Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

View Poll Results: Whats your opinion on 2012 doomsday.
Totally crazy and unlikly. 26 44.83%
Unsure just waiting to see... 4 6.90%
ITS GONNA HAPPEN I KNOW IT, but im too lazy to do anything 2 3.45%
I've been stockpiling supplies for months... 3 5.17%
If we die we die it will happen someday... 12 20.69%
Totally different than any option here. 11 18.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #16
EnigmaNZ
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to EnigmaNZ

I believe the timeline up the central staircase in the Cheops pyramid also stops at 2012. Notradamus predictions also stop at 2012, or was it he forecast destruction in 2012, one or the other. Anyway it wasn't just the Myans that predicted something happening in that year. Thats what caused all the delemma. The comet that is supposed to come between the Earth and the moon and some think could hit us, isn't due until 2028 iirc. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

The pain is, does one plan for ones retirement etc or is it a waste of time and money. Should one sell their assetts in 2011 and spend a year having a global pub crawl. Should one do something illegal a few days prior knowing noone will be around to catch you. Questions. I am seeing it today.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #17
lokelake
getDare Succubus

The thing is, no one knows when Earth will die only God knows that answer. It could be trillions of years from now, or just 30 years from now. As soon as the 7 year tribulation is done, Earth is destroyed and all humans stand in front of Jesus for judgement day.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #18
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
As soon as the 7 year tribulation is done, Earth is destroyed and all humans stand in front of Jesus for judgement day.
Not in my religion.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #19
leratus
Account Banned

nasa said it will happen 2200 not 2012.
but the movie is good
leratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #20
rocketfish

Send a message via MSN to rocketfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokelake View Post
The thing is, no one knows when Earth will die only God knows that answer. It could be trillions of years from now, or just 30 years from now. As soon as the 7 year tribulation is done, Earth is destroyed and all humans stand in front of Jesus for judgement day.
the earth will die in 3.6 billion (approx) years due to the sun growing ect (if nothing happens before that does)....

i think all humans will be wiped away LONG before the earth dies. and if the earth blows up its not gonna change /alter the universe. humans we are so small greedy insignificant life form in this universe.

every pm I get I will wet myself
rocketfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #21
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...

"So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure,
how incredibly unlikely is your birth
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space
Because there's bugger down all here on Earth."
- Monty Python, The Galaxy Song

December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world as we know it. We will never have a world like before after that. Of course, the same can be said of every day that happens. Time marches forward, and every day, the world dies a little, only to be reborn in that same instant as something new.

The end? I think not!
The beginning, maybe.

You can visit my erotic stories website at:
interestinglifestories.weebly.com

This link can get you to all of my stories on this site as well:
Blog for my GD stories

interesting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #22
lokelake
getDare Succubus

The world will not die between now ands through 2012 (and I can say that with 100 percent certainty) since the 7 year tribulation hadn't start yet. There is not 7 years from now till 2012.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #23
masterzyon

It's not going to happen
Old 11-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #24
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

First of all, each day I wake up knowing there is a 50-50 chance the world will end. Either it does (which hasn't happened yet) or it hasn't (which has occurred a lot more times). As far as that Nostradamus garbage, his predictions don't say the world will end in 2012, in fact, he says his predictions go up to 3797, which is a long time from now. As far as Revelations go and the seven year tribunal, i feel that Revelation does not talk about the end of the world but more talking about Nero, the Roman emperor who if you count all the numbers in his name in a weird way equals 666 (meaning he was the anti-christ). If the world ends that day, too bad for us I guess. The movie looks like garbage so I will not see it. Although I said if we die it will happen someday, I feel in the end, we are pretty safe.

One extra word for Lokelake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"
I am a religious guy, and this is the Bible quote that reassures me that the Mayans know crap about this. If it happens that day its not because the Mayans said it will happen its because God did.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #25
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Manbearpig, if you are a bible believing person, the bible does not say we are all safe in the end. The bible tells us that there will be people who still won't believe in God during the entire tribulation and all non-believers and sinners will not be safe.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #26
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

I dont believe everything in the bible. I dont believe all in the bible is right, and somethings are meant to be more symbolic than truth. however, that is one thing I believe in. However, lets keep things on topic

Old 11-17-2009, 08:59 PM   #27
chubbsman7

NASA actually tested this theory (in theory, ). Supposedly... Here are the past end-of-the-world-scenarios:

Most Popular - And Unknown - 2012. Here's my opinion on it.

The Mayan's wrote this prophecy on a...

Ball.

What happened? The ball ran out of room.

Second Opinion on it:

Maybe, Just MAYBE their time could've been right. Maybe the world did end... For them. For all you know, their "2012" was fifty years ago

Or five hundred.

Y2K - The world was going to go into a total state of chaos all because the computers couldn't change that .1 Byte number From "1999" to "2000." Pretty pathetic theory now that you think about it, huh?

Status - Failure.

Other interesting facts about Y2K

2000/3 = 666.66666666 (infinitely). The devils number. Well, the devils number is 666, not 666.6... So... He he.

December 1999 - In theory (from weird website) Aliens were supposed to come and nuke us all. Funny all the article has is a picture of Aliens nuking us. He he.

1988 - Guy writes book titled "88 Reason's why the world will end in 1988" (wrote in 1987 of course.)

Guess what. In 1989 he had this book published "89 Reason's the world didn't end in '88." (LAUGH OUT LOUD!)

I'm sure there are others, but... I don't want to type forever. I'm also sure there will be some new prophecies that nobody knew about/cared about because the 2012 one didn't come true.

Hope you enjoyed that, he he. Sorry if I just flooded your thread

...And So Summer Starts (Lauren's View)

With these stories, I'll try to update every Monday or so. It depends on my work schedule, really. But I'll post as often (as appropriate, definitely not everyday!) as I can!

Also: A side project of mine:

The In The Black Fedora
chubbsman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #28
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

No, no you bring up good points. This crap has happened before, and it always has been false.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #29
chubbsman7

I will also post my opinion on God.

How can this happen without a creator:

6.8 (approx.) Billion people in the world:

When you are conceived, somehow the body tells it to only let one sperm enter the egg. Occasionally 2 enter the egg. That baby has 69/63 (I forget) X chromosomes in it, making it Hydrocephalic, have Liver Failure, brain problems, and other things.

However, normally a baby is concvieved with several typed of cells in the zygote, flat cells, six-sided cells, and round cells. Somehow, through a protein in those cells, they know to make the bones, the liver, and the brain and heart + muscles. Then they multiply via meiosis/mitosis (forget) into 1 - 2 - 4 - 8 - 16 - 32 etc. etc.

THEN, amazingly enough, the body tells itself, as soon as the umbilical cord is cut, to start breathing, whether through a series of nerves or something. If the umbilical cord isn't cut, the baby still uses it for oxygen and breathing. Thats why it HAS to be cut ASAP.

Then, as the baby grows, each individual cell in the body has a complex system of sub-microscopic proteins, making up the Mitochondria, the cell wall, and the nucleus.

There are few microscopes powerful enough to even to detect these tiny proteins and much less instruments to find out what's inside of them, and how they do their job. Not to mention that, but hormones run down through the thyroid into the body giving estrogen and testosterone to the body in appropriate amounts to let it mature efficiently.

So initially, there are trillions of "brains" working to do the smallest of tasks, like blood clotting and moving to make a foot "un-asleep" and the nervous system having several types of neurons having different tasks and uses each coordinated within each other to make yourself work...

Do I really have to go on? How can a "big bang" over billions of years do this. I don't think I really need to go on.

P.S. - I'm not arguing. I'm just posting my opinion on it, so don't ban me for it =). Sorry if I hurt your feeling Manbearpig! No meaning to insult or argue, promise.

...And So Summer Starts (Lauren's View)

With these stories, I'll try to update every Monday or so. It depends on my work schedule, really. But I'll post as often (as appropriate, definitely not everyday!) as I can!

Also: A side project of mine:

The In The Black Fedora
chubbsman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #30
truth

its going to be the start of a new chapter of earth, THE FALL OF IMPERIALISM, America will be the next rome. THANK YOU OBAMA
truth is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk