Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 03-22-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Default 'People currently looking' information box

What I mean with this is just an information box at the bottom of the page that shows which people are currently on that specific page.

Also, in that same information box (or somewhere close), there can be another information block with the people who are currently writing a thread (if at section) or writing a post (if at thread).

This may be useless for a certain group of people or very handy for the other group of people. It can be handy because you'll know what (sort of) people are interested in your thread or you see one of your (online) friends and suddenly think "maybe we can chat for a bit?".

EDIT_v1: I forgot there was already such an information box in the sections, but not for in the threads.

EDIT_v2: It's actually funny that when there's a new thread in the suggestion zone, the amount of viewing people will grow. From 1 to 3 to 4 to 6 to 8, although 6 out of the 8 are guests.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 03-22-2015 at 08:53 AM.
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:04 AM   #2
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post

EDIT_v1: I forgot there was already such an information box in the sections, but not for in the threads.
As stated at the bottom of each section (truths - dares - lounge etc) it already states which members are looking at that section, clicking names can see who is on which threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
EDIT_v2: It's actually funny that when there's a new thread in the suggestion zone, the amount of viewing people will grow. From 1 to 3 to 4 to 6 to 8, although 6 out of the 8 are guests.
Please remember that just because they are listed as a guest doesn't mean they are a guest. They could be an active member thats just NOT logged in (basically none logged in person)

Also i believe if you set your profile to invisible your name may not be displayed (uncertain of this as admin settings show different)

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:58 AM   #3
Tease
Whiny Weasel Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie View Post

Also i believe if you set your profile to invisible your name may not be displayed (uncertain of this as admin settings show different)
You're correct on vBulletin if you set your profile to invisible it will not show your name as viewing a particular area of the site - forums, profiles, etc even though you are included in the count.
Tease is offline   Reply With Quote