Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 08-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
Toybox Girl

Smile Curiosity about Middles

So for a while I've been seeing things floating around across the usual suspects in the world of kinky social media about Middles: apparently, they're not little and they're not Big. They're often Middles rather than middles and suggested ages range from around 15, to age 8 and up. I'm just growing very curious about the whole subject! I'm wondering...

If anybody is/knows a Middle?
If you would consider them dominant or submissive?
What age range you personally feel is Middle?
The differences between a Middle and a little?
The differences between a Middle and a Big?
Old 08-30-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
Ares

Seems to me that it's just today's obsession with names, special names for everything. 'We must have a name for this'

Then we will have 'slightly older than middles' and 'slightly younger than middles'. it's ridiculous. Age play covers all age ranges and is decided between the two people involved and needs no "special' name for different ages.

I certainly don't care whether a so called 'middle' must have a specific supposed age, 8 12 14 or whatever, it makes no difference as long as both parties involved are singing from the same songsheet, as it were.

For goodness sakes, let's enjoy the relationships and stop stifling things with definitions (which I might add, no 2 people will actually agree on anyway)

I ONLY dominate females.

I AM the God of war and my wrath can be a terrible thing!

'All the World's a stage and all the men and women merely players'
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Ares for this post:
Old 08-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #3
HumbleSlave

Never heard the term, but that is kind of the age range I feel like on play. I'm like a lazy and disonedient twelve to fifteen year old.
HumbleSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:47 AM   #4
Toybox Girl

@ Ares
I appreciate your opinion and tend to agree but at the same time that doesn't really answer any of the questions; Age play does include all ages far as I'm concerned but I'm more curious to find out what people who identify as Middle mean by that exactly. I was always under the impression anything under your own age would be classed as "Little".

But there is too much labelling, that's for sure. I've seen "littles" that were actually still little - I mean, how does that work out?

@ HumbleSlave
It's a term shrouded in mystery! Haha
So then from your standpoint, do you feel significantly different from littles in any way?
Old 08-31-2016, 04:04 AM   #5
Ares

Yeah, sorry about that @Toybox Girl I kinda had a rant didn't I? Lol

To be honest though, I think you will find that almost anyone who identifies as a 'Middle' will come up with a different age group that they see as defining the term. That may be partly because it seems to be a recent label and no consensus has been agreed and partly simple human nature too. I would assume though, that if we accept 'littles' as aged under about 8-10 which seems reasonable then anything older but still not adult could define 'middle'.

Just an opinion with no data or experience to back it up though.

Love xx

I ONLY dominate females.

I AM the God of war and my wrath can be a terrible thing!

'All the World's a stage and all the men and women merely players'
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:30 AM   #6
Toybox Girl

Bug

Haha, that's alright! I know exactly what you mean, in fact those were probably my first thoughts coming across the term. But I feel like I'm seeing it more and more. I'm really curious to find out what people are talking about, concretely, when they talk about Middles.
And also partially how to avoid any butthurt where none is intended, haha.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:36 AM   #7
Joker50
Distinguished Member

Default Totally agree

QUOTE=Ares;2395379]Seems to me that it's just today's obsession with names, special names for everything. 'We must have a name for this'

Then we will have 'slightly older than middles' and 'slightly younger than middles'. it's ridiculous. Age play covers all age ranges and is decided between the two people involved and needs no "special' name for different ages.

I certainly don't care whether a so called 'middle' must have a specific supposed age, 8 12 14 or whatever, it makes no difference as long as both parties involved are singing from the same songsheet, as it were.

For goodness sakes, let's enjoy the relationships and stop stifling things with definitions (which I might add, no 2 people will actually agree on anyway)[/QUOTE]

You are so right.

Limits: Cbt, Anal. Pain. Poo. Family. Pics for the right person.
Joker50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #8
HumbleSlave

No, I don't feel any different from a Little, as you said, I thought it was about age play in general. Or, at least age play to an age where someone is at least somewhat dependent upon another or under supervision.
HumbleSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:04 AM   #9
Info Man

A middle is a decided age break in the whole age play dynamic... in effect, a Little is a person that visualizes themselves as before adolescence while they are still in the 'Play' stage of development (2 to 8 years old) while a Middle is an individual that visualizes themselves as post puberty, as a Tween/Pre-Teen(10-13), or Teenager(13-15) but not yet an adult(16-18+).

The difference between the two is generally the same difference between children and teens... one needs care and a softer touch, while the other needs direction and a firm hand.
Info Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 09:16 AM   #10
emmyv

Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
Seems to me that it's just today's obsession with names, special names for everything. 'We must have a name for this'

For goodness sakes, let's enjoy the relationships and stop stifling things with definitions (which I might add, no 2 people will actually agree on anyway)
I agree with you- my sub and I are into age play but don't really feel the need to put a label on anything.
emmyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:12 AM   #11
OnTheRimOfMyGlass

Just to put another possibility out there, I'm also familiar with "middle" used to refer to someone operating in such a neither-bottom-nor-top way in a group play scenario, wholly separate from age play. For example, if there are three people, the top is instructing the middle to beat the bottom.
OnTheRimOfMyGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #12
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

The first part of your post got cut off but I'm not familiar with 'middles', and i'm very active in the BDSM community. I think it follows the recent trend of over-categorizing everything (first we had vegetarians, now we have vegans.... etc....)
DJ-playmate is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
age play, daddy, middle, mommy