

In the following passages when "he admired the curve of her back, his gaze starting at the low-rise jeans she was wearing. His eyes were drawn again and again to the little dimple just above the hem of her jeans. One way or another, he was going to have his mouth on that little dip in her skin. When she was better. When she was better, and when she trusted him" and "he could, and would, be patient, until she learned to trust her heart and love him back," I felt he thought that he had already won her, but in the end it's her choice too. If she leaves, then what? It seemed like he was trying to persuade her to his will, taking no account of hers, coaxing her to love him.

As I said, I believe the story has a decent foundation that needs a better structure on top of it. I'm happy it was sort of a happy story and that the little sister's cancer may have gone into remission or that she may miraculously be cancer free. If one thing was a little farfetched, I would want it to be that.

The one loose end that comes to mind is that Mia's predicament with the status of her citizenship wasn't addressed further. How can she testify against her aggressor without him revealing her illegal status? Perhaps they could see if it is possible for her to ask for asylum if she reveals the whole truth including her mother, herself and possibly what may have happened to her sister given his repeated immoral and illegal conduct. He married her mother, but instead of going through the process of getting a passport, marriage visa, and subsequent paperwork, he somehow managed to smuggle her in the country without that. It kinda makes the marriage pointless. He didn't have to marry her to hold that over her head. Was he trying to hold anything, as many things, over her head as he could to make her feel as if there was no choice? And even though I wish her mother's life went a better way, I'm glad that the future for her children shows a possibility of light. And in that way, her life and death was not all for naught.

I look forward to seeing the writer's continued improvement. As with any craft, the quest for improvement is a neverending journey ~ an unlimited evolution with the infinite miraculousness of many great works.

I look forward to creating my stories as well, and know I will need an ever-constant practice and faith.

As for story suggestions, one of mine would be to have a story more suited to this site. Even a little educational for newbies like me or of different ranges. I don't think that means the destruction of the plot.

Also I've got a couple of story suggestions from others as well, which I've been too busy to check more thoroughly as of yet.

One is a series by rivertown_rat entited A Correspondence with Sharon
https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

Another is Teacher Training by subby999uk
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=225361

Feel free to make more suggestions as you wish. I wonder what we all will choose to read next.

Good night,
~Joan

Last edited by Joan Sky; 03-29-2016 at 07:02 PM.
Joan Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Joan Sky for this post:
Old 03-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #34
The Slutty Princess

Contains Spoilers!

My thoughts and review on: One Silent Night

Like Joansky, I too have mixed feelings about the story.
I have read my fair share of love stories and this was certainly different. Most sex stories are quite lousy, jumping right to the passionate sex but I greatly enjoyed the large amount of detail the author had put in the preamble of the story. From the start, the author explained the connection between Carter and Mia.

The author did a great job providing detail in most of the scenes though a few of the scenes could have used more detail. On the other hand, a few of the scenes contained too much detail that took away from the love and the lust of the scene. Overall, I'll admit, the story did make me wet. She did a great job in describing the fine detail, I could feel Mia's uncertainty, the passion, and her desire all through the love scenes.
Overall, like any story, it has its flaws but I still would highly recommend the story, especially if you are fan of love and lust.
(I apologize for the short review, I have a small headache)

Thank you for the suggestions Joansky!

I'm a blogger! Follow my life through my blog! I blog about sex, dares, advice, and life events!

My Blog

7/8/16 <3

The following user says Thank You to The Slutty Princess for this post:
Old 04-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #35
sexyzexy2

Default Hello

Hope its not to late but I would like to join in
sexyzexy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #36
The Slutty Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyzexy2 View Post
Welcome! It's not too late. The book club is open to anyone that wishes to join!

My Blog

7/8/16 <3

Old 04-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #37
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyzexy2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slutty Princess View Post
Welcome! It's not too late. The book club is open to anyone that wishes to join!
Welcome sexyzexy2
I'm happy to hear you are joining us. Thank you.
I look forward to hearing your perspective on the stories we read together.
Have a great day.
~Joan
Old 04-16-2016, 05:44 AM   #38
Abhean

I would like to join in as well!

Into edging and cum control, switch!
Abhean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:55 AM   #39
MasterDaddy02
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhean View Post

Welcome and I hope you can add some great views as well to the stories!
The best part is from each one take on a story!

MasterDaddy02

Clothing control, orgasm control, orgasm denial, degrading, edging, humiliation,
bondage, toothpaste, ice,
cold showers, role play, spanking, and corner time.

No thing great is created suddenly,
anymore than a bunch of grapes
or a fig. If you tell me that you
desire a fig. I answer you that there
must be time. Let it first bloom,
then bear fruit, then ripen.

On Patience
By:
Epictetus
MasterDaddy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #40
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDaddy02 View Post
Welcome and I hope you can add some great views as well to the stories!
The best part is from each one take on a story!

MasterDaddy02
Welcome Abhean

I look forward to reviewing with you. I appreciate the expression of your desire, and your eagerness, to participate. Thank you. Feel free to suggest stories you would like to be considered.
Have a good day.

Respectfully,
Joan

Last edited by Joan Sky; 04-17-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:13 AM   #41
thewilds
Distinguished Member

Time to add Sorority Sisters by Blood by SarahSarah!
thewilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:40 PM   #42
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewilds View Post
Time to add Sorority Sisters by Blood by SarahSarah!
Sorority Sisters by Blood (chapters 7 - 20) it is then. For the newer members, if you review the earlier posts, we've already reviewed the first six chapters, but you can read them and include them in your review if you would like.

Thank you for your suggestion tw. Excellent choice from an excellent author. I look forward to it and to reading your review.

Good night,
~Joan
Old 05-08-2016, 05:49 AM   #43
thewilds
Distinguished Member

Spoiler alerts in this section. Go read the story by SarahSarah "Sorority Sister's by Blood"
It is another great one and worth your read.

SarahSarah is a wonderful writer. She manages to escalate the level as each chapter from the previous one. In this story, there is the friction between the two sisters Mia and Steph. There is an awkward physical encounter with the two, and then following there is an underlying tension between the two that is unresolved. We can only imagine and only suspect the older sister Steph might be somewhat of a house legend, that and her younger sister Mia might just overtake that title!
There is some shock value along the way. With this story completed, I hope sarahsarah is able to return to her other work in progress! I am looking forward to it!
thewilds is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to thewilds for this post:
Old 05-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #44
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Umm I'll join, why not?

Edit: This is a review of the entire story, not just 7-20

SPOILERS CONTAIN SPOILERS

As for Sorority Sisters by Blood goes, even though most would think it's a little extreme. It works well with the context of the story, which many writers don't seem to be able to do with a story that has a lot of sexual nature.

Usually the storyline has nothing but sex. Sarah did a excellent job at overcoming the challenge and kept the storyline in line with what was going on.

I also like how even though the story had some very minor incest, it was very natural and flowed together nicely. It wasn't done just to be done and fit into the story well.

Spoiler:
Along with the edgy scenes with the girls videos which also fit very nicely and again worked well with the story.

Along with those, she covered a lot of extreme topics and it flowed and was done incredibly well with not too little detials but not too many detials either.

The only issue I really have is you can see some typos and I felt it was kinda distracting to the eye. (There isn't a lot, the typos is a very minor amount.)

And I feel maybe it could've been edited a bit more to avoid the typo issue.

Overall it is a good story. Like I said, my only issue is the typo issue which is a very minor issue.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.

Last edited by LitDarkness; 05-09-2016 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Added a review, the spoiler contains a spoiler.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to LitDarkness for this post:
Old 05-13-2016, 06:44 PM   #45
The Slutty Princess

Firstly, I apologize for not posting on here in a very long time, I’ve been way too busy to sit down and read. Despite this, I make sure to find time to read “Sorority Sisters by Blood” with every update. Here is my review on it! Please feel free to add your comments!

Review of “Sorority Sisters by Blood” (Chapters 7-20) by sarahsarah

To start off, I have read hundreds of erotic stories. I have read numerous stories on hazing but this one seems to trump them all. I think it’d be an understatement to say this is one of the better stories I have read, rather this is one of the BEST stories I have read. Sarah is an amazing author! She bedazzles me with each and every chapter! I sometimes wonder how the story can get better but the next chapter always blows me away. The story features so dirty, erotic stuff but Sarah incorporates it all quite well. It seems as though she includes a kink that every person can enjoy. Her details amaze me. With each action, I can envision it in my head. Honestly, it's an amazing fantasy that hits close to home. After reading the chapters, I lay in my bed and envision Mia and Steph and the other girls. I replace the characters with my own, my own friends, my own sister. Keep up your amazing work Sarah and if you haven’t read the story yet, I’d strongly recommend it! The story will for sure keep you wet! (Or hard!)

My Blog

7/8/16 <3

The following 2 users say Thank You to The Slutty Princess for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk