Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #16
getDare Sweetheart

I don't get it. Not that i'm against ya'll, but... Why?

Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z

Ohhhhsnap.

Hello.
444 <3 Softeyes
and we're in a relationship.
So, advances towards softeyes would very much not be appreciated.
TQTQTQ
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 PM   #17
Jones
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jones Send a message via Yahoo to Jones

Why what 444? (to short)
Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #18
Blank
Account Banned

I vote no more fights in chat ( yes me on of the people who causes them) thiers a time when you ened to give up fighting and arguing so im gonna do that..anyone fancy joining me?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #19
getDare Sweetheart

Why as in whats the reason for closing it down? >_> so far, i've only heard vague explanations.

Man, my penis is so big if I laid it out on a keyboard it'd go all the way from A to Z

Ohhhhsnap.

Hello.
444 <3 Softeyes
and we're in a relationship.
So, advances towards softeyes would very much not be appreciated.
TQTQTQ
Old 03-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #20
Jones
Account Banned

thats only merlins opinion. and its not a popular one. so talk to him about that.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #21
Blank
Account Banned

actually its not jones and because of all teh fighting scene is in danger of been closed down. hence why we ene dto do summit to givethem reasons not to close it like stopping all fights from now on.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #22
Jones
Account Banned

That was horrible spelling. And you didn't read my statement correctly. What 444 asked was why do people want the scene closed. And said we dont want it closed. Only merlin wants it closed. So basically im saying the same thing as you.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #23
Blank
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
That was horrible spelling. And you didn't read my statement correctly. What 444 asked was why do people want the scene closed. And said we dont want it closed. Only merlin wants it closed. So basically im saying the same thing as you.
its not just merlin who wants it closed I believe all the mods are thinking it and yea im barley keeping awake.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #24
Jones
Account Banned

Oh well i guess it was I who misread. My apologies. Im not sure though if all mods are thinking it. I know they all want somthing done but i donno if any as drastic as merlin but i dont know. I believe that a rule change would keep everyone from arguing. I think if any type of role play were aloud that would make many people happy and a rule allowing people to talk while nobody is role playing would pretty well solve this whole thing. Because those seem to be what every one always argues about.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #25
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Although I know many of you are going to disagree with me on this, and kudos to you all, but I'm with Merlin. If you guys can't deal with what we give you then, away it goes. This chatroom has been causing a lot more drama than intended and a lot of users are getting sick and tired of everything.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
Old 03-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #26
Blank
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAngel View Post
Although I know many of you are going to disagree with me on this, and kudos to you all, but I'm with Merlin. If you guys can't deal with what we give you then, away it goes. This chatroom has been causing a lot more drama than intended and a lot of users are getting sick and tired of everything.
if we can resolve it in this thread would you and merlin change our minds? i mean solve it so we never ever have any reasons for fights again.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #27
Jones
Account Banned

Why not try a rule change? I think that would make everyone happier. and as far as i know it wouldnt be any more less difficult then removing it altogether. What is wrong with trying that for a couple weeks?
Old 03-22-2010, 10:38 PM   #28
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
Oh well i guess it was I who misread. My apologies. Im not sure though if all mods are thinking it. I know they all want somthing done but i donno if any as drastic as merlin but i dont know. I believe that a rule change would keep everyone from arguing. I think if any type of role play were aloud that would make many people happy and a rule allowing people to talk while nobody is role playing would pretty well solve this whole thing. Because those seem to be what every one always argues about.
as you know what to do how about you also solve the problem of people complaining that the lounge is empty and at the same time the problem of the people who don't want to see sexual stuff or are to young for that... (and i mean all these things) and keep in mind that people like you will all have to agree because if 1 person is disagreeing you will have a fight in the room every 10 minutes...

If you are able to solve all(!) these problems i will start to listen to what you say again ...

Last edited by Merlin; 03-22-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #29
LilAngel
getDare Addict

I'm sure it's not just Merlin and I. There is no way for us to manipulate the rules so that all arguments are settled. There are people on both sides of the spectrum. The Scene was NOT created for role play. It was created so those who are involved with the BDSM side of things more (rather than TorD) could have a place to hang out as well as role play. A lot of the extra rules added in was a way to ensure that enough courtesy and respect were given to those trying to do something productive.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #30
Jones
Account Banned

Well i dont see how the lounge being empty has anything to do with this what so ever but im ganna say that if the scene closes down i wont go to the lounge. And for people who dont want to see sexual stuff, well they should just leave getdare. I just counted and at least 6 of the latest posts have a sexual nature and sometimes its more. So removing the scene isn't going to stop sexuality on this site. And for people who are to young you can add a age requirement on the room. And If you want 100% agreement then you should just not talk to anyone ever on getdare or not because someone will always disagree.
So im going to say all of the requirements you gave are kinda unreasonable. But I do think my idea will be better. for these reasons

1. The new scene will give a place for all to play. Sexual or not. BDSM or not.
2. Since people will be aloud to chat only when a role play is not going on then all the mods wont have to watch everyone to make sure they arent talking.
3. There will be less arguing since the room will give a chance for everyone to carry out their fantasies even if the arent specifically about BDSM while still letting those who want to scene do so.
4. If my idea doesnt work you can still go to yours and close the scene all together. But im sure if you do there will be alot of people that are mad about it.

Im basically saying that with either decision there will be a few people who disagree but thats life. I think that adjusting the "scene" so that it fits the needs of all people on getdare will help to stop the arguing and make the majority of people happy.
Closed Thread