Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #61
switchee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindrato View Post
And are there any objections to contraception?
obviously i can't answer as a muslim, but your question is relevant to a number of countries that have recently gone through the so-called arab spring.

egypt in particular is facing issues with population control as the new muslim government does not want to promote contraception (it was heavily promoted under the previous government). that would indicate, to me at least, that it is frowned upon. at least to some degree.

resources such as inhabitable land and water are scarce in desert nations (many of which are muslim), so i would think population control is an important issue. i'd also be interested to know if there is an official standpoint on contraception/family planning.
meh : sounding, cum eating
likes : humiliation, roleplay, anal, & pretty much everything else

Last edited by switchee; 05-07-2013 at 06:06 PM.
switchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #62
Master.G

Quote:
Thank you for the answer. I also had one other question, pretty simple one:
What stance does Islam take on dating in general, and sex before marriage in particular? And are there any objections to contraception?
Dating is kind of ok, as long as there is no much physical contact (and absolutely no sexual contact).
Sex before marriage is totally forbidden, it is one of the major sins to do.
As for contraception, there is no objections that I am aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchee View Post
obviously i can't answer as a muslim, but your question is relevant to a number of countries that have recently gone through the so-called arab spring.

egypt in particular is facing issues with population control as the new muslim government does not want to promote contraception (it was heavily promoted under the previous government). that would indicate, to me at least, that it is frowned upon. at least to some degree.
Being an egyptian, I can tell you that the problem of contraception is people awareness. And about the " muslim" government, not what it does refers to islam, they are just politics who are using this name to get votes from illiterates. As well as, they have alot to repair that is more important than awareness campaigns of contraception, it is just done by usually youths who make campaigns their selves.

However, I do agree, that some people say that contraception is forbidden, however, those people are neither in a place to say that, nor do they have the knowledge to say such thing.

Sorry for long reply I just wanted to be detailed
Master.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #63
DannyK

Hello, first of all excellent thread, your answers have been very illuminating.

My question is how can you reconcile the fact that the most important prophet seems to be such an unsavoury character? Also, would you agree that he was a paedophile? IIRC Aisha was only 6 when she married him and 9 when the marriage was consummated, whereas Mohammed was in his 50s. Also unless I'm mistaken it's recorded in Sahih Muslim that he beat Aisha as well. Personally I think he sounds like a bit of a bad egg.
DannyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #64
AtticsToEden
getDare Sweetheart

Just leaving this here to give a simple explanation to certain people.

Extremely interesting thread though!

Hello, my name is
Eden.

[ NineteenFemaleEnglandBisexual ]

Likes, Dislikes and Limits.

AtticsToEden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #65
12356416514a
getDare Devil

Send a message via Yahoo to 12356416514a

The islam allows man to slap the shit out of their wives, why would anyone believe that this god is a good god? The islam also wants it's followers to kill all the people that don't believe in allah.

Yes I'm a BOY!!! Stop asking me
12356416514a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #66
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
Thank you for the answer. I also had one other question, pretty simple one:
What stance does Islam take on dating in general, and sex before marriage in particular? And are there any objections to contraception?
Sex before marriage is forbidden. When Islam was first founded, there was quite a lot of infanticide. Islam forbade this however contraception is generally allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyK View Post
Hello, first of all excellent thread, your answers have been very illuminating.

My question is how can you reconcile the fact that the most important prophet seems to be such an unsavoury character? Also, would you agree that he was a paedophile? IIRC Aisha was only 6 when she married him and 9 when the marriage was consummated, whereas Mohammed was in his 50s. Also unless I'm mistaken it's recorded in Sahih Muslim that he beat Aisha as well. Personally I think he sounds like a bit of a bad egg.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ad-aisha-truth - says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12356416514a View Post
The islam allows man to slap the shit out of their wives, why would anyone believe that this god is a good god? The islam also wants it's followers to kill all the people that don't believe in allah.
"The Islam" doesn't advocate killing non-believers at all nor does ask men to "slap the shit out of their wives". Genuine questions would be nice.

Last edited by Pingu; 05-14-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #67
12356416514a
getDare Devil

Send a message via Yahoo to 12356416514a

I don't know if you are a Muslim or not, but if you are, what are you doing here? Do you think Allah would be pleased if he knew you visit places like this? If Mohammed would be alive, do you think he would browse this forum?

Anyway, about that killing:

Quran (2:191-193) "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah." The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

And why does the Quran say things like this?

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"

or this

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Why would a good God say anything like that?

and lastly, why doesn't God stop all the pain that happens in the world? And why are muslim countries always that fucked up? Even Turkey, a modern muslim country is totally fucked up.

Yes I'm a BOY!!! Stop asking me
12356416514a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #68
spacegal24
getDare Sweetheart

I don't have a question, but I just wanted to say that I've been reading the thread and I've found the whole thing fascinating. I've learned a lot about the Muslim religion. It really seems like a beautiful religion. Thanks for sharing, Pingu.
spacegal24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #69
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
I don't know if you are a Muslim or not, but if you are, what are you doing here? Do you think Allah would be pleased if he knew you visit places like this? If Mohammed would be alive, do you think he would browse this forum?
Yes, I am Muslim. I was curious many years ago and have stuck around. I don't participate in the S/M part of the site and just mod the site. Considering the amount of paedophiles I've stopped the last 5 years, I am comfortable with my position I have here. If I am punished for it in the after life then so be it.

Quote:
Anyway, about that killing:.....
I haven't pasted the whole paragraph as it's just pasted from an anti-Islamic site. Firstly, the quote from the Qur'an that you have pasted is missing the initial paragraph which is:

"Fight in the way of Allah those who fight you but do not transgress. Indeed. Allah does not like transgressors."

If you want it spelled out to you then that means you can defend yourself but do not transgress defending yourself. i.e. Do not go and attack innocent people so again your killing quote is wrong. If you want to quote stuff from other websites, please ensure that you actually have researched the topic yourself.

Quote:
And why does the Quran say things like this?

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females"
You do realise that the Bible says woman are not allowed to inherit anything because they are deemed part of the "estate". In 2013, a law has only just been passed allowing daughters of the royal family (UK) to become Queen ahead of a male issue.

Quote:
or this
But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them [lightly]. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

A correct quote, it is the last resort and it is "lightly" not "beat the hell out of them".

Quote:
why doesn't God stop all the pain that happens in the world? And why are muslim countries always that fucked up? Even Turkey, a modern muslim country is totally fucked up
It is a test. If you are able to get through the pain and keep your faith then you will be rewarded in the after-life.

Your next statement is quite frankly absurd. Not all Muslim countries are "fucked up" as you put it. Some of it is down to Western interference and some of it is down to greed. To blame it on religion is an incredibly stupid statement. Although if your viewpoint is that "all Muslim countries are fucked up" then I'll just need to remind you of Germany's history under the Nazi party.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #70
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegal24 View Post
I don't have a question, but I just wanted to say that I've been reading the thread and I've found the whole thing fascinating. I've learned a lot about the Muslim religion. It really seems like a beautiful religion. Thanks for sharing, Pingu.
No problem. I am glad you have found it informative.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #71
switchee

I would like to hear your view on this story

http://www.smh.com.au/world/child-ra...523-2k2ch.html

I personally find it abhorrent, but it seems that sharia law permits such things. Do you think or hope that there will come a time when Islam is no longer associated with these kinds of stories?
meh : sounding, cum eating
likes : humiliation, roleplay, anal, & pretty much everything else
switchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #72
Pingu
Be afraid

Not sure how they came to such a decision. Sex (regardless of age) outside of marrige is now allowed so even if there was consent then there would be a whole host of reasons why it would be wrong.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #73
born2serve

This is a personal question so I will thoroughly understand if anyone does not want to answer it, but how do Muslims feel about being blamed for the actions of two people who killed a british soldier for their 'country' when they were born and raised in britain.
http://news.sky.com/story/1094804/wo...dier-lee-rigby
I would like to make it clear that I, in no way, am shallow enough to generalisr and blame all muslims for this outrage but am interested in peoples response. Mostly because I do have family serving for the british army and am proud of it. If anyone is offended in anuway through this, please pm me and I will remove it, I dont want to cause an argument.
On spank bank I currently have -
Pussy - 9, 960
Left ass cheek - 1, 743
Left tit - 758
These are all at 5% interest a day
born2serve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #74
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2serve View Post
how do Muslims feel about being blamed for the actions of two people who killed a british soldier for their 'country' when they were born and raised in britain.
http://news.sky.com/story/1094804/wo...dier-lee-rigby
As you have stated, only a narrow minded idiot would blame a whole religion for the actions of a couple people and to be quite honest, I don't have the time to think about such people.

I know the vast majority of people wouldn't blame Islam and therefore I don't feel much.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #75
Dareholic
getDare Addict

I thought I read somewhere the Muslims usually view "the Qur'an" as the original scripture as revealed in Arabic and that any translations are necessarily deficient. I was just curious as to why a religon would not allow it to be tranlated into another languege, if it where not hinding anything? Now I understand certain words do not translate into english very good, but that happens with almost any translation into any language on the planet. Or are they just really strict in the way they read "the Qur'an", which does not allow said translation. Or am I just reading to much into it?

RETIRED: THANKS getDare, I HAD FUN.

OH, JUST REMEMBER: "Life is not fun, unless you are having fun." - Dareholic

"Adam was but human - this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent." - Mark Twain
Yamask
Dareholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk