Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #1
carelessprogram
Account Banned

Female Discussion re fakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by new and willing View Post
I’ve seen them post before and they aren’t banned, so they are to some extent legit. Take that info however you want.
The fact that this user is not banned does not mean anything. Mods are very slow here and might as well be that no one has outed this person as fake.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelessprogram View Post
The fact that this user is not banned does not mean anything. Mods are very slow here and might as well be that no one has outed this person as fake.
It isn't our job to check that people aren't fake. It isn't that we are "slow", it is that we are busy and don't have time to message every user to verify that they are who they say they are. And there are no rules against being "fake" .

* I have changed the title of the ad to reflect that you are looking for a male slave.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Old 01-23-2020, 02:41 PM   #3
carelessprogram
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
It isn't our job to check that people aren't fake. It isn't that we are "slow", it is that we are busy and don't have time to message every user to verify that they are who they say they are. And there are no rules against being "fake" .

* I have changed the title of the ad to reflect that you are looking for a male slave.
It was not my intention to say that the mods should verify people. That's impossible, other than only allowing people who verified themselves to post (like reddit does in some subreddits). And by being slow I meant that there are lots of ads that are such low quality, that they should be deleted. If those posters were honest and trust able they would post better ads.

But I certainly hope that there are rules for being fake. Men posing as women should not be tolerated for example. If it is, you might as well close the ads section.

Last edited by carelessprogram; 01-23-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 03:23 PM   #4
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
It was not my intention to say that the mods should verify people. That's impossible, other than only allowing people who verified themselves to post (like reddit does in some subreddits). And by being slow I meant that there are lots of ads that are such low quality, that they should be deleted. If those posters were honest and trust able they would post better ads.

But I certainly hope that there are rules for being fake. Men posing as women should not be tolerated for example. If it is, you might as well close the ads section.
We cannot prevent somebody from saying they are male or female, especially in today's society where your gender is not reflective of how you were born physically. It is not our responsibility to make sure that people are telling the truth. That onus is on the person who is going to share their personal and intimate details with them.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 01-24-2020, 02:24 AM   #5
carelessprogram
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
We cannot prevent somebody from saying they are male or female, especially in today's society where your gender is not reflective of how you were born physically. It is not our responsibility to make sure that people are telling the truth. That onus is on the person who is going to share their personal and intimate details with them.
So, lets say I (as cis man) post an ad saying I am a female looking for a man. I refuse to verify but demand pics from the men responding to my ad. One way or another I get outed by someone (perhaps because they read this post where I say I'm a cis man) and this person tells everyone else here. Are my actions perfectly fine with you and can I keep on posting here? Keep in mind I lied about who I am and made people feel very unsafe in the end.

Sure, people have their own responsibility and that should not be forgotten. But I feel once a person has been proven to be fake (or is obviously fake) this site and the moderators to have responsibilities as well.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:01 AM   #6
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
So, lets say I (as cis man) post an ad saying I am a female looking for a man. I refuse to verify but demand pics from the men responding to my ad. One way or another I get outed by someone (perhaps because they read this post where I say I'm a cis man) and this person tells everyone else here. Are my actions perfectly fine with you and can I keep on posting here? Keep in mind I lied about who I am and made people feel very unsafe in the end.

Sure, people have their own responsibility and that should not be forgotten. But I feel once a person has been proven to be fake (or is obviously fake) this site and the moderators to have responsibilities as well.
Yes. I would allow you to continue posting here.

As a person, and a user your actions would bother me. However, as a mod, I would not remove your post or prevent you from posting. Pretending to be something you are not is not against the rules. I would allow comments to stay on the ad that were (respectfully) outting the person as a fake as a warning to others.

I would guess that at a least a quarter to half of the people on this site are only here to live in a fantasyland. They have no intention of actually following through with dares or instructions. That isnt my intent on this site, but it is not responsibility to take that away from somebody else.

Its the internet. You can be anybody you want to be.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Closed Thread