Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Submissive/Dominant Area > Submissive/Dominant Lounge

Old 01-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
curiouskitty

Default curious question~

Is it possible to have a s/m relationship without the sexual undertones but still have the whole dominant master over slave thing? I'm just curious
curiouskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to curiouskitty for this post:
Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Vinnie
getDare Sweetheart

Most deffiantly!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Of course Actually, Master/slave, Dom/sub, etc. is a relationship dynamic where the one person gives out authority or control to one (or more) person. That can include pretty much anything you can think of.

The sexual undertones part is the "kink" part. And it can be included or excluded. Likewise, some people are kinky without having the whole dynamic going on in their relationships.

The most important thing to keep in mind is that there's no "right way" or "wrong way"of doing it because people's needs and desires are different
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
aislinnmarie

It's quite possible. And not all that uncommon.
aislinnmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
davedesire74

Send a message via Yahoo to davedesire74

I once had a slave who was a lesbian where there was no sexual contact at all. It was all D/s
Old 01-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
slavdiapergirl
Account Banned

yes I have a master and I'm still a vergin
slavdiapergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
curiouskitty

Interesting then in those types of d/s relationship, what else is there to do is one is its not sexua? Is it sorta like a "vanilla" one just with a more d/s dynamic?
curiouskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouskitty View Post
Interesting then in those types of d/s relationship, what else is there to do is one is its not sexua? Is it sorta like a "vanilla" one just with a more d/s dynamic?
There are so many things that can be incorporated

Some of the most common that comes to mind... Food control, Clothing control (having your clothes picked by the Dom basically)... all these things can be extended to whatever you can think that affects your daily life and activities.

Another common (which works best in real time) is Domestic service. A lot of subs and slaves are actually service-oriented with specific domestic chores to do. I have even known quite a few that were strictly service-oriented for dominant couples
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 AM   #9
vulcan

Angry

As others have already pointed out, the Master/slave relationship is not strictly about sex at all, though as in many relationships it usually has it's place, either minor or major. Master/slave is about control and so can clearly work even without sex even entering the equation.

i have known a number or Master/slave or Mistress/slave pairings where sex was at most a small part of the dynamic and in some cases non-existant; however all these relationships worked well.

Chloe has mentioned a number of ways in which control can be exercised other than through sex and I'm sure you can think of others still. Relationships are after all what we make of them and what suits one pairing may be different for another, that is one of the great things about our lifestyle choice.
vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
Kitten
The One & Only

I would like to think so, yes.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
Erotisch

DEFINITELY!

As several have already pointed out, there are other ways outside of sex to have a D/s relationship. Chloe mentioned clothing and food, but there is also people who are into pain -- and that doesn't always have to be sexual! Some people also love wax play and rope work. Neither of those has to be sexual. My Dom and I have had quite a few sessions where there was no sex involved at all, yet He is definitely still my Dom in those sessions.

i have a Dom. Please do not send me requests.
Erotisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #12
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

There is usually a sexual element in my play sessions- not necessarily sex in itself but sexually charged- for instance many girls have cum while being flogged by me, or even just a few quiet words spoken in their ear while bound. Very sexually charged.

However, I've also had subs where nothing like that took place. It was more behaviour and dress control and that sort of thing.

Many prodommes also have collared subs but there is zero sexual interaction (other than perhaps a well earned supervised wank), and it is quite normal.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #13
MasterZero

As it's been said already in this thread, it is 100% possible to have a Master/Slave relationship with nothing sexual involved.

My Pet is collared 24/7, so even if we aren't doing anything sexual she still crawls around and I still decide when she eats and drinks and she still follows my orders etc. She acts just as she would if we were playing with each other.
MasterZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk