Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 06-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

Default 'Leading' dares

Ok, my curiosity is piqued once more, just wondering people's views on the requests for dares that are so specific there's virtually no room for creativity?

I only ask because I've just seen a post, won't say which, but the title basically told me exactly what I was to 'make' the person do. To me that seems kinda redundant, it's like saying ' dare me to breathe' or ' dare me to wake up'.

I genuinely don't see the point in asking somebody to tell you to do something that you would do anyway, the only logical reason I can conceive of is to take away the blame and responsibility of the consequences, which in itself is ridiculous because even 5 year olds are punished and told that they shouldn't do something just because a friend tells them to...

The other reason is, while I've done similar before, I'd like to think I was more subtle, and I didn't quite lead them to a specific conclusion because it's the imagination and creativity I was interested in, it was like starting a sentence and asking somebody else to finish it, you'd get many different outcomes from different people. I can't imagine it's much fun for anybody to dominate from a script, or to submit to a script you wrote, I certainly wouldn't see the appeal in either role.

Anyway, rant over, can somebody please explain this though, because I want to understand the thought behind it

Magic always comes with a price....

Last edited by Sarge90; 06-01-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Sarge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #2
switchee

i think perhaps it's a desire to be ordered to do something. some people get a thrill out of that.

some of the camslave/slave ads are similar, in that people basically say they will do a very limited list of things and nothing else. essentially they're not slaves at all. they just want someone to order them to do what they already intend to do.
meh : sounding, cum eating
likes : humiliation, roleplay, anal, & pretty much everything else
switchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchee View Post
i think perhaps it's a desire to be ordered to do something. some people get a thrill out of that.

some of the camslave/slave ads are similar, in that people basically say they will do a very limited list of things and nothing else. essentially they're not slaves at all. they just want someone to order them to do what they already intend to do.
That's my point exactly, why waste time pretending and not just say 'honestly, I plan to do this, but I get a kick out of being told to, if you enjoy telling people to do this then get in touch and we can help each other'?

It'll save time, and you're guaranteed to get what you want then

Magic always comes with a price....

Sarge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Kitten
The One & Only

Drink

I don't really get it either. Sometimes people are so specific over what kind of dare they want, there's really only 1 or 2 dares you can give within all their parameters.
I don't think it's a dare that way. For me the point of a dare is that there is some type of risk or it might be something you'd normally be reluctant to do. If someone just tells you what they want you to repeat back to them, what's the point?
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk