Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

View Poll Results: Who would be interested in a verification system?
I think this could be a good idea 22 37.93%
I don't mind/not interested 16 27.59%
I'm against it (state why) 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 12:49 PM   #31
Volt Switch

"No no no please.. Don't force me to do the math.. This is not a valid argument.. IT IS totally impossible. Me, a random French guy, would recognize someone from what.. a shape? it's like saying yes I'm sure it's her I recognize her shadow.. And what would I do with that? Anyway.."

Like I said, theoretical chance. What the chances are? Probably smaller than chances to get hit by a meteorite. Still, there is that tiny chance that your neighbour would register and you'd be the one seeing it. Just the thought of that possibly happening is enough to push some people away from it.

And I am not comparing pictures to real names. I am just saying that there is a reason people like being anonymous in a place like this. Pictures (just like giving out a real name) ruin this anonymity, whether or not you recognise someone or not.

Likes orgasm denial, teasing, pain, spanking
Dislikes penetration, writing lines, wedgies
Interested in being a little, anal
Limits edging, permanent, pics/video/audio, public, pee, poop
Old 06-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #32
gentlemaster

Yes, but your comparing two things you can't compare, anonymity and stating gender and preference (sub/dom). People ALREADY say if they are Male or Female or Sub and Dom so your argument is still not valid, this will not add an info, this would just confirm one! Do you understand?

EDIT: and you still don't have to do it, it's not an obligation. And sorry but no the chances are none for me to recognize someone even if it was my own sister i'm sorry

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-16-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM   #33
Volt Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemaster View Post
Yes, but your comparing two things you can't compare, anonymity and stating gender and preference (sub/dom). People ALREADY say if they are Male or Female or Sub and Dom so your argument is still not valid, this will not add an info, this would just confirm one! Do you understand?
Yes, I do understand and my point stands. Those who already want to do this do it with their partner privately without a third party involved. Those who don't want to do it wouldn't do it through this either. I don't care if people want to do that, but I do understand where those who don't like doing it are coming from. A lot on this site is based on anonymity, and like I said, sending pictures of yourself to a random user ruins that. Whether or not it matters is debatable, but I am still quite sure that plenty of legitimate people would be pushed away since they simply don't feel comfortable with it.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #34
gentlemaster

Really? I don't think so. People who don't want to do it just don't do it but nobody is pushing nobody. And as for the people verify themselves between each other I agree with you but I responded to that, if someone can get verified once for all, why shouldn't it be? Choose between verifying a hundred time for different people or once for all, I would prefer to get verified once for all
Old 06-16-2015, 01:04 PM   #35
Volt Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemaster View Post
Really? I don't think so. People who don't want to do it just don't do it but nobody is pushing nobody. And as for the people verify themselves between each other I agree with you but I responded to that, if someone can get verified once for all, why shouldn't it be? Choose between verifying a hundred time for different people or once for all, I would prefer to get verified once for all
Have you ever heard of peer pressure? Because that is what I am referring to here. There doesn't need to be a person up in your face saying 'you need to verify', just the fact that it might be expected (again, intentionally or not) causes pressure on people to do it. Therefore people who feel uncomfortable with it will be pushed away.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:06 PM   #36
exposemenaked

Default p r o o f

I agree with him 100%
Whats wrong with at least knowing the gender of the other person your online/playing with? He's not asking for "full exposure" or anything remotely close. For me a simple phone call to hear a females voice makes a huge difference in the time spent with them. Why do people (maj guys) have to fake being females? They are afraid someone might notice they are actually interested in the same sex? I think it would be just as weird that someone noticed they are pretending to be female.
It's a " better than nothing" scenario.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:32 PM   #37
NoMercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by exposemenaked View Post
Whats wrong with at least knowing the gender of the other person your online/playing with?
You don't even show your gender. Nor age, likes, limits or literally anything in your profile. Ironic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exposemenaked View Post
He's not asking for "full exposure" or anything remotely close.
Your username is expose me naked. Ironic.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #38
Gyev

I have other idea, maybe was already mentioned here. Why just people, who are afraid of being tricked, cannot put in signature - near all likes and dislikes list - an information:

I want you to prove me that you are you.

And everyone will individually choose what prefers.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:41 PM   #39
techiegirl
Distinguished Member

All the women I have talked to on this site are against this.

All verification would do is cause more pressure on women to prove they are female, when some people just don't want to do that.

I agree with Gyev. If you want someone to have to verify they are who they say they are, then do that privately and on your own terms, don't offer that to the masses because all that will happen is more people will feel like they have to do it.

21~F~Brat
Likes and Such
[23:52:04] RiskyFlame: techiegirl is very real
#modapproved

Old 06-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #40
sluttylexi
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
All the women I have talked to on this site are against this.

All verification would do is cause more pressure on women to prove they are female, when some people just don't want to do that.

I agree with Gyev. If you want someone to have to verify they are who they say they are, then do that privately and on your own terms, don't offer that to the masses because all that will happen is more people will feel like they have to do it.
Hey My name is Alex, i'm a girl, and i'm totally behind this.

I'm a girl I'm 18 and I have no toys
Limits: Blood, Scat, Public, Extreme Pain, Illegal, pics

I've taken an oath at church to never masturbate. This means I won't orgasm OR edge, thanks for understanding
Old 06-16-2015, 02:29 PM   #41
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

But...why should you be the one to have verification sent to?
Why should I trust you with a photo of me, even clothed and no face?

You're talking about trust and you can be trusted with these verification photos..how do I know you're not lying?

I don't know you at all. What happens if we don't get along or you decide you don't like me and want to tarnish my reputation out of spite and say I'm lying?

IF I was ever going to do that (Not that I need to. Nor will I. Plenty have seen pictures of me or spoken to me on mic/heard recordings of me.) why would I choose to have someone I don't know veryify me?

Why should it matter to you or anyone else at all, except those that I am friends with?

How did Lola prove she is who she says she is just by making her album public? I could have sent her those pictures. (She is, and I didn't but hopefully you'll get the point...it's the internet. Anything can happen.)

If my Dom or subs or friends wish to request something from me to prove I am who I say I am, that's fine with me. If someone I don't know suddenly demands that..I'm going to say .. fuck off.

Which brings me back to my first question....why should it be you trusted with this?

Sounds to me like you want to penalize everyone just because you got burned by a few fakes.
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #42
Gyev

In general, the idea of dealing with fakes is really fine. Unfortunately, not this method. And also it is not the first topic of that kind.

However, I don't know if there is any other option of "verification" instead of doing it by yourself.

When you have a contact with a person you do not know, it is natural to NOT trust that person irreasonably. Small ammount of paranoia is very healthy and understandable. Everyone, who want know more about other person shall aspire to know that person BEFORE you start any kind of "relation". There are many options - there are plenty of topics where you can record your voice and post here, on forum (for example "Accent Challenge", about singing, and about poetry).

Even though you say, dear author of the topic, about "not obligatory" way of verification it will be obligatory anyway. People will assume, that if someone has not participated in such verification, then he/she is not worthy of trust and is probably fake. Males are lesser problem here, because usually women do not need to pretend to be male (because of lack of purpose), but women who do not want send a photo to anyone will have problems.

I don't like idea of "ratings" neither. I am not a person whose main goal on this forum would be gaining some profile friends. I am also not a person, who like to shine with likes and dislikes on signature. I rather want to keep it for myself or share this information in private.

In conclusion - everyone who is interested in seeking someone to "have fun" here should NOT trust everyone in 100%. Should not participate in any stuff before being assured of genuiness of other person. You have private message option, you can deal with it without a problem. If someone do not want to send you a picture, what's the problem? You can explain this person, you can gain trust by sending yours, or you can simply leave that person and seek other one. Even if in theory these options you mention will not be "obligatory", they will be in practise. And this would become invading privacy or kind of discrimation of people who are even less trustful.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:18 PM   #43
ForeverAlways
getDare Sweetheart

Welcome to the internet.

I'm against it. Plenty before me have already said it so well. Thought I'd add on, anyway. I don't mean to be blunt, and maybe it's just me...but I know I'm female, my Dom knows I'm female, and plenty of my friends here know I'm female. And that's enough for me. Either you trust me when I say I'm female, or you don't. If you don't? Then frankly, I don't care what you think of me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy to prove that I am who I say I am once I get to know someone well enough. But why should I trust you, someone I don't know, with not one, or two, but three pictures of myself?

There are a ton of ways to "hunt the fakes," as you so eloquently put it. This isn't the first thread about this topic. I have to agree with IceMaiden...

Quote:
Sounds to me like you want to penalize everyone just because you got burned by a few fakes.

20/F/Switchy/Straightish
Likes/Dislikes/Limits
AMA
Old 06-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #44
groen

I am a 25 year old guy from the Netherlands and I am totally against it for a lot of reasons.
For starters if you want to verify yourself or if any other user wants to do so there are many options already

• you can post you picture publicly
• you can post it only for your friends
• you can share it privately
• you could even theoretically already send it to you or some other 3th party to verify
• I have seen more than enough ads starting with the simple statement I do require picture proof or audio proof or some kind off other proof so if you want to be sure you aren’t wasting your time and you believe you are able to judge this from a picture this might be your best option

there is a lot off generalization on the subject off pictures and even though I know they are probably based on some kind off stats it still make me feel uncomfortable to be honest.
As an example (Even if 98% of the guys would be willing to share pictures there is still that 2% you are effectively closing out by saying all guys would be willing ) this basically goes for all things where these kind off statements are made (not blaming anyone so please don’t feel attacked just saying how it makes me feel )

And in case you are wondering I am indeed not willing to share pictures in any form or shape you might call it paranoid ,silly ,shy ,smart ,stupid ,etc but that doesn’t change how I feel. And I would honestly leave the website if it became mandatory even if it was only on the master/slave area. And in case you are going to make the argument that it could be voluntary well unless I am totally mistaken this is already possible in many ways under the current rules/site environment as described above and yes most people might end up verifying privately that true but in my opinion that is perfectly fine for the master area since the idea isn’t really to switch every two weeks from partner or not for most anyway

So to me even if I was willing to share my picture there wouldn’t be any reason to do it through a 3th party certainly not for the section you are talking about.
I don’t see an advantage to doing it that way why couldn’t I just send it to my chosen partner if I am going to send it anyway. Since the 3th party would just be as trustworthy or untrustworthy as the partner in my eyes I don’t know the partner but I don’t know you either why couldn’t you just decide one day to post them all publically or blackmail me or indeed recognize me so if I would take the chance off that happening I would rather just send it to the partner

The voting system would work theoretically I think but in practice it would be abused by bullies or other people and I think the reporting system is in a sense the same since it gives you the opportunity to report someone who is really misbehaving and that is your goal here I isn’t a popularity contest and I rather see someone report a underage person then just vote them down since the report thing probably would be quicker.

As on how to deal with it if you aren’t willing to demand picture prove that might be hard I do get that as well. And after having the experience of being catfished or fooled or whatever you want to call it I indeed started doubting people a bit. But my solution was to just start everyone on a clean sheet no matter how hard it was and give everyone the benefit off the doubt. This might indeed get you hurt a few times but that’s the cost off playing the game in my it isn’t any different in the real world although I guess most off the time you would know there gender. People online and offline can lie about important thing can camouflage their behavior and just play mean tricks on you. And honestly those other things might even be more hurtful and harder to detect. I actually enjoy getting to know people yes it takes time but I gladly infest that if the return might be a new friend or other fun experiences.

As for dealing with people who don’t trust you are the person you say you are that is way harder certainly if they are very insisting on you proving it. I haven’t dealt with this a lot so I can’t speak from experience on the site but if someone doesn’t trust me in general that’s their problem not mine there are enough people around who will I never see a reason why I should prove myself to someone else

Like some people already set a relationship all starts with trust and ends with trust if you check the person is indeed the gender and age they say then they still could say to you they did everything while not doing one thing and after 2 months say “hey you know all those things I did I didn’t goodbye” in many relations trust issues probably are the most damaging to that relationship the moment you start thinking your partner is sleeping around on you is probably the start off the end

Another issues with this method is that I really doubt that you can judge someone’s age on a picture reliably certainly if it’s one without a face and on a picture a gender can be faked as well certainly without the face. As for the whole paper thing that is doable in photoshop I have worked with guys who certainly could do it and with some practice and the right original picture I think I would be able as well yes it might take some time but those people who you say you infest time in also spend probably the same amount of time as you getting to know you even if they are just fooling you so why wouldn’t they infest a small amount of time in creating fake pictures.

I am pretty sure I missed things and said things others already said and I realize it ended a bit in rambling but like I said I am really against this and wanted to voice my opinion please don’t take it personal though it’s just how I feel
Old 06-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #45
muddz
getDare Sweetheart

I haven't fully read everyone’s posts in this topic, but from what I understand there are a couple of things going on. OP says it is only meant to be for the master/slave subforum, but even then I think verification is a bad idea.

If it was for the entire site, it is a terrible idea because almost no one would verify themselves, it would become a wasteland of personal advertisements.
In the case of M/S forum, I don't see the problem. If you are bummed out that your conversation partner didn't end up being the person they said they were, you should have asked for proof earlier. After all, you are already talking 1 on 1 to that person. If they refuse after awhile (however long you are willing to put into it), it does not work out, fake or not, because either you are not able to put enough trust in them or they could be fake. You never know which one but that doesn't change the outcome.

As for the rest of the site, (and very much the internet) I learned to just look at the experience. If i have a great conversation or dare exchange with someone who says they are female, are convincing, smart and funny, it does not change the experience for me whether they actually identify as female in real life or not. That is, if pictures are not exchanged, but even then I might be willing to suspend the believe that the person is who I think they are.

I know that is a bit of a liberal idea, and not a lot of people would think the same, but verification would not fix that, in that case you first have to get rid of 90% op the user base, and then indeed, you know you are talking to the person you think you are, but is that person still on the site? Real or not, they might just have given up because their idea of a good time was to just share some dares on the internet, without being judged who they are.

Lets not forget: Gender is not binary, and a lot of users around here are either not comfortable with their sexuality, body or sexual preferences. Do they need to forgo the right to act like how they feel just so you know the person behind the screen is of the gender you feel attracted to?

tl;dr
Bad idea, would alienate people, whether they are faking or not, and verification in D/S ads can just as easily be done 1 on 1.

Edit: I do agree with some sort of age verification system, just because that can actually get someone in a lot of serious trouble. If you end up sharing pictures with a 18+ male while you thought they were female, that is only annoying at worst, if they end up being a 14 year old kid, now there is a terrible situation. As far as I know it is not only highly illegal to get images from someone who is underage, but also to send explicit material to them.

Last edited by muddz; 06-16-2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added a thing about age verification
Closed Thread

Tags
fake, fakes, flair, real, verification