Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 03-22-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
FriendlySlave

Default Adults giving kids sexual dares

OK, I am fairly new here, but I have been looking around a bit on this site and it seems to me that extremely sexual conversations between adults and people in their early teens are very common here.

Just hop over any of the "truth or dare online" forums and you will see a lot of "Need dares, im a 14 year old female!" type of threads. Virtually every response is from an adult and is overtly sexual, involving nudity/masturbation/etc. (and I wont even talk about the people who request pictures of these activities) This isn't a corner case, sexual dares are the rule, not the exception around here and there are a lot of kids on this site.

Just a suggestion but maybe you should consider segregating the forums into 18+ sections and under 18 sections. I am no expert, but it looks to me like you guys are begging for legal trouble here.
FriendlySlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #2
Lizard
getDare Sweetheart

There has been lots of discussion about this in the not so distant past, and I think the staff is doing a decent job. This is one of the threads that has discussed putting the age in a person's profile:

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=17950

It doesn't quite address your concern, but does show the attitude of, in my opnion, most of the people who frequent this forum and the staff.

I can only speak for myself on this, and I hope that most people use the same discression: As I am an older member of the forum, I will post a dare, or suggestion of any kind, only if the original poster is over 21. I will comment, answer questions and/or truths, etc. on any post, but I always check the age of the original poster before writing anything on the thread. Same goes for sending private messages.

Im sure the staff will chime in here, but thought that something from an 'average user' might also be appreciated.

Liz

Likes: Humilliation, CD, marginally risky dares, outdoor/public, self bondage, pee/diapers

HARD Limits: dangerous, perminant, feces, directly involving people/family, long dares, cutting/blood, food play/messy, nudity, pics, animals

Boring, so don't bother: wedgies, edging
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #3
jlstockton25
getDare Devil

There are 18+ areas for overtly sexual stories as well as Master/slave relationships.

As Lizard said, there has been issues about ages of members on the site, as there will be for any truth or dare website. As long as there are 14 year olds asking for dares, there will be 40 year olds replying, and I don't see much the staff can do about it.

. . . darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
jlstockton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
tilly07
Account Banned

I still think its disgusting for 18+ to be giving m8inors dares like that. Especially if it's a female thats recieving the dares.
tilly07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
jlstockton25
getDare Devil

I agree it's disgusting and wrong, but I don't think there's much the mods can do about it

. . . darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream
jlstockton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
doomed_soul89
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to doomed_soul89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilly07 View Post
I still think its disgusting for 18+ to be giving m8inors dares like that. Especially if it's a female thats recieving the dares.
that last part isn't sexist at all.

if someone is asking for a day ppl are going to respond with there ideas, if the person doesn't want to do it, they don't have to I don't see what the issue is, there just giving them what they ask for not like there doing it with them or watching
doomed_soul89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Personally, I think that most dares WILL require some form of nudity, masturbation etc. It is quite rare that there are solo dares that don't require anything mentioned above. Requesting pictures is against the rules, so that's about all the mods can do, most of the time.

Also, I see this forum/site as an opportunity for people under 18. A lot of the other TorD sites has had to be changed to 18+, because people took advantage of the holes in the rules, or the weaknesses of the staff. Here, moderators take the time and effort to keep this site open for 13+, and that is what makes this site so special.

The way I see it, if the under 18s are separated, getDare would not be able to stay the same (if not better) forever.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:14 AM   #8
talla
getDare Sweetheart

Hey, i think most of the dares hear involve nudtiy and masterbation well 90% of them, honslty i dunno how many mods there are but it is really hard to police get dare and the mods make sure that this site is 100% safe for every one and as said before slave master is only for 18+ and some of the stories, also i think if we separated get dare it would be hell for the mods to controll as there is only a limited number
talla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 AM   #9
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

I don't think it should be seperated. Maybe I have no right to comment, seeing as I am 14. But they don't see the dares we do, and if I don't want to do something I simply wont. Nothing is forced.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
I don't think it should be seperated. Maybe I have no right to comment, seeing as I am 14. But they don't see the dares we do, and if I don't want to do something I simply wont. Nothing is forced.
Actually, I think you've kinda got more right to comment, seeing as it would affect you directly.
I agree completely, it is all down to the individual asking for the dares whether or not they do them, and I can't see anybody trying something they really don't want to.
I do think it's a little iffy to have much older members daring young girls or guys, but when you think about it, they have slightly more experience and so are more likely to know the best dares anyway.
Just my opinion, as always, feel free to argue.

Magic always comes with a price....

Sarge90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
naked40
getDare Sweetheart

personally, I never respond to kids wanting dares to do in public, only ones in the privacy of their own room. I am careful what I suggest to them also.

I love Truths. PM me any time with your questions
naked40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
fork
Account Banned

If there were under 18 forums and 18+ forums, an underage person can just sign up with a different birthday so what's the point?
People are always going to find ways around things..
Old 03-23-2009, 02:58 PM   #13
V-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
I agree no one is being forced to do dares and once people aren't asking for pics (which is against the rules) I don't think there is any problem. I don't think it's disgusting for an 18+ person to give a 18- person dares once thei rdaring them to help the person and not cause they are a perv or something like that.
limits: public, shit, extreme pain, permanent, gay stuff, crossdressing, diapers, messy
V-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #14
Kaaizseu

I really don't see a problem with it...
If they do want pictures or dare them to do something that could seriously hurt them or get them in trouble.... then that's a problem...
It shouldn't be separated... those people should just be warned or banned depending on the situation

Loves : Masturbation, Orgasm
O.K : Outodoors, Semi-Public
Dislikes : Public, Pain
Limits : Illegal, Serious/Permanent Damage, Involving Others, Must be at or near home, Cross-dressing
Kaaizseu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #15
Smile
Account Banned

Way I see it is going with what the law itself says.

Someone knows the difference between right and wrong at the age of 10.

14 is an age when people are getting to grips with sex, they joke around with it, but know when things are getting too far.

Admitedly, coming from a 14 year old myself, I do believe that some dares are just too much, but many arn't.

I do not think it would be good to segragate GetDare, it's not like we can't think of dares ourself, or even better....

If you type "truth or dare" into google, one of the results is a website that will give you dares without even having to sign up, all you do is click the "Rating: R+" button and you have got a dare.

Children arn't as vaunrable as adults think they are. I have done most of the adult life so to speak, smoked, drank, went to bars partied with 18 year olds... It is just part of life, is a few dares saying "I dare you to run out into your back garden for 10 seconds" really any worse?

Ofcoarse, another thing being that many people, do infact take into consideration of their age. For a 13 year old I would give a nice fun dare, for example "switch clothes with someone" or "kiss someone on the cheek". For a 14/15 year old who seems to be mature, for example BettyBoop, I would give a more sexual dare, as I know she is someone that can handle the responsibility. Another thing is, no-one can force you to do anything. Although quite often I have problems saying "no", I always know when to stop.

I hope this has helped you understand both, my and many other peoples views.

Note: If I use "" it is meant to be as a dazed daydream look, not an insult.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote