Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 10-16-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Lightbulb Suggestion: Sticky New People

Since I've been here new people always immediately post requesting truths or dares. I'm sure I did the same. It leads to millions of threads that are exactly the same, most that fit into either. . .
13-15 f will do ANY dare or a male who has female clothing, what should I do?!

I know this doesn't only apply to new people, but. . .

Is it worth having a Sticky sticky.sticky.sticky in the Dare or Truths forums linking to some of the better/more commonly used dares and truths?

I know there is the Best of the Forums already, but new users don't normally seem to look in there.
Then when all the new users post, they can be directed to the sticky first if applicable.

There must be something to do to reduce all the same threads. Ideas etc always welcome to be added.

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
muffinfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 8 users say Thank You to muffinfairy for this post:
Old 10-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
erick92
Distinguished Member

I agree.

Tired of logging on and seeing "XXX will do XXX!!". And then they complain when the dares/truths aren't good enough.

23/M/USA
erick92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

If I were new and I saw this was a Truth or Dare site, I probably would go straight into "I want a dare please" without reading stuff. It's like the rules. I never read the rules upon registering. I sorta knew what was expected etc, but I never read the rules right the way through. (Like small-print, who bothers?)

That said, I think this could be a good idea and I'm sure it'd help new members with hints and tips
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

There will still be threads like it, whatever happens, but maybe if the Sticky looks joyful and not business like it'll attract viewers then work from there? If it says "Rules! Read These!" no one will until really bored.

Also new Posters could instantly be directed to the Sticky (if their requests fit into the Sticky's contents) and their thread locked. Once that person has done a few dares, left feedback, shown activity and such then individual threads are fine. They maybe looking for something new - rather then asking for D/T's that are already in multiple locations throughout the site.

I'd help new people shape and learn about their limits and likes too.

The site does need individual threads, it's just that there are pages and pages of the same requests and it seems silly.

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
muffinfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #5
timetoshine
Distinguished Member

Well there is a spot called "TORD ARCHIVES". its just to the left of "GETDARE FORUMS". it has most of the basic dares i think.
timetoshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:47 AM   #6
Cuffed
getDare Sweetheart

Maybe when a new member joins they are directed straight to a page that could contain 'what are you looking for on getdare' Kinda thing, which places the users age and gender and has options to select.
Example
'19' 'Male' looking for 'truths' 'dares' 'optional theme *halloween recently*' 'time period these dares and or truths will be valid'

This could then be placed into a thread for them that will be put into the tord online section. Also could have something similar for limits to help the new user select what they like and don't like and so on...

maybe?!

No thoughts, only ✨ Depp ✨
Cuffed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Default suggestions

Cuffed what a good idea.
You could make them before they post there first thread to enter the same words in a search - this would hopefully eliminate duplicate posts eg) msm addresses - have seen several people set up, some later removed

This would help everyone,
eg)
new users

Spamming / duplicate threads

cut down Multi user accounts - as would take longer first time set up. New users would appreciate help, but existing users would get bored as know what are doing and therefore hopefully set up less accounts.

Could you also possibly make full rules easier to see (i was on for 2 weeks before asked Betty Boop about rules and was able to reread) Also several people find it unclear how to report someone if anything been done wrongly. (have seen people post on thread therefore bumping to top of pile and alsorts)

Just a few ways to make getdare a safer and better enviroment for all

thanks love rachie

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote