Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Kink and Education

Old 07-10-2019, 07:53 PM   #1
Dragonscrolls

Default A question for you masters/mistresses

I have some questions for all you masters and mistresses. What do you look for in a slave/sub? What has worked the best for you to find that person? I’m thinking about starting to search for my own sub but I’m not really sure how where to start to find what I’m looking for. Any advice would be great!
Dragonscrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 AM   #2
Everill
getDare Devil

I think the biggest thing to look for in a sub is compatability. Not every sub is perfect for every dom and vice versa.

Before looking for a sub I would recomend just getting to know some people first. You can do this by replying to threads in the requests section and the ama section. Once you've started to talk to someone over Pms, kik and other messaging things (which will happen naturally) you can try giving them a private dare or two to test how comfortable they are with you and how compatable you two are. Afterwards if you think that you're both compatable then you try asking if they're looking for a dom or they may even ask if you're looking for a sub.

Of course not every sub is looking for a dom or is going to be compatable with your methods of domination. The basic gist of it is that it's going to happen more naturally than you think it will.

Also for the subs, if someone trying to get you know you it doesn't mean that they want to dom you.

Also never just PM someone asking to dom them, that's just annoying.

Master of chaotic energies in atleast 9 of the dimensions

Kinks

Blog O' Rules

Information

Dice Dares

Ultimate kink list

UwU what's this

Everill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:12 AM   #3
MissSabrina

Defiantly communication! You need to understand your sub’s likes and limits, but if that isn’t communicated properly then it might cause some confusion when it comes to tasks and punishments. But also communicating with them as a person, getting to know them outside of kink.

Speaking from experience, if it seems like a sub doesn’t put any effort in when it comes to wanting to be your sub, then they’re probably not worth putting in the effort to try and make your sub. This is one of the biggest mistakes I made when I was starting out in kink, I just took any sub who offered his submission without actually getting to know him. I can’t tell you how much time I wasted on half-assed ‘slave’s’ who only liked the idea of submission.

It’s also important to find someone who is compatible with you and shares similar likes. This will make the submission much more enjoyable for the both of you.

Personally, the traits I look for in a sub is someone who is obedient and good at following rules, and someone who is passionate about serving a dom. I have been most successful with finding slaves on getDare, it’s where I find almost all of my long term subs.

I hope this helps, and good luck in your search!

♡ Kik: MistressSabrinaa ♡

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=88489
MissSabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
Dragonscrolls

That makes a lot of sense. I agree that communication would be a big part of this type of dynamic.

MissSabrina, you talked about time you wasted on “half-assed” subs. What have you found works for weeding out “half-assed” subs from genuine subs?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
MissSabrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonscrolls View Post
That makes a lot of sense. I agree that communication would be a big part of this type of dynamic.

MissSabrina, you talked about time you wasted on “half-assed” subs. What have you found works for weeding out “half-assed” subs from genuine subs?
The most obvious sign that a sub is half assed is when they message you with “hi” or “hey”. I know it sounds pretty far fetched but I stopped talking to people who replied like that and I managed to avoid some really lazy people.

When you make an ad looking for a slave you could tell them to describe themselves in a few paragraphs. This will separate the lazy subs who don’t want to write, from the subs who want to impress and be obedient.

♡ Kik: MistressSabrinaa ♡

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=88489
MissSabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:34 PM   #6
Dragonscrolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSabrina View Post
The most obvious sign that a sub is half assed is when they message you with “hi” or “hey”. I know it sounds pretty far fetched but I stopped talking to people who replied like that and I managed to avoid some really lazy people.

When you make an ad looking for a slave you could tell them to describe themselves in a few paragraphs. This will separate the lazy subs who don’t want to write, from the subs who want to impress and be obedient.
Thank you so much MissSabrina! I will definitely do that when I start making an ad. I really appreciate the advice.

Advertisements
Kink Talk