Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

View Poll Results: Who would be interested in a verification system?
I think this could be a good idea 22 37.93%
I don't mind/not interested 16 27.59%
I'm against it (state why) 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 06:11 AM   #61
Siren
getDare Succubus

Along with most other people who've posted on this thread, I think this idea is neither feasible nor needed.

Yes, some people are good at faking and fool everyone into thinking they're someone else for years... but the majority of fakes aren't. You only need to check the ban list to see that. And although I don't know how you got burned, in the majority of cases it seems to happen to guys who are too horny and/or desperate to question something which any reasonable person would realise is too good to be true.

I've seen countless threads from "girls" asking for dares in which they either provide a poor report completely lacking in any kind of detail ("it was really hot and I came so hard and I want more dares now please") or an outlandish report which is quite obviously a fantasy ("I stripped naked in the middle of the park and asked 30 guys to fuck me and 10 of them came on my face and then pissed on me and then one made me his slave") and yet miraculously people (usually guys) still keep giving them dares, asking for their KIK etc.

Either that, or a profile which gives out far too much information for it to be real; majority of people on this site, especially females, will not give out their real name to everyone and will not put up a face picture. Users which have a generic picture of, say, a cute dog, or a pretty flower, as their avatar are actually usually the genuine ones. Yes, some girls post face pictures, or boob pictures, or have their real name as their username... but I've yet to find a user with all of that information available who wasn't a fake.

Onto your proposed verification system. Despite your assertions, I completely disagree that it is possible to verify age and gender from a photo of your body. Firstly, gender and sex are not the same thing: although I have a female body, that does not necessarily mean that I am a woman. How do you propose trans people who have not undergone gender reassignment surgeries would verify themselves? Secondly, it would be all too easy for a male to make their body look female and vice versa. Finally, as minimarshmellow said, not everyone looks their age. I fail to see how anyone could possibly verify that someone was in fact over 18 and not in fact 14 or 15, or in their 40s, or over 60, et cetera.

As other people have said, any kind of verification system would exert pressure on those who decided not to verify, regardless of the amount of people choosing to use such a system. Already there is a huge amount of pressure to prove that you are who you say you are, especially if you're a woman. I have female friends on the site who don't have any pictures of themselves on their profiles who often receive messages from random guys (who usually have no pictures or info of/about themselves on their profiles) demanding that they "prove" their gender.

Finally, as several others have said, this is the internet: you need to have a certain level of trust to form any kind of relationship here. Fakes come in many forms; just because someone proves that they are an 18 year old female, for example, doesn't mean that they are actually completing all of the tasks you've set, or that they aren't actually in an offline relationship too. You'd do a lot better on this site if you trusted people until they gave you a reason not to do so, rather than acting as if everyone is a liar until proven otherwise.

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more
Old 06-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #62
andom4444
Moderator & Nice Guy

I am closing this thread.

It is something that has been debated before. Unfortunately the only site that does this effectively is a well known swingers website where you do not get a "verified" account until you have been on a webcam and said your name on their chat room to a moderator.

They employ this as there is a safety aspect of people actually wanting to meet up. We do not have that here, it is 99% online, if people wish to lie it is their own choice, however it is also at their own risk, stealing photos is illegal and misrepresentation could get them in a lot of trouble.

Therefore it is up to the user to tell the truth.

As a mod we regularly ban people who log in from the same computer and operate multiple accounts.

Hidden Public, Semi-Public, Exhibitionism, Nudity, Voyeurism, Toys, Light to Medium Pain (Pegs etc)
Limits:
Friends, Family, Scat, Beastiality, Hair, Findom, Work, Blood, Scat, Vomit

Closed Thread

Tags
fake, fakes, flair, real, verification