Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com > Suggestion Zone

Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #16
Coyote
getDare Addict

Stop flaming my ideas. I do not want this thread locked due to stupid bickering. Either keep it on topic with logical and relevant contributions or dont post at all.
Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #17
RandomGuy19

Send a message via AIM to RandomGuy19 Send a message via MSN to RandomGuy19

Just disagreeing with someone is niether "flaming their ideas," nor "bickering." The point I'm trying to make is, there is a reason mods are not selected by vote. It just doesn't work. There will be no guarantee of qualified mods being selected. Similarly, qualified mods could be removed just because they aren't popular. It won't work. The current system may not perfect but it gets the job done.
RandomGuy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #18
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Coyote brought up a suggestion. it does not mean you have to like it. If you disagree with it, then do it maturly. Don't flame him. Coyote havn't flamed those who disagreed with his suggestion, so don't flame him.

If you disagree with his idea, just explain nicely why you disagree with it. It is that simple.
lokelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
Dice7
getDare Addict

Dictator - Not elected.

Who said a dictator is always a bad thing?

But regardless I guess I must have just flamed you by dissagreeing with you...

Unsure: pee, anal, pic/audio proof, dildo sucking/swallow

Dislikes:light crossdress, edging/denial, extreme humiliation, full public, mild ass2mouth, ball torture

Limits: Diapers, scat, full cross dress, pics/videos that identify me
PM/KIK DARES https://bit.ly/2X8Od9N
EXPOSE MEhttps://bit.ly/3AxE70x
Dice7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #20
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Just so you know, in most cases, mods are actually chosen based on a certain elction way if you want to call it that. At least in most cases, the last one who got a spot without it being discussed much was me and it was 1 1/2 year ago. When we get applications we discuss them and look at it seriously before making a decision. No decision is made without us being in agreement about it.

Sure, we could make it a popularity contests of some sort. But you have to know that regular members don't have access to most informations such as past violations, multiple accounts, and countless other details that may play either in favor or not when we make a decision.

Are our decisions always right? No, of course not. We are humans just like everybody else here. But the decisions we make are ones we believe to be what's right for the site not just to make someone happy... Most times it works, sometimes it doesn't.

And, Coyote, you seem to imply in your OP that some of us are not "doing our jobs". That's something you should bring privately to depp. And if you think one particular user would be a great addition to the staff you have the Suggestion Zone to voice your opinion.

And, no, having a different opinion is not flaming.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #21
The godfather

electing mods would never work.
limits: public, very painful, permanent/ long lasting, illegal, dangerous, poo
The godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:11 AM   #22
Trystaan
getDare Succubus

a. Popularity contests Never work on websites. What about the new members who haven't been here long enough to know what people are like etc. These make up a lot of our members and until they know the role of the mod and speak to all the people on here then they must be extremely good judges of character to be able to vote efficiently.

b. Flaming = The act of posting or sending messages that are insulting and purposely hostile is known as Flaming.

RandomGuy has an opinion which he is entitled to, just because it doesn't agree with your opinion doesn't mean he's 'flaming' or 'bickering'. If anything you are the one who is 'flaming' by saying the Mods are unqualified and aren't doing there jobs. You don't know everyone's backgrounds and what experience they have so that is an unfair accusation.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #23
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Yes, this could be a good idea.
But maybe you should have to have been here for a while to make such decisions, newbies may just try and get rid of a mod because they said something to them that was really just fair to say. And it could end up with it being based on popularity not on how good someone would be as a mod.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:44 AM   #24
Kitten
The One & Only

Voting for a mod would pretty much be voting for wich mod is the most popular. I think that there maybe should be a thread where you can post any complaints and arguments without being scared to get banned for that particular posts. That way you can let the other mods know, and then they can decide. I believe that the mods are fair and honest enough to know when someone just wants to get rid of a mod because they don't like them, or when the mod is really in the wrong...
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #25
lokelake
getDare Succubus

This has nothing to do with popularity.

This is mainly like look back at some of the posts and threads the member made, to see if that member is worthy and will be worth while being a mod.

By popularity will mean that a user didn't really create impotant threads/posts but that user gained popularity.

That would also mean of how it won't be by popularity, like if a member was bad at all/ever on this site, that member can still have a chance of being elected to be a mod.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:18 AM   #26
dared to perfection
getDare Devil

i do agree that popular mods will work. But the also wont as that mod will have a bias towards the well established users and give less of a chance towards new comers that get things wrong and are then immediately scorned by the general users.

My second point is exactly what chloe has said. If you want to become a mod in the days (years) that i have been on this site you have to put your name forward quite publicly in a thread and there you say why you would make a good mod. Then the final decision is cast by i believe Depp so the non-secretive selection process allows any users that disagee to others to voice their opinion if it really desperately is neccessary. Obviously don't abuse that and spread rumours just because of your personal opinions.

I'm on FetLife too - ask and I will tell!
dared to perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #27
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Then again, are they even looking for mods. If not, this is pointless.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 AM   #28
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
Then again, are they even looking for mods. If not, this is pointless.
No, we are not at the moment.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #29
Pingu
Be afraid

It is a popularity contest when it comes down to it. The recent GetDare awards showed this. There were a few users (including myself) who were selected purely because we were a bit more "known" in the community through the chat. In terms of actual posts made on GD, some of us hadn't actually made a lot.

In my opinion, there were a lot more worthy candidates who had made much better quality and quantity of posts but weren't nominated because they weren't slightly more "known". These "known" people (again including myself) are sometimes part of groups. If we went by elections then it would be rather easy for this group to influence a mod to make decisions for them.

The applications to be a mod work fine. As Chloe said, each application was debated as to whether it is good or not. And it allows more people who might be not "known" to apply as well. These people might not be the most active people but if they do become a mod then you can see their activity increase. I have about 240 posts now and before I was a mod, I only had 80 in 10 months.

If you wish to impeach a mod then as Chloe said, PM Depp and he will look into it as long as it's credible.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #30
lokelake
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
It is a popularity contest when it comes down to it. The recent GetDare awards showed this. There were a few users (including myself) who were selected purely because we were a bit more "known" in the community through the chat. In terms of actual posts made on GD, some of us hadn't actually made a lot.

In my opinion, there were a lot more worthy candidates who had made much better quality and quantity of posts but weren't nominated because they weren't slightly more "known". These "known" people (again including myself) are sometimes part of groups. If we went by elections then it would be rather easy for this group to influence a mod to make decisions for them.

The applications to be a mod work fine. As Chloe said, each application was debated as to whether it is good or not. And it allows more people who might be not "known" to apply as well. These people might not be the most active people but if they do become a mod then you can see their activity increase. I have about 240 posts now and before I was a mod, I only had 80 in 10 months.

If you wish to impeach a mod then as Chloe said, PM Depp and he will look into it as long as it's credible.

Actually Pingu, it is not by popularity. I explained ina post above of how it is not popularity.