Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 01-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #16
Dominantjohn

Send a message via AIM to Dominantjohn Send a message via MSN to Dominantjohn Send a message via Yahoo to Dominantjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstockton25 View Post
In many cases, it IS true that if you "give an inch they take the ruler," and that's very unfortunate.

I'm not saying don't send "non-identifiable verification pictures," because they may be a good way to know that both parties are who they say they are; I'm saying beware of those who ask for too much too soon.

Personally, the verification photos I've been asked to send include being naked with the screen name of the person I'm chatting with written on me, being naked with a specific item inserted that isn't typical ((in this case, a purple marker)) and being naked bent over and spread wide..are you getting the theme here?? Though all three of these gentlemen insisted my face wasn't necessary, that's still asking for too much too soon, in my opinion. Of course, I'm not saying that all verification photos have to be nudes; I'm just pointing out that realistically, that's the direction many people take it.

Overall, I'm still not a supporter of ANY pic being sent before a sense of trust has been gained, nude or not. That's also not to say that because you have been chatting online with someone for awhile that they are a good, trustworthy person. A good rule of thumb is an eye for an eye when starting with sending pictures; I show you mine, you show me yours. There is no foolproof way to protect yourself from predators, but in general if you use your brain, you will be fine.

If you feel comfortable sending pictures, then go for it, but you MUST be prepared for any consequences.

I apologize for the length.
With technology being what it is now adays it's possible to setup a "loop" for video feeds and pics can be found anywhere. So while I understand the lengths some people go to I do usually do some kind of weird combination in a very specific outfit to prove it's live. Again, the thing here is communication, if you're uncomfortable, state your reasons with it. I've negotiated with slaves before in terms of what to send (eg: no nude, or nude but not showing anything) etc.

If they're looking to take the whole ruler then ditch them . . . they won't respect your limits unless it's something they're not into. It's a good test of control for the sub to state limits, even with pics, and see how good the master is at keeping within them.

It's always fun to circumnavigate the limits to a degree (not to mention the exercises in creativity). (Example, not showing anything, but is okay to edit out as little as possible). Still within the limits, but, just barely.
Dominantjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #17
Spitoon

Send a message via MSN to Spitoon Send a message via Yahoo to Spitoon

To verify somebody's pic ask them to send you one in a specific pose like a finger on their cheek and a thumb on their chin so you know it is them.

If you want to send your pic but do not want to be identified if they don't like you send pics of about 12 to 20 people and tell them to let you know who they like. If they don't like you then tell them you are one of the other ones they didn't like.

If you want to know whether they like what you like but don't want them to fake it to get you then put down your fetishes in a list with about 200% more fetishes and kinks which you are not into and don't like and tell them what you have done but that you are not going to tell them which are relevant to you and ask them which ones they like.

They way they will know that they cannot get you by saying they like the lot and will have to reply honestly.

The fakes won't bother.
Spitoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk