Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 07-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #16
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

yea i mean i have been a member for over a year. I check the forums often, maybe 8-10 times a day on average. However, i am still averaging just below a post a day. I dont think people need to reply to every single post they see. That doesnt mean you say "Great story! Keep up the great work!!!" to a person on the story board. I am getting tired of people posting, "WRITE A STORY NOW, DAMN IT!!!" (although people normally dont get that violent ). The only advice I have to high posters is make sure that every post is a quality post.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #17
Hccmike
Account Banned

Well a problem that people we have is that people bump and just make demanding posts. I see a few of the "Give me a dare!!!!" Thread and After nobody has posted on it for a few hours youll get a repost on the same thread saying, "OMG PLEASE DARE ME"... it gets annoying and its pointles I asked for some beach dares and I didnt get any response oh well :/ The Same goes with the storys I have no problem with people posting "Wow, really great story" or "Wow amazing dare" or something liek that thats fine... Not just postings "WRITE MOAR NOW" or something stupid but those have value short and sweet can still apply but posts just need to be kept in check....
Hccmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:41 PM   #18
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hccmike View Post
Well a problem that people we have is that people bump and just make demanding posts. I see a few of the "Give me a dare!!!!" Thread and After nobody has posted on it for a few hours youll get a repost on the same thread saying, "OMG PLEASE DARE ME"... it gets annoying and its pointles I asked for some beach dares and I didnt get any response oh well :/
Well what really bugs me is when

a. They do this after a few minutes

b. They just keep on adding to their post or they make 20 new ones and worse of all they post it all over (mostly in the wrong sections)

c. They post stuff in the TorD section and they need it NOW!!!

d. I like it when people give some notice (e.g. I need dares for 8-10 a.m. tomorrow) but people post them 2 weeks afterwards.

Last edited by Manbearpig; 07-05-2007 at 06:45 PM. Reason: MORE!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #19
Hccmike
Account Banned

I think at least a rule should be for that thread that if you post like that your post should be deleted on the spot and you are not allowed to post a new thread. if you do have a 3 day ban from the forum
Something like that but hte problem is nobody reads the rules really....

I just had an Idea!

Depp what if you made it so people would have to read the rules before making an acount.... i know alot of people will just skip it but it might help some...
Old 07-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #20
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Only problem is a mod cant be on 24/7 for this. I know we have mods in both Europe and the U.S.A., but dont forget, we mite use this as a second home, but we all have a real life, whether it is school, work, friends, ect. I am sure once September comes, have the people who joined this site will totally forget about it and never post again. I go down to maybe checking my account once every other day come school time. But i am only one person, wut does everyone else think (btw, i think i am over my 10 post limit for the day lol )

Old 07-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #21
Hccmike
Account Banned

Yah you are!!! how dare you!!! but at least they have a point to them. I try to check it at least once a day even on school days... hell ill help mod the forums just for spam if Depp would like me to I have some experaince in it..
Old 07-05-2007, 07:04 PM   #22
Britbrat
Baby Member

I think the only reason that the amount of posts per day is going up is because kids are out of school and they have nothing to do but be on the computer, so they have more time to be looking at all the things they may have missed on getdare during school and are getting caught up by posting a lot of things now
Britbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:16 PM   #23
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Yes but that does not let them post low quality, rule breaking posts. People need to read the rules!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 07:57 PM   #24
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

Post count going up isn't the problem, its the post quality, or lack thereof that's the problem.

Rowing all day, erry Day
chain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:16 PM   #25
Hccmike
Account Banned

Hell if you want to really remove alot of people from just spaming just make post count not publicly veiwable
Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #26
Glutgod
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hccmike View Post
Hell if you want to really remove alot of people from just spaming just make post count not publicly veiwable

I do not agree with this, it would probly be a bad Idea, not just because of me... But it would not be fair, and a lot of other users. (I think) would agree with me. What I think we need to do is have people first delete old never used accounts, that would help, and delete any accounts that are spamming, anyways I've found a new thread that has a place where people can post all they want, if it turns out good people will just post all thier spam there.

ps. I'm just like 2 post per day.
For us, the storm has passed. The war is over. And let us never forget those who journeyed into the howling dark, and did not return. For their decision required courage beyond measure. Sacrifice, an unshakeable conviction that their fight... *our* fight... was elsewhere. As we start to rebuild, this hillside will remain barren, a memorial to heroes fallen. They enobled all of us, and they shall not be forgotten
Glutgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #27
Hccmike
Account Banned

Eh I dont like it myself I like having a postcount but... it was just a possible sugestiion for solvin ghte problem
Old 07-06-2007, 03:18 AM   #28
depp=noob=lol
Account Banned

a few months ago we had the same problem. I dont want that that will happen again to getdare. Guys, please use more REPUTATION and spread it wide. How more rep, how better user you re. So guys, give more Rep and stop looking at the post counts. THANKS!
depp=noob=lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:52 AM   #29
Lonelyangel
getDare Sweetheart

I think the problem with relying on people giving reputation rather then post count, is that reputation actually takes effort on the part of others who sometimes can't be bothered (mostly newbies)! Unfortunately i can't see any alternatives.
Maybe with the large membership problem, delete inactive accounts of a period of more then 60 days (or any other number) and maybe a waiting list, until more account spaces become availible.
Lonelyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:07 AM   #30
chain
SysOp & Cougar Trainer

I personally don't think there's any problem with the number of members. The problem is people repeatedly breaking the rules. Poor post quality of some members should be expected on every forum, but this has gotten out of hand. Reputation points may help, but at the end of the day if you want to be a respected member, one who may be asked to be a mod, or someone every just likes, post fairly frequently, but make it good stuff. We may get a mod soon that has under 0.50 posts per day. I have just over .50 posts per day. Quality is what matters. While I completely agree with USASlaveGirl and her concerns, poor quality isn't against the rules, nor is it a problem we can fix while still being an open site. I personally believe that the bottom line is: Post good stuff and people will thank you, post crap and there's a chance you'll get flamed.

Rowing all day, erry Day
chain is offline   Reply With Quote