Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-05-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

Default Getting the girl on cam.

Now these don't apply to everyone, you can find women/men that this doesn't apply too. there are people who are exhibitionists who like showing themselves off.

It is because of the following that most women(and some men for that matter) doesn't admit to even having a webcam:

1) Trust. if the person just met you, how do they know that you are who you say that you are? opening a conversation "hi, you have a cam?" would most likely have the prospective partner say "No" at the very least.
Quote:
"hi, you have a cam?"
"No"
"well MSN has a cam image under your display picture"
"well i had one but it is broken"
"O really?"
"YES!"*block*
How do they know that you don't have programs that allow you to record the images, cams and make photos out of the webcam feed, then spread them around to everyone.

2) Have one yourself! Why should they go on cam when they cant see you on cam? how is this fair?

3) Don't make the Cam the most important thing in the relationship with the person you are talking to! if you are in contact with the person, and they have a cam it doesn't need to be on every second that you are talking with them.
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
alexrules01

You are right there.
I do ask if they have a pic of themselves after talking to them for a bit, because I would like to see who I am talking to. I dont have a webcam, so I don't expect there webcam to be on, but if they have one, why not turn it on?
Guys want girls on cam because they think she'll be naked for them, and they can jack off or something.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:19 AM   #3
JoMo
getDare Sweetheart

All good points masterpain. However, in this forum there is extensive talk of how a slave must trust their master, which is absolutely true. However when dealing with an online S/M relationship the master must trust the slave to actually do what they're saying and are who they say they are. If you have found someone saying they're an 18 year old blonde who is willing to do anal and toilet play the only way to really find out is via webcam. Noone wants to spend 4 hours getting to know someone to find out that they're actually a 42 yr old man after thinking they were and 18 yr. old girl, or to discover that they have no interest in being a slave at all and are just doing the "to catch a predator" routine. I don't think slaves should get naked on cam straight away (unless they want to) but if they have one they should atleast show themselves to demonstrate that they are telling the truth.
JoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 05:16 AM   #4
alexrules01

I'm not sure wether he means an s/m relationship. Because many guys would just ask this straight away wether they just wanted to talk. An s/m relationship would be a bit different, because as you said JoMo, I wouldn't want to sit at the computer for a long period of time, thinking of what I could do with my slave who has given her limits/interest/turn-ons, and find out its a 60 year old guy!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #5
JoMo
getDare Sweetheart

well most of the time that is why a guy would ask for a cam...I hope.....maybe I'm just weird though.....
JoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #6
Simple_me

i dont think i've ever asked for a girl to go on cam, i'd only every ask for pictures after a while, but not nececarly(i'm tired, okay?) naughty ones.
and i'd never show my face in any pictures or on cam, to me its common sense, although i'm amazed at some slaves who show everything, but also a bit worried.

i'm tired, this is sortof pieces of thought.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #7
TheLittleStrawberry
getDare Devil

I get annoyed when someone I added, asks about the cam as the first thing.

No I wont go on cam. I also get annoyed if they ask for pics.

I usually only wanna go on cam for people who I consider friends, and even then I find it annoying.

Sometimes I am in the mood for cam though, so there is a small chance.

Im doing dares again If you wanna send one, you can PM me, but I'll probably hang around the dare threads as well.

Limits: I wont ingest anything nasty, Nothing messy that will ruin my furniture or belongings, nothing public, nothing illegal.

most humiliating dare:
I was dared not to remove my panties at all for a few days. Not even for bathroom duties, and to cut a little hole for 'nr 2' as I couldnt remove them . It was strange.
TheLittleStrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
Isabell

Let's not forget the girls who are under age and say that they are older. Then again I had two guy friends in high school that thought it was great fun to impersonate me on line when I came to visit them. (Thankfully they never did it when I wasn't there.)

There have been soooo many people burned over the internet. It just getting to the point that people may not believe what they have been told until they see a live picture.

Personally don't have one. If you want to know that I'm real call me or I'll call you on the phone.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #9
lucky
Account Banned

The discussion usually goes like this:

I share cam, get the message "HI, asl?" I say "x/m/x" she says "x/f/y" "Do you have a cam?" "Yes, but its broken"

How many of us have seen a broken cam? and if I really would have a broken cam, would I say "my one is broken?"

I don't trust pics, I can make my own fake pics whenever I like. I had my fun a lot placing 2 people making love in fake photos but for fun (one of the 2 people was Claudia shiffer or something the same)

I am currently blackmailed and I am not sure about my limits...
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
Pikachu
Distinguished Member

lol on this topic my cam actually did get broaken once...my brother desided to use deodarent lighter and melted the camera i simpily thought i had lost it moving but i found it a little metal ball with chords out of it.....i need to buy a new one now...but your right i have had many people say there webcam is broaken or that they say it isn't workign on my msn so you tell them use yahoo but they say i don't have yahoo but there getdare account has a yahoo on it!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #11
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPain View Post

3) Don't make the Cam the most important thing in the relationship with the person you are talking to! if you are in contact with the person, and they have a cam it doesn't need to be on every second that you are talking with them.
I think this point by MasterPain is very important. I have had many people insisting & insisting on this in previous contacts. And, as it concerns Master/slave relationships, many Masters want to be trusted but are not willing to trust back, sadly. I even had once a contact who asked me for my postal address so he would buy me one & send it to me! (didn't work, lol) But the fact is that either you go on cam or send pics you want to get to know the person first. Those who are too insisting on this (both cam or pics) often tend to make the other person uncomfortable and, as Strawberry already mentioned, annoyed.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #12
lucky
Account Banned

well the rep guy, heloooo you live in an imaginary world (internet) don't bother put your oppinion into rep comments... I'm already sick of people aggreeing/disagreeing my oppinions into reputation: just place your contrary oppinion and show you have something to say... not just doooh I disagree, I can't type messages agreeing with everyone around.

REP down: "Exactly the contrary to what girls want to hear here..." lol at least put your name and just simply explain your oppinion, don't just give bad rep, it just shows you have an IQ problem in answering a post.

Last edited by lucky; 01-16-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:41 PM   #13
MasterPain
Distinguished Member

well i posted this in the lobby so i hope that it expands forward from just the bdsm relationships of master and slave and onto just everything online.

yes i have seen "my cam is broken" way to many times... how come you just don't say "I DON'T HAVE ONE" its not hard to admit..
and yes if it is broken then why DOES the msn have a picture of a webcam under your avatar?

and for people who don't have cams... well a good cheep one is worth $20 at walmart.. a good quality one is $60... no bells and whistles just puts image onto webcam.

but now..

i degrees, i hate the "oh its broken"

anyway..

I'm saying.. that it is good to chat with someone for a bit before you "pop the question" maybe if they feel the communication is going positively then they will reply to "do you have a cam?" from "its broken" to "sure!"

Quote:
REP down: "Exactly the contrary to what girls want to hear here..." lol at least put your name and just simply explain your opinion, don't just give bad rep, it just shows you have an IQ problem in answering a post.
side-note on this:
i get my rep put up and down all the time on this site....
i had someone not even reply with anything insightful or leave a blank message i got: "idiot". um... i found that insulting but funny... some moron with the IQ of Mayo felt like flexing their limited vocabulary and post a one word reply!
MasterPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:35 AM   #14
DareMe

Haha. This:

Quote:
"hi, you have a cam?"
"No"
"well MSN has a cam image under your display picture"
"well i had one but it is broken"
"O really?"
"YES!"*block*

Has happened to me many a time. Just gotta be patient. After a couple days of conversation ask for a pic or two. If you like what you see, progress towards cam. Might take a little while.
DareMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #15
lucky
Account Banned

btw I started do the same placing my TV-tunner as a webcam "aaa sorry, it is broken too, look, spots..." And yesterday I've discovered an old net friend having her cam ... fixed

I had a lot of fun insisting: "what exactly is broken? I can fix it for you, give you an advice... if you wish give me a msn remote assistance invitation and I can make your computer work as a charm" (btw I've suggested a restore/restart to someone to get rid of a virus and she hasn't come back for a couple of days ) don't know if I did something wrong)

...about rep, I'm getting used to it but its annoying when every time I enter (once/2 days for a quick while) I get to read reps instead of posts and try to figure out where did I do wrong. I don't feel myself as an angel but I prefer being devil intentionally, not voted as one.

Advertisements
Kink Talk