Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Kink and Education

Old 02-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Default Anonymous Advice

Anonymous AMA/Advice

If you have ever wanted to ask a question but were too shy or nervous to ask publicly, this is the thread for you!

Fill in this form, and I will answer it here anonymously. This means that I will post your question here and provide my opinion. This will then allow other getDare users to answer your question and provide their opinions as well.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Last edited by Butterfly; 05-29-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 02-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #2
little pet
getDare Succubus

It might be nice to compose a list here of experienced Doms and subs who are willing to give advice, when asked in a pm. If you also list their area of expertise, members can then ask the person they feel suit their question best.

My DIY thread

My stories
My Art
My Blog
Toys I own

Likes: Humiliation, gags, anal, clamps, hidden public, spanking, cornertime, bondage, pet play, denial, messy.
Dislikes: Pacifier, nettles, crotchropes, toothpaste, atm, pee control, line writing, tack bra and panties, ice cubes.
Limits: scat, pictures/video, family, public
little pet is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to little pet for this post:
Old 02-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
Blue Fox
getDare Devil

I think that this could become quite useful! :-)

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=94638
Blue Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:34 PM   #4
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
What are some things you can recommend for someone looking to find play partners or a sub or Dom?
I wrote a blog here about ways to get noticed on getDare. I really do feel like the first step to finding a play partner online is to be active. The more you get out there, the more possibility there is of you meeting a play partner. Creating an ad is only one step. Talk in chat, respond to threads, write blogs ... be a contributing member to the community.

You also need to be open to opportunities that may come your way. If you are looking for a sub, maybe start by giving out dares to people in request threads, or talking to subs in chat. If you are looking for a Dom, ask for tasks and write good reports. If somebody has left a good impression or you feel like you may click, talk with them. Ask them if they might also be looking for something more than casual play.

Some things not to do ... don't message random people demanding that they play with you, don't spam chat everyday asking for a play partner without having a conversation, don't post one line ads or responses to other people's ads, don't try to steal people who are already in a relationship ...

Instead ...
*Write a detailed ad and link it in your signature
*Look through the ads and respond to people who you think will be a good fit. Make sure to answer all of the questions they may have asked.
*If you see somebody in the forums who interests you, read their profile and try to learn about them. Send a message and let them know you are interested. Get to know them.
*Respect No's and move on

My last piece of advice when trying to find a partner is to not give up. Just like dating, you may meet 100 people who are not a right match for you before finding somebody who just fits. You will know it when it happens and it is SO worth it!

Does anybody else have some advice??? Please comment below!

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 02-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #5
sciencegal

Default Recommendations for finding play partners or dom/sub

I know it can be discouraging because sometimes it takes quite a while to find someone that fits with you. In addition to what Butterfly has said, I think that if you can make your profile detailed, maybe write some blog entries, or anything that can help someone get an insight into who you are as a person and as a kinky person will help.

I know when I have looked in the past, the first thing I've done when someone responded to my ad was to check out their profile. Do they post a lot? Do they include useful information about themself? Can I tell anything about who they might be? All of these are things that I look for. I'm not talking about telling intimate details about yourself like identity, or anything like that. If I go to someone's profile and the only information I see if their gender, I usually move right along. My profile is not super detailed or anything, but I do try to include a few details about myself to show that I took the time to get to know the site.

If you have hobbies, mention those, even if it's just that you like reading comics or watching TV. It creates a talking point when someone wants to get to know you as a potential play partner, a way to break the ice.

You may not want to comment of post in a lot of threads, and that's okay. Having some outlet that lets others get a feel for who you may be is very useful. It separates you from the one-liners, and the people looking for a quick one-off session. It shows that you have substance and are worth the effort.

Last edited by sciencegal; 02-12-2018 at 06:42 PM.
sciencegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencegal View Post
I know it can be discouraging because sometimes it takes quite a while to find someone that fits with you. In addition to what Butterfly has said, I think that if you can make your profile detailed, maybe write some blog entries, or anything that can help someone get an insight into who you are as a person and as a kinky person will help.

I know when I have looked in the past, the first thing I've done when someone responded to my ad was to check out their profile. Do they post a lot? Do they include useful information about themself? Can I tell anything about who they might be? All of these are things that I look for. I'm not talking about telling intimate details about yourself like identity, or anything like that. If I go to someone's profile and the only information I see if their gender, I usually move right along. My profile is not super detailed or anything, but I do try to include a few details about myself to show that I took the time to get to know the site.

If you have hobbies, mention those, even if it's just that you like reading comics or watching TV. It creates a talking point when someone wants to get to know you as a potential play partner, a way to break the ice.

You may not want to comment of post in a lot of threads, and that's okay. Having some outlet that lets others get a feel for who you may be is very useful. It separates you from the one-liners, and the people looking for a quick one-off session. It shows that you have substance and are worth the effort.
This is exactly what I meant by get active and I wrote about it in my blog that I linked above. I think filling out your profile, uploading a photo and avatar, introducing yourself in a blog, or even just commenting on other people's blogs is a great way to get noticed. If you put some information in your signature and post, even in some lounge games, it gets people to start paying attention.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 06-16-2018, 08:55 AM   #7
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Question Anonymous asker

I received our first submission to the anonymous advice form today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Asker #1
How weird and taboo is it to be into adult breastfeeding as a kink?

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 06-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #8
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Default I received this advice ...

I received the following information in response to the question above:

Quote:
HI- I saw the anon advice question. I can give some insight but I don't want it coming back to me (for obvious reasons). If you can post it under your name or anon that's great-

So- that being said -
adult breastfeeding/nursing/lactating as a kink falls one of two ways. It can fall under general breast play or it can fall under ANL with a focus of 'adult nursing relationship'. Either way you need to have a willing lactating female who has excess milk or isn't actively nursing her child/ren. The only reason this kink is not as active as some of the others is it can be very difficult to find a lactating partner. Breast play isn't weird or taboo. Nor is nipple play. ANR involves a great deal of trust and communication- just like any other intimate relationship. Some couples find nursing brings them closer together from the interdependency created by the behavior.

Here is an article from Rolling Stone Magazine (2016)
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...eeding-w436234

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 06-21-2018, 01:36 PM   #9
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Question Anonymous Advice

I received another submission to the anonymous advice form today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Asker #2
How do get my girlfriend to dom me if she isnt all that easy to convince to try new or "exotic" sexual things?

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 06-28-2018, 07:24 AM   #10
poetrylover828
getDare Sweetheart

How do get my girlfriend to dom me if she isnt all that easy to convince to try new or "exotic" sexual things?

Well you need to communicate. Sit down clothes on no sex or play going to happen and talk about what you would like/need in bed. Maybe show her getdare or you can check out fetlife (they have in my opinion a lot more information though you have to look a little harder). If after talking it through a couple of times she still isn't into it then you have a choice to make. Do you need the kink to be fully happy with her or is it something you can live without? If you need it, do you need to talk to her about having a play partner outside the relationship or do you need to tell her you aren't compatible and move on for yourself? I hope that you can get her to talk and work it out, but there is always the chance of you leaving for your longterm happiness.

Limits: anal, piss, scat, video, pics, permanent damage

Don’t send me messages asking to help with your dare or help you shop. If I want to take parts in dares I will. If you need someone to pick out the things you are buying then you don’t need to being doing dares.

I'm not looking for a partner.
poetrylover828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #11
AbusiveMaster
getDare Sweetheart

For some reason I posted advice in another thread and it ended up here, so ignore this post entirely.

I am extremely happy with the wonderful girl I have.
I do NOT want anyone else. This includes casual play
or giving tasks/punishments. Do not ask!!

Last edited by AbusiveMaster; 07-21-2018 at 03:59 PM.
AbusiveMaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk