Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

Old 06-18-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
novice_girl

Default Advice for buying butterfly vibrator

Hi all

I'm thinking about buying a butterfly vibrator with remote that I can wear out and about, but I've never owned anything like this so am wondering if anyone here can help me.

I'm especially wondering about a four things:
  1. How actually does the harness thing work? Is it secure and discreet? (Meaning if I wear it out and about, is it easily hidden under clothes and will it stay in place without worry?)
  2. What is the battery life like?
  3. How silent are they? Can I safely wear it out in public without fear of it being overheard?
  4. How good is the remote control?

I understand that the answers to those questions might vary a lot depending on the specific brand and model and so on, but any advice is still really helpful! And of course if anyone has any brands/models that they specifically recommend (or think i should avoid!) that is especially helpful. I am based in London, so can buy online or go into a store.

Thanks for your help!!

(I hope this is the right place for this thread. If not, mods, please move it to wherever it should be!)

Specific: orgasm control, hidden public, name calling, body-writing, clamps/clothes pegs, spanking, a (low) chance of being caught, dressing up to go out...

Limits: dangerous/permanent/illegal, knives, pics, needles, bathroom-related, blood, age-play, time-extended, messy, sleep deprivation.

I like pushing myself but safety comes first! I'm not into dice dares.
novice_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:52 PM   #2
LovelyWhore
getDare Sweetheart

Battery life differs, as does the sounds it makes. Generally, if you're sitting on something hard such as a plastic chair, you'll hear it. Soft stuff like a bed or sofa isn't as much of an issue though. I've never found one that's remote works further than 20 feet away. From what I've seen the straps are generally like a jock strap's, so you should be good if it's under denim jeans or sweatpants, but leggings or jeggings would have lines kind of like weird underwear lines. Like anything else, if it's not adjusted perfectly it may slide or move away from where you want it, no product is perfect in that sense, but in short, start off with one with good reviews, but not too expensive! I hope you find one that you like, and I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.
it likes: Pain, Humiliation, Control, Clothespins, Degradation
it dislikes: Anal, Pee
it's limits are: Family, Friends, Public, Illegal, Scarification, Webcam/Video chat, Scat, Piercings

If you find a typo in any post it has made, or it referring to itself as anything except "it" send it a link to the page and a proper punishment!
LovelyWhore is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
advice, buying, vibrators