Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Ask me Anything (AMA)

Old 09-26-2016, 02:28 PM   #46
2bchew
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleonav06 View Post
you got it correct! Unlike the OP
Yay! I thought I knew it!!! The puppies one I wasnt real sure about!
2bchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #47
KittenRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyPig View Post
Discuss the relationship/difference between Laplace and Fourier transformations. Also, while you're at it, go into why the methods to convert them are so similar.

Extra points if you bring up the Z Transform and DTFT
In the meanwhile, you may want to read my report of a hogtie task I did a while ago. Of course, its pretty hard to think about transforms and things like that when one is all tied up and struggling to get out, but one tries.

(incidentally, I use FFTs all the time in my work, looking at the spectrum of energy in various modes of a solution etc. A nice way to torture my grad students is to ask them to compute FFTs of large data sets. They get horribly confused with units etc. Of course, I did too when I first looked at these, but after a while it becomes natural. Anyway, that is certainly far less interesting than my other adventures, at least to most people here!).

KittenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:09 PM   #48
bleonav06
Account Banned

What do you think about the Big Bang theory and its scientific backing and doubters.

Do you believe in white holes?

What do you think dark energy is composed of?

What is a WIMP?

What is strong force?

Limits pics vids scat illegal family extreme pain public wedgies messy

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Lol you just wasted your time opening this
bleonav06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to bleonav06 for this post:
Old 09-26-2016, 09:21 PM   #49
KittenRose

Quote:
What do you think about the Big Bang theory and its scientific backing and doubters.

Do you believe in white holes?

What do you think dark energy is composed of?

What is a WIMP?

What is strong force?
FYI: Most people in technical literature do not use the terms "Big bang theory", unless referring to the show! People call it the Lambda-CDM model (Cold Dark Matter, with Lambda referring to a term in Einstein's equation that leads to expansion). Who cares about detractors? Its hard to reject the evidence, specially from the microwave background, and, in my opinion, we probably know the large-scale structure of the universe pretty accurately. Of course, we don't know what is dark matter or energy, but what they are is not important to writing down equations of Lambda-CDM.

White holes are simply time-reversed versions of black holes. I don't understand what would involve in "believing" in them. I can write down the equations, thats all that counts.

Strong force ... again, I do not think in terms of "what" it is. Only what equations describe it. Everything else is only speculations and philosophy. Which I enjoy too, but its mostly useless in physics.

WIMPS ... dark energy ... maybe topics for later!
Old 09-26-2016, 09:26 PM   #50
bleonav06
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenRose View Post
FYI: Most people in technical literature do not use the terms "Big bang theory", unless referring to the show! People call it the Lambda-CDM model (Cold Dark Matter, with Lambda referring to a term in Einstein's equation that leads to expansion). Who cares about detractors? Its hard to reject the evidence, specially from the microwave background, and, in my opinion, we probably know the large-scale structure of the universe pretty accurately. Of course, we don't know what is dark matter or energy, but what they are is not important to writing down equations of Lambda-CDM.

White holes are simply time-reversed versions of black holes. I don't understand what would involve in "believing" in them. I can write down the equations, thats all that counts.

Strong force ... again, I do not think in terms of "what" it is. Only what equations describe it. Everything else is only speculations and philosophy. Which I enjoy too, but its mostly useless in physics.

WIMPS ... dark energy ... maybe topics for later!
well there is a big debate as to whether white holes do exist, the equations predict that they do, however the practicality of them is in question. By the way the equations and the concepts are both important and any intelligent person would know that

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Old 09-26-2016, 09:34 PM   #51
KittenRose

Quote:
well there is a big debate as to whether white holes do exist, the equations predict that they do, however the practicality of them is in question. By the way the equations and the concepts are both important and any intelligent person would know that
It's only my opinion that very often trying think of what something "means" is useless. Its best not to get bogged down by such things. Again, for me. And, I should add, for several others, including Richard Feynman.

Initially, when one is learning, yes, its good to have a mental model, but later on these mental models hinder rather than help.

However, I can understand others approach this differently. No need to get all personal and insulting!
Old 09-27-2016, 08:16 PM   #52
bleonav06
Account Banned

what is the equation for strong force?

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:

Advertisements
Kink Talk