Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 01-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
kurious kat
getDare's Kinkiest Kitty

I did an in-person session a couple of years ago. At first, it was hard to get into a trance state because I was sitting up, and every time I relaxed very deeply I felt like I was going to fall over or start drooling.

Eventually I got settled, and then we did visualization imagery - taking a journey, etc. - and I was conscious, but deeply relaxed. Responses flowed very easily. Toward the end I got quite uncomfortable because I was afraid of being coaxed into confronting something scary where my mind was being led to (what, I have no idea! but the feeling was powerful)... but I still didn't actively resist while in trance. Thank goodness for ethical hypnosis! Ultimately, the hypnotist brought me back out of it by counting back up, and as far as I know, I remembered all of it.

If you want a resource you can experiment with yourself, there's a book called "Instant Self Hypnosis" by Forbes Robbins Blair. It has scripts for lots of things (quitting smoking, being more social at parties, etc.), but also has instructions for writing your own. The fun part is that you don't have to memorize/record the scripts - you can read them as you go, so the rest of your mind relaxes more deeply. Not everyone is susceptible, but it worked for me!
kurious kat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
hypnosis