Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Old 07-15-2008, 07:04 PM   #1
2EggsOverEasy

Arrow Time To Pay The Piper!

Yep, its that time again. Dare time! Wahoo! Are you feeling the beat? This one goes out to all you music lovers out there...

"I got rhythm, I got music, I got my man, Who could ask for anything more?"

I've got music. You've got music, right?

But who paid for it? That question is at the heart of this dare!

You're dare starts with a stroll though the songs in your mp3 collection. No I don't care whether its on iTunes or in a Zune...I only care if you have songs that you didn't pay for! To be sure of an accurate accounting of your debt, create a single playlist that includes all of the songs you obtained through, shall we say, "less-than-legal" means? If you can't remember whether you bought it or not, sorry...that means you have to include it in the playlist. (This is where a good memory comes in handy!)

Now we're (ha...I said we...like I'm going to do this along with you...NOT!) going to use your playlist of illicit songs as the basis for the rest of this dare!

First of all, note how many songs you have in your playlist. Do a Google Images search using that number. (Are you sure you need the link? You really can't find it on your own? Okay...http://images.google.com) The 13th item/person/thing that pops up is now yours. No, you don't own it...rather it/he/she owns you! You must create and post a dare (need I say on getdare.com?) that falls within your stated limits and involves that item, person or thing. Be sure to include a link to the image in your dare so we all know what you're talking about.

Done?!?! I think not...keep reading.

Now take a look at the total length of your playlist. It probably looks something like this...

Convert the total hours of your playlist to minutes. (Do I really have to tell you how to do that? Ok...multiply 6.6 x 60 minutes = 396 minutes. Got it?) That is the number of words, the EXACT number of words that you have to use in your dare. No more, no less. But, of course, there's a catch. You're limited to 500 words for any one dare post. So, what happens to the other words? Well, I guess you just have to create and post another dare using the remaining words...but don't go over! That would be bad. What?!? You still have words left over? Then its another dare you have to come up with...and another...and another....until you've finally used up all of your words. <whew> Are you tired yet? I sure am...

Now if I were to leave the dare at that, I'm sure I'd get complaints that it's too easy...not sexual enough...boring...blah, blah, blah. So I won't. There more...breathe easy loyal darees.

Since you've gone to such great lengths to create at least one dare (possibly many, many more), it would be a shame to let them go to waste in the ephemeral void of bits and bytes that comprise getdare. To prevent that from happening, you're now going to perform one of the very dares you created! (Aren't you glad I told you to make sure it was within your own personal limites? Considerate, eh?) If you've created more than one dare, you get to pick your favorite. (See, more compassion! Yet people still accuse me of being a hard-ass...for shame.) And, of course, you're going to blog about your experience here on getdare.com.

I will, however, place a limit on the time you have to actually perform one of the dares you created and blog about it. Guess where that time limit comes from? If you guessed the total number of megabytes in your playlist...ding, ding, ding...we have a winner! (If you didn't guess that, just pretend that you did...)

So if you have a total of 772.6 MB in your playist, that means you have 773 seconds to complete your dare! (No fractional seconds, people...just round the number to the nearest whole number...) I hope you didn't write only extended-lenght dares!

And, to address the inevitable question about punishment for failure...the punishment for not completing the dare is failing to complete the dare. You're a failure and you should be treated as such. You must create an avitar that includes the word "FAIL" (preferably in red, but you can choose your own color...see? More proof that I'm human...) in large, clear letters and use it as your primary avitar here on getdare for two weeks. Oh, and if anyone asks why you have that as your avitar, be sure to explain to them in great detail how you failed to complete a dare that you yourself created.

Now go be daring....

+ :
humiliation, exhibitionism, toys and more, oh my!
- :
extreme pain, scat, illegal
? :
bondage, slavery, food

! :My judgement rules, unless you can convince me otherwise - now go be daring!

Last edited by 2EggsOverEasy; 07-15-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: minor tweak...don't mind me.
2EggsOverEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
qwertypete
Distinguished Member

Send a message via MSN to qwertypete Send a message via Yahoo to qwertypete

Nicely written, and great idea. I'll be doing this soon.
qwertypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:20 AM   #3
Zeromus
getDare Devil

Download much illegal music, 2eggs?

*Due to the innate funness of trivia, I too have a contest. Mine will be focused on gaming, with a few grab bag questions.

Here's an easy one. (name the game this quote came from)

"Where's the oh so pleasant sound of someone getting impaled?"
Zeromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
2EggsOverEasy

Me?!?!?!?!? No never....

<waiting for bolt of lightning>

Lets just say I'd have about two days to complete any dare I created...

+ :
- :
? :
bondage, slavery, food

Old 07-17-2008, 05:07 PM   #5
kabuto

Did I ever mention how much you own at dare making?
kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
sasatchi759

Send a message via MSN to sasatchi759

I'm screwed, 2715 songs, 5.7 days, and 9.87 GB... Damn.

Will Do:Minor Pain, Discreet Public
sasatchi759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #7
2EggsOverEasy

Damn is right! That would mean you'd have to create 16 dares...I guess you'd better be feeling awfully creative...damn!

Maybe I'm not as compassionate as I think I am....

+ :
- :
? :
bondage, slavery, food

Advertisements
Kink Talk