Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

View Poll Results: Who would be interested in a verification system?
I think this could be a good idea 22 37.93%
I don't mind/not interested 16 27.59%
I'm against it (state why) 20 34.48%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #16
gentlemaster

Nope... Because I would verify everyone, like a moderator if you prefer. I would verify man, woman, crossdresser etc etc regardless of if they are dom/sub
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #17
NoMercy

Okay, so no public photo sharing.

My idea: Verification should be similar to taking a look at
  • Friends list
  • Overall profile quality
(this is actually how you verify someone at the moment)
I'm suggesting adding a fifth element: voting. Like voting on a blogpost. And possibly you could only vote on others if you were here at least a month and/or already have 10 forum posts.
There could also be a "This user has shown me a photo of them and I verify that their age and sex are correct" button. So it's not public, you just see a number by the username of how many other users have verified them.

Also a flair under the avatar would be useful. Something like these:

The internet is based on trust, these are just tools that help you on your way.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:18 AM   #18
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

I never would have joined this site if I had to be verified. I wouldn't verify myself to anyone, mod or not, unless I had a vested interest in that person. I've never really cared about whether people on this site thought if I was real or not. But I've noticed many of the men who claim that girls are fake on this site usually don't have a profile picture of themselves up..which is pretty contradictory in my opinion. I've spoken to countless girls on this site through cam/photo chats and have a pretty good running list of who is exactly who they claim to be.. So maybe the vibe you're giving off is making the real girls put off...or maybe you just have plain bad luck. Either way, I've seen this idea proposed quite a few times and it never pans out the way the OP wishes it would.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #19
gentlemaster

NoMercy I like your idea and I've thought about the flair, I would have suggested that if I knew how to do it but unfortunately I don't..

Lola.Fox, AGAIN, this is not something that I said I would like to be obligatory and there would be no use for the Dares thread. I understand if someone doesn't want to do it but it is just a bonus and that would highlight people who wants to show they're not fake.

And I don't think it's contradictory at all, I don't want to put pictures of myself on internet that's why I made CLEAR that I would not put the verification picture up. And how can you even know if someone profile picture is actually the real person?
Old 06-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #20
gentlemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola.fox View Post
I never would have joined this site if I had to be verified. I wouldn't verify myself to anyone, mod or not, unless I had a vested interest in that person.
Well you already did because you put up pictures of you in your album so I don't see the difference between that and giving them privately anonymously and that won't go in any album... to someone there who would verify.

I didn't make this for the people who're not interested in knowing who they are talking to but I did it for people who want to be sure about the person they will be involved in a relationship with
Old 06-16-2015, 10:55 AM   #21
inferiorwhiteboi
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola.fox View Post
I never would have joined this site if I had to be verified. I wouldn't verify myself to anyone, mod or not, unless I had a vested interest in that person. I've never really cared about whether people on this site thought if I was real or not. But I've noticed many of the men who claim that girls are fake on this site usually don't have a profile picture of themselves up..which is pretty contradictory in my opinion. I've spoken to countless girls on this site through cam/photo chats and have a pretty good running list of who is exactly who they claim to be.. So maybe the vibe you're giving off is making the real girls put off...or maybe you just have plain bad luck. Either way, I've seen this idea proposed quite a few times and it never pans out the way the OP wishes it would.
I completely agree with pretty much all of lola's points.

No Verification system is 100% foolproof. Anybody that desperate to join will find a way around it (Photos of their sister, or whatever).

There are a number of tip-offs that anybody can look for, if they want to be on the lookout to protect themselves against fakes, underage users or whatever.

If you look at enough posts, you'll see a lot of typos or grammatical errors in posts, which are often a dead giveaway of an underage user. But that's just one of countless ways regarding that particular issue.

Enough interaction with another person is often adequate to form your own opinion if someone is or isn't who they say they are.

To be honest, I'm a grown man. I know what breasts, vaginas, penises, panties, sex toys, and so forth all look like. Using the internet is not a quest to see every other human, naked or otherwise.

Full disclosure, I'm GLAD that there are guys running around on here pestering the ladies to see their naked bodies. Why? Because when a guy like me comes along and makes a new female acquaintance, they often mention to me what a nice guy I am once they make their own mind up that I'm not just another guy that wants to get pics to use for jerking off.

And besides, people have a right to privacy. It's no secret that there are countless pictures on the internet that the person in the photo wishes weren't publicly available.

So try a little trust. You'll make a lot of GREAT friends that way. But by all means, anybody you think is faking age or gender, steer clear of.
Bunny says, "Bye bye!"
Old 06-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #22
sluttylexi
Account Banned

I'm like totally behind this idea! Verification would be great. I actually think that a mixture of the image/voting systems would be best. People who want to be verified quickly can do the photographs and those that don't can just let people vote on their profiles. However I think that a voting system would be very open to abuse.

As a girl on this site, I get a lot of PMs from people daring me to do stuff. Often, guys (and yeah i'm going to generalise horribly because I can honestly say a woman has never done this to me) will strike up a conversation and act very friendly only to turn nasty if I refuse to send pics/do the poorly thought through dares that blatantly defy my limits. I'm a bit scared that this sort of man would give people shitty rankings just for not obeying them. On the flipside I guess this system would allow me to vote on their profiles and warn other people away from them.

I'm also only down with picture verification being used in the sub/dom subforum, I think that if it was used in other parts of the site it would soon die.

Something else that has happened a few times is guys pretending to be girls to try and befriend me. I only find out if i see them posting as men later. I looooooove away to stop that happening.

I think that there should be a group of people who are modding these photos, that should stop people worrying that this is just a chance for OP to be pervy.

I'm a girl I'm 18 and I have no toys
Limits: Blood, Scat, Public, Extreme Pain, Illegal, pics

I've taken an oath at church to never masturbate. This means I won't orgasm OR edge, thanks for understanding
Old 06-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #23
gentlemaster

I never said the verification would be needed to join the site.. It is just a BONUS once you're in. Everything is 100% foolproof so I don't see the point. I came up with the idea because it's better than nothing (in my opinion)

About your grammatical errors point I don't agree, some kids know how to write a lot better than grown ups and some foreigners (like me) might write a lot worse than kids.
You say they are countless ways to bust a fake and that's part of my point, I am not having fun checking every ways to see if someone is fake or not.

You talk about enough interaction, that's also my point. You spent hours talking to someone and making efforts to know them, teach them stuff etc etc ending up with "thanks well i'm not who I said I am I just used you now bye" and I'm tired of this

For the rest, about being a grown man and seeing breast and so well..? Good for you but I didn't get why you said that? What does it have to do with verification? And I also got compliments saying i'm not just looking for pics to jerk off to (cause i'm not..) so yay to auto congratulation and self promotion and finally

AGAIN, YES anyone have right of privacy, people who wants to get verified can do it and those who don't well okay I don't care! And the pictures are not going anywhere on the net so yes it is still private

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-16-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:38 AM   #24
techiegirl
Distinguished Member

The problem is that if a girl doesn't verify, then people will accuse her of lying. People do that enough even when there isn't the option to verify.

There is really no reason to verify as if you want people to know you are who you say you are, you can do it on your own. Offering this doesn't serve any kind of purpose and I know when I first joined this site I wouldn't have verified it with anyone, mod or not. If people want to believe I'm not a woman, that is their right.

21~F~Brat
Likes and Such
[23:52:04] RiskyFlame: techiegirl is very real
#modapproved

Old 06-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #25
inferiorwhiteboi
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemaster View Post
I never said the verification would be needed to join the site.. It is just a BONUS once you're in. Everything is 100% foolproof so I don't see the point. I came up with the idea because it's better than nothing (in my opinion)

About your grammatical errors point I don't agree, some kids know how to write a lot better than grown ups and some foreigners (like me) might write a lot worse than kids.
You say they are countless ways to bust a fake and that's part of my point, I am not having fun checking every ways to see if someone is fake or not.

You talk about enough interaction, that's also my point. You spent hours talking to someone and making efforts to know them, teach them stuff etc etc ending up with "thanks well i'm not who I said I am I just used you now bye" and I'm tired of this

For the rest, about being a grown man and seeing breast and so well..? Good for you but I didn't get why you said that? What does it have to do with verification? And I also got compliments saying i'm not just looking for pics to jerk off to (cause i'm not..) so yay to auto congratulation and self promotion and finally

AGAIN, YES anyone have right of privacy, people who wants to get verified can do it and those who don't well okay I don't care! And the pictures are not going anywhere on the net so yes it is still private
I'm not going to go round and round in circles for hours with you on this. But...

In terms of interacting with others, this is a 'buyer beware' type of site. One look at the Ban List (available via the Quick Links drop-down bar) will clue anybody in how many underage and gender-faking users this site has had and currently has.

Adults, especially kink-aware adults, regardless of what their native language is, know how to proprerly spell words like orgasm, torture & what not. No 30 year old writes a post that starts with "Please torcher my pussy and deny me orgazums".

If you're not having fun doing simple things to check if somebody is an obvious fake, then maybe this isn't the site for you.

You mentiong "teach them stuff" in your reply. That, right there, is probably why you're having so many problems. The people that need taught stuff, especially if it's basic stuff, are probably under-age, fake, or are just leading you on. Again, to my point about adults - the average 25 year old knows how to use google to learn how to tie a crotch rope or whatever.

Why did I mention that I know what breasts & such look like? Because I could care less whether or not a lady has naked or semi-nude pictures posted. Far too many ladies on here feel obligated to post pictures, because they get constantly hounded to "show their tits" & whatnot.

The site is what it is. Use it accordingly. If you don't want to take simple steps and keep an eye out for mental "red flags", so be it. In all aspects of life, people need to do plenty of CYA, which means Cover Your Ass if you're not familiar with the jargon. The internet is a wild & crazy place, and warrants being used with caution.
Bunny says, "Bye bye!"
Old 06-16-2015, 11:59 AM   #26
gentlemaster

I mostly agree with you and maybe I'm a little naive then, when I'm getting fooled. But still, this is not only about me ( I didn't do all of this for me ) and I think I'm not the only one who thinks this could be a good help (of course this will not be an ultimate solution)

I was just trying to make the site cleaner and help moderating against the fake/spammer so people who don't want to be part of this well it's okay I understand, but let the people who wants to try this, try

I think this is the best, let people choose what they want. I'm not forcing anyone so I think this is worse a try
Old 06-16-2015, 12:17 PM   #27
Volt Switch

I don't support this idea for multiple reasons and agree with what a lot of people have already said, so I'll try not to rant too much.

First of all, this is the internet. Yes, there are fakes, catfish, scammers, people just looking for fap material... And there are the real ones, shy ones, open ones, those who come here for the sake of anonymity... (Theoretically) you can be just as anonymous as you want in gD since it doesn't require any real information unlike certain sites do. There is a reason people prefer that. Let's imagine this was a site where you would need to sign up with your own, verified first and last names to write anything: the site would be dead. As simple as that. With things of sexual nature people are cautious and like to hide behind anonymity. That is understandable and that is alright. This whole verification system would go against that. Even if you were the only one seeing the pictures and even if there were no face pictures, there is still a theoretical chance that the person submitting the image may be recognised. That puts many people in a position where they would rather abandon the ship, so to say, than do something that crosses their comfort zone.

Now, let's imagine this was optional and that it picked up and people started "verifying" themselves. That would cause pressure for people to verify, whether it was intentional or not. This in turn would potentially cause either one of two things: a) gD would die b) gD would become a small, almost closed community. Compared to what it is now, I don't think either would be good.

When it comes to relationships and putting effort into them... Well, tough luck. Unfortunately, that's sometimes the price you need to pay. Besides gender there are so many things that could be fake about a person that it's always a gamble, even if you knew for sure that the person you were talking with was a guy or a girl or something else.

In short: I think the verification system you suggested would put too much pressure on people, whether intended or not, and still would not be 100% effective in getting rid of the fakes. Sure, it's an interesting idea, but I don't think it would work.

Likes orgasm denial, teasing, pain, spanking
Dislikes penetration, writing lines, wedgies
Interested in being a little, anal
Limits edging, permanent, pics/video/audio, public, pee, poop

Last edited by Volt Switch; 06-16-2015 at 12:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #28
NoMercy

I'm lost in the comments, you should put up a poll to at least see what people think. (public photo/privately moderated photo/voting/nothing)

But I don't think the photo verification will work. Long-term community verification is more relevant than photo verification. Maybe some voting or group memberships shown everywhere under the usernames might work.

But! I would love to see usernames shown colored if they are males or females or other. Or sexuality. Or something like that.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:43 PM   #29
gentlemaster

There are obviously two types of people .. Those who thinks this is a good idea (I just received a PM supporting my idea) and those who don't

I don't think this would put pressure.. come on.. Just look at the other replies, people who don't want to do this just wouldn't care and again this would be for the master/slave area not the other ones Master/slave area people are EXPLICITLY looking for a SEX and AGE that they are referring so then well what's the point of this area??? We should just put up "dominant person looking for submissive person" and that wouldn't make any sense

You're AGAIN comparing with veryyy specific info like real name and surname to create and account?? You're way too exaggerating, this has NOTHING to do with that, be serious for a second.

"Even if you were the only one seeing the pictures and even if there were no face pictures, there is still a theoretical chance that the person submitting the image may be recognised." No no no please.. Don't force me to do the math.. This is not a valid argument.. IT IS totally impossible. Me, a random French guy, would recognize someone from what.. a shape? it's like saying yes I'm sure it's her I recognize her shadow.. And what would I do with that? Anyway..

I think you're over thinking what you said would never happen, even with a verification there will still be fake who don't even care to be verified, this is just a way to make the one who wants to maybe more affordable

EDIT: I made a poll

Last edited by gentlemaster; 06-16-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I made a poll
Old 06-16-2015, 12:48 PM   #30
inferiorwhiteboi
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemaster View Post
I was just trying to make the site cleaner and help moderating against the fake/spammer so people who don't want to be part of this well it's okay I understand, but let the people who wants to try this, try
Want to help? Then I'd suggest this: On every post a person makes, there's a red triange with an exclamation point in it. That's a REPORT button. It tells the Moderators, "Hey something's fishy here" and lets you explain why you're reporting. These sorts of links are on posts, profiles, pretty much all over the place, and they're there so that we, as users, can help the moderators do their moderating. Somebody says that they're 15 in a post, CLICK. Somebody requests nudes in a post, CLICK. Presto, you're helping make getDare a better place.
Bunny says, "Bye bye!"
Closed Thread

Tags
fake, fakes, flair, real, verification